CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Got the Eradicator Mech the other day. Really happy with how it turned out; the transformation feature especially. And the little bugs are great too.

Kalhiki

Edited by Kalhiki

Finally saw the Galactic Titan at the local Lego Store. Very excited to get this one when I have the proper funds.

Picked up the titan today with my VIP points...gotta say it's pretty cool. I love the gunship, the tank part is ok. Gonna sell the bugs so I didn't even open the bag they come in. Eradicator is still my fav tho.

Finally found the Star Slicer, an interesting set. I set up a GoPro for time lapse of the build process, haven't seen how that turned out yet. Strangely my set came with 2 sticker sheets.

At last I've finished the first wave, of course the second one is already out in the USA... :hmpf: Well at least it's only a couple of months until it's out here too.

In my personal opinion, the Galactic Titan is the best $100 set that's been released in the last 5-7 years... I definitely look forward to purchasing it, as it gives you "a lot of bang for your buck." :laugh: Usually, I am only impressed with sets priced $150 and higher... :look: So glad I've found an exception!

The new LEGO Club magazine has a new Galaxy Squad comic that shows some cool interaction between the Green and Orange teams. Also, there are some new product videos on the US LEGO website. At least, they are new to me. The one that describes the Blue Team actually gives the Blue Robot Sidekick's name, it is "Jezz" (unless I heard it wrong). But the similar Orange Team video doesn't even mention or show the orange robot, and the other teams don't have a video yet.

The videos showing the "unveiling" of the alien bug weapons are really cute.

I also thought that the mini game where you shoot the little alien larvae or whatever as they are launched from the HIve Crawler and cross the screen was a really fun, simple shoot'em up.

I liked the Orange Robot's misunderstanding of Chuck's "Hope I'm not late to the party" comment: NEGATIVE. THERE ARE NO FESTIVITIES TAKING PLACE IN THIS SECTOR. :laugh:

I haven't seen the Titan yet, but next time I go to a LEGO store or TRU I'll keep an eye out.

Does anyone know if the Vermin Vaporizer is a store-exclusive in the U.K.? Amazon UK sells all the other first wave sets (and have for some time) but not the Vermin Vaporizer, which is pissing me off because that's the one that I wanted to get.

70703 Star Slicer built under time-lapse

Ah, success! Flickr set here too.

Edited by Artanis I

Keep your eyes peeled. The Target by me just put some of the larger first wave sets on clearance. $40 for 70704 and $55 for 70705.

Perhaps this isn't the right place for this vent, but I'm a little perturbed that Galaxy Squad got only 1 page (and only 2 sets) in the Summer catalogue. Chima got 6, count'em 6 pages; and Ninjago got a double-page spread of all the same sets that were in the previous catalogue.

Why isn't LEGO showing any love to Galaxy Squad?

I'm satisfied with two waves. It's not getting the neglect that LOTR/TMNT/Castle are getting this year. :look:

Perhaps this isn't the right place for this vent, but I'm a little perturbed that Galaxy Squad got only 1 page (and only 2 sets) in the Summer catalogue. Chima got 6, count'em 6 pages; and Ninjago got a double-page spread of all the same sets that were in the previous catalogue.

Chima is their big "Showpiece Theme" for this year, that they have invested a ton into various media formats. The sets, the Speedorz game, computer and video games, TV show, Constraction figures, etc. Ninjago is their previous showpiece theme, that still has so much overwhelming demand that they have been forced to extend its life cycle. Galaxy Squad is this years Evergreen Space theme. It's a great theme, and one that they are pushing well. But it was never intended to get the same marketing concentration of their game based Chima or Ninjago themes. It's more along the lines of last years Monster Fighters. A good solid boys play theme.

These type sub themes rarely if ever go beyond 2 waves by design. The only ones I can remember hitting a small third ish wave were Atlantis and Mars Mission. And I don't think either did real well in their third wave?

Edited by Faefrost

*sigh* I suppose you're right.

Galaxy Squad is such an incredibly cool concept. Shades of Futuron, Starship Troopers, the Fly, the 4th Doctor's episode "Ark in Space", and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, plus cute robot sidekicks -- how phenomenal is that? It's more than just an evergreen Space theme -- it's a treasure trove for creativity!

Maybe we'll get a Red team polybag this fall? One can hope...

Oh I agree. Although I almost wish they had saved and refined GS a little more and used it as a sort of Ninjago in space, space based centerpiece theme some cycle.

Hmm, cool find. Does the set come with 2 cocoons?

-Sci

I don't think so.

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened in a Lego Space set, There were 2 different versions of the arms for the Scorpion Detector back in the day in the Explorien advertisements.