CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Sorry for the double post, but here are two pics showing the front of the Hive Crawler and the Galactic Titan respectively. The Hive Crawler looks just as good from the front, although I´m worried about how well the cockpit area is enclosed. Something to fix probably.

The Galactic on the other hand seems to only have improved. It seems to have a `press here` pop-up double cannon and the cockpit is one of the best I´ve ever seen. I´m curious how the space ship attaches, as the other shows it being obscured. Or, and here´s my stroke of genius does the Titan have cockpits on both ends? Possible, seeing as the spaceship part seems able to seat two. If so, the humor value alone makes this my (second) favorite set of the year.

Edited by DraikNova

The Galactic Titan looks like it could genuinely go toe-to-toe with legendary 7066. The Hive Crawler looks good - I wouldn't worry about the cockpit enclosure, since it seems that the demonstrator flipped them forward intentionally. They can still snap back into a more desirable position.

Yes, but in a pic where the cockpit is folded up, the cockpit still has quite a few gaps. The mini-scorpion-creature look very intimidating, by the way. What I'm wondering is why we haven't gotten pictures of the Crater Creeper yet.

I'm surprised no picture of the new blue team member has shown up. Aside from a glimpse in the back of Titan pictures on the minifigure display carousel or inside a purple pod. Hopefully more shots will come from NY Toyfair.

I'm surprised no picture of the new blue team member has shown up. Aside from a glimpse in the back of Titan pictures on the minifigure display carousel or inside a purple pod. Hopefully more shots will come from NY Toyfair.

That's what I'm holding out for. The NY toy fair usually comes with an explosion of pictures. I think we'll get a lot of good shots of the summer wave.

There are only three things we haven't seen pictures of yet:

The red squad vehicles, the green squad one and the main vehicle of the Crater Creeper.

The GS Wiki has a pic of the new blue team guy. Unnamed

Unnamed_GS_Blue_Division_Member.jpg

So assuming you bought every GS set including the two polybags you would have:

Solomon Blaze x3

Blue #two x1

Blue robot x3

Jack Fireblade x3

Ashlee Starstrider x1

Orange robot x2

Chuck Stonebreaker x3

Green robot x1

Billy Starbeam x2

Red robot x2

Mosquitoid elite x1

Mosquitoid x4

Mosquitoid larva x4

Buggoid elite x1

Buggoid x3

*This information is brought to you by the Utterly useless information bureau.

Edited by Jargo

Seeing as my opinions about other themes have caverocketed, I'm going to be spending most practically all of my budget on Galaxy Squad. I might even get two Hive Crawlers. Or perhaps two Galactic Titans or two Vermin Vaporizers.

My enthusiasm for other themes has waned. Besides City and CMF's, GS is what's tickling my pickle.

I think Chima and SW are looking alright, but I agree, Galaxy Squad's prospects are the most interesting. I was a little underwhelmed by wave 1, especially with higher price point sets. Wave 2 seems to be addressing that.

My brother's partner's kids are into Lego. Isobel doesn't like girly stuff like Friends, She likes vehicles and machines so I'm getting her interested in GS before the August release here. Michael is into Star Wars but I think GS could appeal to him. At least the Titan will strike a chord with him. Isobel will probably also go for the aliens because of the colour scheme of their vehicles. Plus, I suspect she has the makings of an evil despot so yeah, the evil aliens will definitely suit her.

The GS wiki has clear pictures of the larva and the "armored" alien.

Mosquitoid_Elite_3.jpgLarvae_2.jpgMosquitoid_Larva.jpg

It seems the armored type has four eyes.

In that second pic of the larva I think he's done toilet on the table... :look:

Seems like the mini-scorpion/larva has four red eyes. Does anyone know why there wasn´t more footage of the actual sets?

It's interesting that we are seeing a fair bit more of the minifigures than the actual sets from the Toy Fairs. Heck, we still haven't seen anything of one of the sets yet. Which bids the question: where was it at the Nuremberg Toy Fair? Why did no one get pictures of it? Hopefully we get more pictures of the sets at the New York Toy Fair when that comes around.

Perhaps it's an American exclusive? It wasn't at the London or German shows because it won't be sold there? I don't know, just a guess. And just five days until NY Toyfair. Sunday 10th - Wednesday 13th.

Space monocles for all!

Or, you know... all the blues...

Oooh you! :poke:

*mumblemuttermumble*

It's interesting that we are seeing a fair bit more of the minifigures than the actual sets from the Toy Fairs. Heck, we still haven't seen anything of one of the sets yet. Which bids the question: where was it at the Nuremberg Toy Fair? Why did no one get pictures of it? Hopefully we get more pictures of the sets at the New York Toy Fair when that comes around.

It's probably a store exclusive. Those rarely get shown at the toy fairs, since one of the main purposes of toy fairs is to show off the year's toys to retailers who might want to carry them, and it does nobody any good to show off toys that they won't be able to carry at their own stores.

Last year at New York Toy Fair, some store exclusives did get shown, specifically ones for licensed themes. It's possible we might see some non-licensed store exclusives at New York Toy Fair, such as the Crocs' Swamp Hideout in Legends of Chima (Chima is, after all, being presented as a pretty big deal), but I doubt a Galaxy Squad store exclusive would show up. Still, guess that's just something else to look forward to even after the major Toy Fairs are all wrapped up.

It's probably a store exclusive. Those rarely get shown at the toy fairs, since one of the main purposes of toy fairs is to show off the year's toys to retailers who might want to carry them, and it does nobody any good to show off toys that they won't be able to carry at their own stores.

I don't think that the Crater Creeper (the set we saw nothing of at the Toy Fair) is an exclusive. If it was we wouldn't have seen the preliminary picture of it in the retail catalogue.

Toy fairs are rarely comprehensive anyway. Galaxy Squad, like most Space themes, aren't really pushed too hard at these events. Especially with Chima and Star Wars hogging the limelight. Brick-built minifig busts, huge displays, .etc - what does GS get? A table.