Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hmm, something old will be new again in city eh ?

Shell gas station......perhaps to compete with Octan ?

Maybe a post office ? (a post office could tie into cargo sub-theme perhaps)

Usually we don't get too many second half sets do we......could the collectable minifigs give us an idea ? :look:

Divers seems most likely to me. City hasn't had an actual post office but the post office 'theme' has been touched upon. There hasn't been any underwater exploration sets in City though. Boats yes, submersible craft, no.

The Town diver series is one of my favourites so I really hope we get an update on that.

We had divers in the Marina set from 2011..........hey, I just thought of something......truck stop.....tie into cargo.......well it might be wishful thinking eh ? :grin:

With the airport retiring and possibly the trains (they are going on three years now) and harbor sets (most are listed as sold out or retiring soon). I am thinking it may be a new version of one of those.

Also wouldn’t the coast guard sets be a spring release being related to fire and police?

Bill

Also wouldn’t the coast guard sets be a spring release being related to fire and police?

Bill

They use to have Toys"R"Us exclusive Spring releases (Cargo for 2008, Farm for 2009), but it seems like a trend that will not be coming back. :sadnew:

We had divers in the Marina set from 2011..........hey, I just thought of something......truck stop.....tie into cargo.......well it might be wishful thinking eh ? :grin:

A truck stop is my is my unicorn, about 5 years ago i rebuilt 6346, 6348, and, 6335 and I've wanted to make a truck stop for them but it just hasn't gotten off the ground.

a whole new divers theme would be fantastic! I'd love to see new city type research boats and shipwrecks. Although I still think that's a tough theme because you need 2 levels of play (underwater and above)

I'd love to see a re-release of this set: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6543-1 in the current city scale.

Edited by tomdobs55

When do the new city sets come out?, that fire station looks awesome.

I believe they start being released January on wards depending on each country, like the great vehicles will be in Oz before some European countries......but without a 2013 catalogue....which my son hasn't been sent yet through the Lego Club it's still guess work.

I think "old town" is not revived one of old themes, but subtheme with old style buildings and cars. Its just my speculation though and I dont beleive that we will know anything more before Nurnberg fair.

hi

for your information...set 60005 (fire boat) is available in Luxembourg in Europe already in the supermarket CACTUS.... just saw it 10 minutes ago there...

Marc

I saw the new cement truck, tow truck, octan truck, and helicopter arrest at the Lego store near my house yesterday (Burlington, MA)

While checking out a link provided by 'CM4S' over on the Chima topic I found this......

lego_city_2013_fire_display.png

Pity the photographer didn't take a few steps back to see what other city sets were on display....but better than nothing I guess. :blush:

Roll on 2013 I say ! :grin:

While checking out a link provided by 'CM4S' over on the Chima topic I found this......

Pity the photographer didn't take a few steps back to see what other city sets were on display....but better than nothing I guess. :blush:

Roll on 2013 I say ! :grin:

Nice find LT. Pity whoever set up the display, didn't take the time to get the Firefighter from set 60005 to put their helemt on the right way round!!! lol

Nice find LT. Pity whoever set up the display, didn't take the time to get the Firefighter from set 60005 to put their helemt on the right way round!!! lol

Didn't you know it's cool to have your cap on backwards ! :laugh:

I've notice that all three fire trucks must be designed by different designers......I'm wondering what vehicles they are based on ? :look:

can any one confirm that has retractile landing gear ???

I don't think it has retractable landing gear......just standard wheel/axle sets as used on many other helicopters and planes.

Set names of some 2nd half 2013 sets are found in this website:

http://www.2ttoys.nl...dkoop_lego.html

By translation:

60012 {Coast Guard 4X4 dive boat}

60014 {Coast Guard patrol}

60019 {stunt plane}

60020 {jackscrew cargo plane}

60021 {cargo terminal}

60023 {Lego City Starterset}

60025 {Grand Prix truck}

60027 {Monstertruck transporter}

Cargo theme is returning?

Oh, boy.....I thought mid year would be better than that.....only the cargo terminal and the starter set - what ever that is ?

Perhaps the cargo plane....jackscrew ?.....and maybe the coast guard stuff....but that might be it.

Monster truck transporter....are they serious ? :wacko:

Footnote - that cargo plane might be worth it......I think the jackscrew operates the front loading bay door or lifts the cockpit for loading perhaps ? :wink:

Hmm, not so sure about a Racing sub-theme in CITY. I was never into race cars and such back in Classic Town time, so I'll probably pass on those. However, I'm very interested in anything Cargo themed. Might be adding another table next summer!