Hey guys need you opinion on something. I just started on Ninjago and I'm catching up on old sets. Which one should I prioritize first since I'm on a budget. Flame temple or a duo purchase of Samurai Mech and Sonic Raider? I already got the Temple of Light so I have a base for the ninja's if that was something to consider....

****edit will be moving this query to a more appropriate topic

Edited by gaoJP

Keep it here, there are a lot of unanswered topics like that one.

Anyway, I would say Samurai Mech and the Ultra Sonic Raider, definitely. Or get the Ultra Sonic Raider and the Garmatron; both the Samurai Mech and the Garmatron are great sets and the USR is the best vehicle I've seen in ages.

Of the two choices, Fire Temple. As it is already out of production, the first moment you find it, buy it. The other two (or other choice) can probably be purchased before April, being that they are last year's summer sets. They shouldn't be gone until then so you have some time.

(Different subject) When reading my Ninjago Character Encyclopedia, it revealed a hidden mystery that was commonly overlooked when the Dragons were still available.

The characters on the flags on their backs say,

"Dragon God"

Edited by Penkid11

Of the two choices, Fire Temple. As it is already out of production, the first moment you find it, buy it. The other two (or other choice) can probably be purchased before April, being that they are last year's summer sets. They shouldn't be gone until then so you have some time.

(Different subject) When reading my Ninjago Character Encyclopedia, it revealed a hidden mystery that was commonly overlooked when the Dragons were still available.

"Dragon God"

Interesting! I have 3 of them :laugh: now I have to find them and keep them somewhere safe..... :wub:

Hey guys need you opinion on something. I just started on Ninjago and I'm catching up on old sets. Which one should I prioritize first since I'm on a budget. Flame temple or a duo purchase of Samurai Mech and Sonic Raider? I already got the Temple of Light so I have a base for the ninja's if that was something to consider....

****edit will be moving this query to a more appropriate topic

The Fire Temple is a fantastic set. Possibly the single best all around set of the Ninjago line. The Temple itself is an awesome display piece and it has one of the better dragons. Samurai Mech is a wonderful mech if that is your thing and Sonic Raider is probably the best vehicle of the line. Of these Fire Temple will quickly become the hardest to find and most expansive to Bricklink, etc.

"Dragon God"

Something tells me I already knew this, but still, it's nice to have some confirmation.

I love it when Lego includes things like that.

Kalhiki

Something tells me I already knew this, but still, it's nice to have some confirmation.

I love it when Lego includes things like that.

Kalhiki

I believe some one had also translated the writing on the Window Inserts to read "Ninja"

Thanks for the replies guys. Definitely a touch choice but I thought fire temple would be easier to get cause among the older set's there are still some on the on the shelves ..What about the Samurai mech is it worth getting?

What about the Samurai mech is it worth getting?

The best mech of recent years.

The Samurai Mech is definitely worth getting. Even just for the Samurai X figure. The snakes are great as well, one of which is exclusive to that set.

Strange, I for one found the Fire Temple slightly underwhelming. Anyway, the "Dragon God" writing was already translated in 2011.

Soooo....

LEGO Shop in Milton Keynes, UK.....front of the shop/everywhere is promotion for Chima, with Chimas at the very front on the left shelving, then there is some 2012 Ninjago sets, and then town, etc etc. I was looking around, and they also had new superheroes and new Star Wars, but I was totally bummed out to see that they did not have Ninjago 2013 sets.

But...at the very back of the shop, on a small/tiny shelf/display, facing outwards (in the middle of the shop) so basically HIDDEN were the sets! Very surprised at their positioning, they were practically positioned as if they were ashamed of them.

Must have been some kind of advice from the heads? Its weird that Ninjago 2012 was up front though....I guess they want to get rid of it?

Ninjago sold out practically in a day at my local store. Suppose your store moved it to the back so that kids wouldn't be distracted, so they can focus on the excess of Chima.

Ninjago sold out practically in a day at my local store. Suppose your store moved it to the back so that kids wouldn't be distracted, so they can focus on the excess of Chima.

I think the store manager just made a mistake. It's a strange idea to move a theme that's known to sell well to the back of the store where apperently no one can see it.

Ok so I got the Ninjago Encyclopedia on sale and since it was an interesting read and had a Lloyd ZX which I didn't have I went for it. Now since I wasn't in the mood to fork over $20 for a Lloyd Zx Spinner set I decided to grab one of those $2 bootlegs just so I could get the weapons. Funny quality was quite good but the weird thing is putting it together is more of like a model kit than a mini fig. Weird parts construction but all in all decent for a KO.

The book includes Kimono Lloyd, despite the book's lack of Minifig name information. Either that or the minifigure is just called Lloyd, because Kimono was a fan name for the new suits (I think). It is not Zen eXtreme (ZX) though.

The book includes Kimono Lloyd, despite the book's lack of Minifig name information. Either that or the minifigure is just called Lloyd, because Kimono was a fan name for the new suits (I think). It is not Zen eXtreme (ZX) though.

Mini, IDK if you have the book, but it calls the Lloyd that it includes Lloyd ZX...

Now, I wouldn't call him that, but...

It's probably because it was released in 2012 and they didn't want to spoiler the new suits more than they already had.

Edited by DraikNova

Mini, IDK if you have the book, but it calls the Lloyd that it includes Lloyd ZX...

They actually called him Geen Ninja ZX.

Edited by Wall E2624

So gave in and just got all 3....Uggh I am so broke now...Happy but broke. :wacko:

This will happen A LOT. You and your wallet better get used to it. :grin:

Are you saying that I'm correcting without any information or confirmation? You of all people know I collect the minifigures (and I have at least one of each minifig except for New Garmadon, Kimono Cole and Jay, and NRG Jay). *bragz* :grin:

I suppose that it was written that way in the book because of spoilers, even though Lloyd's identity is revealed in the book AND a Stone Warrior gets a double page spread!

Are you saying that I'm correcting without any information or confirmation? You of all people know I collect the minifigures (and I have at least one of each minifig except for New Garmadon, Kimono Cole and Jay, and NRG Jay). *bragz* :grin:

I suppose that it was written that way in the book because of spoilers, even though Lloyd's identity is revealed in the book AND a Stone Warrior gets a double page spread!

No, just saying that his official name really isn't Kimono Lloyd, but Lloyd ZX (actually Green Ninja ZX - at least in default of a different name given us by LEGO, there's not much reason to call him - or even the other ninjas - Kimono... we could just call them ZX II :tongue: ).

Oh, and I have both Jay and NRG Jay... :devil: (How come you're missing original Jay? His spinner sells for about $12 last I checked, and it's a starter set!)