RoxYourBlox

Apple Square University

This is really great! It looks big, yet not imposing, and the details on the facade are just splendid! :wub:

See it on Classic-Town.net

This is just gorgeous. The coloring is so impressive - I love the dark blue and pale orange colors, they compliment each other without looking cartoonish. The architecture is very nice too, the straight vertical lines of brick are very nice contrast with the curved windows. Add the fact that you also built an interior... :wub:

Also: really digging the microscope design! :thumbup:

Great design and use of colurs! Relly beautiful and impressive model! Have you put it on Cuusoo?

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/141364880

CUUSOO user Dralcax shares his list of tips, and we especially like #6, talking about price range. There is no set bottom or top price point for a CUUSOO project to be accepted, but you'll have a better chance of us accepting your project if it is a reasonable size.

ASU is over 7500 bricks, and the 32x32 version is half of that. I've been thinking about a successful cuusoo strategy, but any project would have to be reasonable in terms of brick and lot counts to pass review.

That is beautiful! I love the color scheme. I want to build my own version right now!

I like how the inspiration and this MOC look nothing alike (at least to me). And yes, that is a compliment. You took inspiration and came up with something really unique and beautiful. That is awesome.

If I do "copy" this, I probably wouldn't do a stand alone building (even though that is brilliant very fitting), but instead do another front facade amongst the other modulars. I would picture a downtown university to blend a little bit, but I would have no idea since I haven't been to a city university like that. The universities I've seen were all on a huge spread out campus, but I like this idea very much.

Keep up the great work. I will check back often.

Wow - that's a stunner of a building. When you look at it and almost forget that it's Lego, you know it's good. Well done on a fantastic MOC. :classic:

The exterior detail is absolutely beautiful - you should be very proud of yourself :cry_happy:

I envy those that can make such wonderful MOC's, as I simply don't have the time or money to do so.

Great design and use of colurs! Relly beautiful and impressive model! Have you put it on Cuusoo?

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/25463

This is now a project on Cuusoo; I would donate my share to charity. Although it's tough to reduce large creations to a scale realistic for production, I took a shot by editing the footprint to 16x32 studs, thus allowing it to fit into anyone's modular building collection (a la 10223 Kingdoms Joust).

Check out the revision here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoxYourBlox/lxf2/cuusoo.lxf

Also, I'd like to replace the LDD screen capture (bottom picture in the cuusoo link) with renders showing the front (exterior) and back (interior). If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it very much.

thumb640x360.jpg

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Can 

On 9/17/2012 at 5:53 PM, RoxYourBlox said:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/25463

This is now a project on Cuusoo; I would donate my share to charity. Although it's tough to reduce large creations to a scale realistic for production, I took a shot by editing the footprint to 16x32 studs, thus allowing it to fit into anyone's modular building collection (a la 10223 Kingdoms Joust).

Check out the revision here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoxYourBlox/lxf2/cuusoo.lxf

Also, I'd like to replace the LDD screen capture (bottom picture in the cuusoo link) with renders showing the front (exterior) and back (interior). If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it very much.

thumb640x360.jpg

Hey, can we still buy your original instructions?

1 hour ago, minimat said:

Hey, can we still buy your original instructions?

I got your message in Flickr relayed to my email, but I can’t reply in the app until I’m back at my laptop in a few days. If you’ve invested time looking at my MOCs, then you should also be aware that this is a sensitive situation for me and that I’d want to exercise caution in considering whether to re-open a can of worms. (If not, please read the first post.) Is a $20 sale worth another 2 years of trouble? This is the type of issue I’d be facing. Thanks.