Sign in to follow this  
Moexy

[MOC] LOTR - Halls of Erebor

Hello all,

I humbly present to you my very first MOC: The Throne Room of the Lonely Mountain (Erebor) :classic: .

After 5 years of being in a "dark period" and because of the release of the new LEGO LOTR sets, I again discovered my passion for the lego brick.

Had been lurking on Eurobricks for some weeks when I got inspired by all the very nice LOTR and other Historical MOC's :thumbup: so I couldn't resist to start building a first MOC myself.

I like the dwarfs and their architecture so I decided to build one of their Halls: Erebor and Khazad-Dûm had been done before but mostly in a destroyed form (the Mines of Moria and Erebor with Smaug and the treasure).

Erebor is going to be present in the upcoming Hobbit trilogy so I thought it would be fun to do something with that :classic: .

The first hall and entrance of the Throne Room:

14.jpg

A little well in the middle so the Dwarves have water to drink (and not just beer :tongue: )

11.jpg

The Axemen stand Guard at the Great Gate:

18.jpg

They gladly open the gates for esteemed visitors:

19.jpg

The King's Guard protects him with there lives:

20.jpg

Dáin II Ironfoot, King under the Mountain and Lord of the Iron Hills on his throne (and he always has his personal treasure closeby :wink: )

21.jpg

King Dáin holding the Arkenstone and accompenied by one of his Raven friends:

25a.jpg

Overview of the Throne Room:

23.jpg

And a second overview of the Throne Room:

25.jpg

More photos on Brickshelf (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=511010)

I hope you'll like it and C&C is always welcome!

Greetings,

Moexy

P.S. Sorry for the quality of the photos, also first time I tried to take photos of LEGO :tongue:

That looks so amazing and undoubtly looks like the Halls of Erebor. :wink: There's so much detail in this set especially the columns holding up the halls. The well also looks great but simple.

Very nice! I like the doors into the throne room and you did a good job of making a throne for a dwarf that didn't look silly (not easy when they can't sit down :laugh: )The blocks sticking out a half stud break up the wall nicely :thumbup:

It's amazing how a release of a LOTR theme inspired so many people to come up with amazing scenes from the trilogy and the Hobbit. Your MOC is fantastic. I like how you showed interesting elements of the dwarf's architecture. The pillars are my favourite. Really well done! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the kind words :blush::sweet:

This looks massive, could you post a picture of the whole MOC just to get the overall size

It's actually not that big (compared to most of the other MOC's :tongue: ), I used two 48x48 baseplates.

28.jpg

29.jpg

I have to say it looked a lot bigger than it really is. :)

Very good photography there.

This is a very good MOC of a Dwarf Hall. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, that little detail with the ring and the fire makes it all. Maybe add some beer and wine!

Awesome looking, loved the alcoves along the back wall and the columns.

Thanx you all very much! :sweet:

Venunder

I have to say it looked a lot bigger than it really is. :)

Yeah it really does look bigger on the photographs :tongue:

I'll probably expand it later on with some more (maybe 2) halls. I just don't know what I could put into those halls though (a smithy, or maybe a front gate with some green in front to have a bitt more color?).

Masked Builder

Wow, that's a pretty large MOC

Thank you :sweet:

SheepEater

Whi is Gimli guarding the King, and why does he have an identical twin?

Yea it's maybe a good idea I make them a bitt different so they don't look like twins :tongue:

Thanx for the advice :classic:

Edited by Moexy