just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I went to a few Targets in SoCal today. All of them had the main sets minus the largest and smallest. I didn't see any speedorz either.

Got Razcal's Glider at Walmart yesterday (though I haven't even opened the box yet...), they seemed to have mostly everything except for Speedorz.

At the Lego Store today, there were no kids debating on whether to buy 2013 Ninjago or some Chima... ALL 2013 NINJAGO WAS GONE!! All of the employees now where blue aprons with the Chima logo plastered on it. Every employee was excited for the theme.

Now then, on to my opinion of my purchases today.

Ewar's Acro Fighter looks somewhat like an eagle, but I'm sure that the only reason why we want this set is because of Ewar. Sadly to say, He's Equila with a different "hat." Everything else is the same i comparison.

Ring of Fire is a bit of a surprise. I thought it was "aim your ramp an launch it through the ring with failure almost every time." I set the ramp directly on the green plate base and... twice I made it through! The ring has the perfect width. The Speedorz are fun... perhaps I shall save a bit more on the game for just a bit... Razar was the reason why I bought this set today ( I wanted at least one fig from every tribe available :grin:) and let me say, he does not disappoint! His expressions are wonder full. Heck, every minifig in the sets I bought today (perhaps besides Cragger) have excellent expressions.

CHI Battles is the ideal intro set. The ramps included however are absolutely pointless. Without the rubber grip that two of today's sets ramps had, they get caught by the grippy Speedor Wheelz (couldn't resist). The challenges are various, the weakest being the one involving the cones, but the rock/leaf hazard can be flipped on either side, not to mention the palm leaves that are easy to grab to, making this the best of this set's hazards.

Ultimate Speedorz Tournament (I have this strange problem calling it a Challenge) is great. You have a hazard you can't possibly miss in the Lion gate, and the ramp -> Fountain hazard mix is pretty well if I do say so myself. Plus, it includes both of the Princes.

Eagle's Castle was excellent. With enough practice, the castle is very easy to open, and mostly consists of rubber bands. It doesn't have that much variety compared to the other combo Speedorz packs, but if you want to collect all of them... On a side note... Ewald is still genderless.

Ewar's Acro Fighter 3/5: Just for the minifig,right? No variety at all.

Ring of Fire 5/5: Works perfectly, probably the easiest to use hazards today.

CHI Battles 4/5: It's hazards are, for the most part, uninteresting, but that is pretty small when compared to the Speedorz/Minifigures.

Ultimate Speedorz Tournament 4/5: Not as ultimate as it seems, but has no flawed hazards.

Eagle's Castle 4/5: Simple, large enough for it's price, but... Ewald...

Now about the Speedorz game. If I were to compare it to Ninjago when it comes to entertainment, well it's rather boring. It's like a game of War (card game). The catch? Winner gets to pick from the top first, and the loser of the match still has a chance to win. The character cards in particular serve not other purpose either. they add nothing to how the game is played besides that. Also the Card name are Chimese AKA nonsence. I sometimes can't pronounce what they say, due to that, and that is just...why? The art is good though.

Now if you were to compare a Speedor to a Spinner, the Speedorz are fun to buzz around, but there is no customization factor to it, whatsoever. Sure you can trade out Power-Upz, but they aren't added when a card is pulled (They do have cards to spotlight them though). When it comes to playing with them just because, the Speedorz are much more entertaining than watching a spinner die down, and much easier to master too. Other than that, they are a flop to me (perhaps if I were to get someone to play with me :tongue: ...)

Well, I set up all my Speedorz, and I shot a video of them all. Yes, I'm talking for most of it. But I'm going to sleep right now so I can't shoot any pictures until tomorrow. So, for now, here are all of the January 2013 Speedorz:

Does anyone have a link to a link/website with pictures/scans of all the Chima cards?

Ask just2good, he has all the cards at the moment.

Does anyone have a link to a link/website with pictures/scans of all the Chima cards?

Like JackAttack said, I have all the cards. It will be super hard to scan them all, but do you have any specific card you want to be scanned? If my scanner is working, I'll scan 'em for you. :classic:

Isn't there a library on the site like there was with Ninjago?

At the Lego Store today, there were no kids debating on whether to buy 2013 Ninjago or some Chima... ALL 2013 NINJAGO WAS GONE!! All of the employees now where blue aprons with the Chima logo plastered on it. Every employee was excited for the theme.

Probably because the kids have seen these sets on TV. The Chima sales will probably look like the Ninjago 2013 sales after the Chima show starts.

The site isn't live yet, but it probably will have a library when it is up.

It's likely there will be, however only the teaser site is live right now (as far as I know, at least).

Well, I set up all my Speedorz, and I shot a video of them all. Yes, I'm talking for most of it. But I'm going to sleep right now so I can't shoot any pictures until tomorrow. So, for now, here are all of the January 2013 Speedorz:

*snip*

Thanks for that video! I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Anyone have any opinions on Laval's Royal Fighter? Its the cheapest way to get Laval and Longtooth and the price is good for the amount of pieces, but it looks like a jumbled mess of exposed Technic bits with a lion head attached to it.

Anyone have any opinions on Laval's Royal Fighter? Its the cheapest way to get Laval and Longtooth and the price is good for the amount of pieces, but it looks like a jumbled mess of exposed Technic bits with a lion head attached to it.

Its not the cheapest way (for the UK) to get Laval and Longtooth , get the ultimate speedor tournament for £19.99 and the starter set £14.99, £5.01 cheaper.

Edited by Jackattack7

Yes but in the US that would be $50 as apposed to $40.

By the way, in the comic included in the new Lego Club Mag, it says the Cragger became leader after his parents went missing...

In my "little" review above, I made the Speedorz seem really bad. Its just the game in particular. The cards are beautiful looking, and the hazardz and Speedorz themselves are just to much fun. Too bad I can't play with them without the prying eyes of family members.

Also by the way the cards are numbered, it seems that there will be at least, 5 Lion, 3 Raven, and 3 Wolf Speedorz (I'll need at least two Eagle, and Crocodile sets to confirm the rest besides the Gorillas, of course). So Winzar will complete the Wolf deck. Whether Lennox' deck in the Lion Gates Speedor will include a different deck than in Eagles Castle will determine if there will be a Summer Lion Speedor. Eglor will be the deciding factor for the Eagles, I however will also need to acquire Equila, and not to mention Crominus to definitely determine their Speedor count.

Just some interesting info for you all!

Edited by Penkid11

Just found it, too. Obviously the website was supposed to go live today, but it hasn't. Maybe we'll have more luck tomorrow.

Looking forward to the MMO, as I neither have a PS Vita nor a 3DS (or any other console besides NES for that matter :P).

-Gata signoff.png

Yep, there's a topic here in the Culture & Multimedia subforum. Certainly nice to see that with all the excitement about Chima, TLG isn't ignoring video games as a major component of their media offerings.

Edited by Aanchir

Legends of Chima Online sounds quite ambitious. I'm certainly going to get it. Laval's Adventure also sounds interesting, but nowadays I'm more of a PC gamer, with occasional mobile (on my phone) gaming. Maybe they'll expand that one to other platforms.

Legends of Chima Online sounds quite ambitious. I'm certainly going to get it. Laval's Adventure also sounds interesting, but nowadays I'm more of a PC gamer, with occasional mobile (on my phone) gaming. Maybe they'll expand that one to other platforms.

Most certainly, I will play Legends of Chima Online. Sounds like fun. I hope it is similar to LEGO Universe.

On an unrelated note, could anybody who own the new US LEGO Club Magazine provide scans of the comic and poster, and maybe the cover? I have not received mine yet, and I would really like to see.

Edited by Perry the Platypus

Going to TRU to see if they have Chima. I have a LOT of cash + gift cards to spend there. Wish me luck!!

-Sci

Zackattacx, your profile pic Worriz me. :tongue: (Are the wolves your favorite tribe?)

Chima site still isn't up yet...