just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I sure hope the Chima sets are available in the US by tomorrow (unlikely), otherwise if I get a gift card, I will have to spend that on the sets. Not that I am complaining, though: the sets look worth it!

The sets I am planning on getting:

Eris' Eagle Interceptor

Speedorz Ice Tower

Ultimate Speedor Tournament

Edited by Perry the Platypus

I sure hope the Chima sets are available in the US by tomorrow (unlikely), otherwise if I get a gift card, I will have to spend that on the sets. Not that I am complaining, though: the sets look worth it!

The sets I am planning on getting:

Eris' Eagle Interceptor

Speedorz Ice Tower

Ultimate Speedor Tournament

Same with Eris' Eagle Interceptor, £29.99 for that is amazing. Also Razcal's Glider which is great £7.99, luckily I've already got it. I just pray that Wakz' Pack tracker is £24.99 and the other two Eagle sets are no more than £34.99.

EDIT: Maybe Lennox Lion Attack.

(This is only for January 1st, I plan to get 9 out of 10 of the sets.)

Edited by Jackattack7

Same with Eris' Eagle Interceptor, £29.99 for that is amazing. Also Razcal's Glider which is great £7.99, luckily I've already got it. I just pray that Wakz' Pack tracker is £24.99 and the other two Eagle sets are no more than £34.99.

EDIT: Maybe Lennox Lion Attack.

(This is only for January 1st, I plan to get 9 out of 10 of the sets.)

Well, my wife always gets me $75 LEGO gift cards, so I just chose three sets I may want that add up to $75. That is probably my final decision on the sets I am getting. Agreed on the Eagle Interceptor. The ravens look amazing, and so does the vehicle itself. Plus, Eris is adorable.

Well, my wife always gets me $75 LEGO gift cards, so I just chose three sets I may want that add up to $75. That is probably my final decision on the sets I am getting. Agreed on the Eagle Interceptor. The ravens look amazing, and so does the vehicle itself. Plus, Eris is adorable.

You should get the raven set, I haven't opened it yet (but my cousin has it and made up) because as soon as I get a new camera I will do a picture review on it. But yes, yes, yes Eris' Interceptor is a must get. And Equila's Ultra Striker has great minifigs in it.

EDIT: YOU WILL MISS OUT BY $0.03 ON AN EWAR POLYBAG, you have to spend more than $75 to get one (Jan 1st - Jan 31st.)

Edited by Jackattack7

Yes I was actually, It was a combonation of how amazing yours looked...

Thank you! :blush:

Must resist...REVIEWS!!

If you watch the video preview for the show on page 49 of this topic, in the scene where the King Lion is walking toward a pool, in the pack of Lions around him, there is a Lion in a dress.

Looks like Crominus isn't the only leader with a Queen

Edited by Penkid11

If I remember correctly, I saw a couple in robes. I think it's just a type of gown they wear.

Lion_Tribe.png

Not so sure I am going to like these now. Just bought and built Razcal's Glider and on reflection it looks like something the cat killed and has dumped in the garden a couple of weeks ago. t is just awful, looks like a skeletal kind of zombie bird and has pretty much put me off. Maybe it was not the best set to start with but it was the cheapest.

Not so sure I am going to like these now. Just bought and built Razcal's Glider and on reflection it looks like something the cat killed and has dumped in the garden a couple of weeks ago. t is just awful, looks like a skeletal kind of zombie bird and has pretty much put me off. Maybe it was not the best set to start with but it was the cheapest.

Hmm. I've been taking second looks at each set and I started to think some of these sets are kinda poorly built.. either empty backs or big chunky parts. But I still love 'em. :grin: But I do have to agree on you with the Razcal set. I also looked at it's alt images and a few things are missing from one image, then different stuff another... oh well.

Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays! :tongue:

-Sci

I think it's supposed to look kind of unkempt and ratty-looking. Ravens have a reputation for uncleanliness as scavengers, though it's probably not entirely deserved. They are also associated with death. So I imagine the grim, skeletal aesthetic is deliberate, whereas the eagle vehicles are intended to look more regal and majestic.

All those wings are still nice to have and so is the minifigure.

If you hadn't yet noticed, the Chima Teaser site updated with this very nice image and a video of Worriz, however if you haven't seen the video of Worriz, you can watch it in 1080p:

EDIT: Okay so I don't know how to embed a YouTube video here. :/

. Edited by Meiko

If you watch the video preview for the show on page 49 of this topic, in the scene where the King Lion is walking toward a pool, in the pack of Lions around him, there is a Lion in a dress.

Looks like Crominus isn't the only leader with a Queen

There's no reason to assume they're females in the blue robes. They may well be but men also wear ceremonial robes. Just look at priests and druids etc. It may be that the lions in blue robes are the tribe elders or have some fancy title like 'Keepers of the Chi'. They all seem to have grey manes and grey muzzles so unless all lionesses have grey manes I'm going with the elders theory.

There's no reason to assume they're females in the blue robes. They may well be but men also wear ceremonial robes. Just look at priests and druids etc. It may be that the lions in blue robes are the tribe elders or have some fancy title like 'Keepers of the Chi'. They all seem to have grey manes and grey muzzles so unless all lionesses have grey manes I'm going with the elders theory.

True. I suppose thats also a possibility with Ewald

Also in that image, you will notice that both Leonidas and Lennox stand out among what appears to be a Longtooth army... I guess they will get spotlighted unlike most of the "below Generals" in the armies used in Ninjago.

True. I suppose thats also a possibility with Ewald...

I don't think so; her dress looks much more regal (the other one looked like it could have been a pesant's!) plus on the instruction scan from Brickset she was the head of the eagles:

8297218426_eaba179651.jpg

Legends Of Chima minifigs by hmillington, on Flickr

Edit: A couple funny things; Only Laval, of the lions, has a Chi or even Chi-holder, while every since one of the eagles has a Chi-Holder (obvously because otherwise they wouldn't be able to have wings), and all but the Queen have Chi inside. For comparison, here is the "evil" side:

8297216860_906e69d088.jpg

Legends Of Chima minifigs by hmillington, on Flickr

Apparently each tribe will ultimately have five members at least; though it strikes me that Wolves might not make it there if they don't have a King (of course they could have a king. But not necessarially).

Edited by Kai NRG

I think we can safely assume Ewald is a dude because Ewald is a male name in real life. Sure, it could be used for a female character, but that'd make about as much sense as if Lennox or Leonidas were female characters.

That, and that type of sleeveless robe seems kind of popular among certain Chima citizens (aristocrats? Priests?). So the "It's a dress! FEMALE!" argument can be put to rest.

And his head does have some blue after all.

Totally unrelated, but since we're missing a fifth Raven I'd like to see a female one in Summer.

True. I suppose thats also a possibility with Ewald

Also in that image, you will notice that both Leonidas and Lennox stand out among what appears to be a Longtooth army... I guess they will get spotlighted unlike most of the "below Generals" in the armies used in Ninjago.

I think it's actually an army of Leonidas' (look at the strap across the chest.)

So many video reviews with not so good filming...

I finally got some money for Christmas, so I'll probably buy Chima the first chance I get (and I'll post which stores have best stock/prices).

Edited by Meiko

So the actual game with the little speedorz, how does it go? Much against my better judgement I picked one up on 24/12, have made all the bits, read the instructions but was left thinking I had not idea what I was supposed to do. How do you determine who has won?

I assume that you are are supposed to launch the Speedorz off the green ramps with the mini-figs holding on to one of the weapons. I am guessing that the general Idea is to get them to knock down the palm leaf tower radar type tree and release the ball? The one that does that first wins the turn.

Then that winning player turns over one of his cards and chooses one of the four numbers listed. (I presume you chose the highest one with the blue lightening going to it?)

The other player then turns over one of their cards and whoever has the highest power for the one chosen by the first player wins, getting two crystals. However to count as higher the opposing player has to also have the power connect by a blue energy lightening thingy. If it is not then the default winner is the person who knocked over the palm tree in the first place?

So anyone got anything to add or is that pretty much how it goes? The instructions are a bit vague, at least to an adult?

The hard to find sets are not just available at Lego: Razar's Chi Raider available in argos, Eagle's castle available in toys r us. Today I picked up Eris' Eagle Interceptor and Lennox' Lion Attack. Reviews coming very soon. Also my auntie dropped off Razcal's Glider today as well.

I went out looking for Ninjago sets today at TRU. After striking out there, I stopped into Walmart and found half the Lego section full of Chima sets. I picked up Razcal's Glider ($11.97) and Eris' Eagle Interceptor ($34.97) They had a pretty good selection of sets. I think there were 7 different ones. No sign of the Ultra striker or I would have bought that for sure.