Sign in to follow this  
Duke of wellington

The Sun / News of the World Promotion

How does the promotion work? Is there a limit? Please elaborate

Edit by Rufus:

From Brickset:

Apparently it will run between 6th and 13th October and will include the following sets:

30211 Uruk Hai

30201 Ghost

30008 Snowman

30151 Mining Dozer

30190 Ferrari 150 Italia

30009 Christmas Tree

30132 Jack Sparrow

30100 Beach

UK only, usually.

Edited by Rufus

I believe it is one polybag per person, no matter how many newspapers you buy. Although some different WH Smiths might have a different limit.

You buy the newspaper and you get a free polybag. Its generally only one polybag per purchase regardless of how many newspapers you buy, although it can depend on what store and which sales assistant you get. I've heard of some people walking away with several. Be sure to get there early in the morning though, these tend to be snapped up quickly and for an army builder you bet these will be sought after!

You buy the newspaper and you get a free polybag. Its generally only one polybag per purchase regardless of how many newspapers you buy, although it can depend on what store and which sales assistant you get. I've heard of some people walking away with several. Be sure to get there early in the morning though, these tend to be snapped up quickly and for an army builder you bet these will be sought after!

What is this deal? I haven't heard of it and can't find the post describing it here. I live in the US, will it be available here, as well?

What is this deal? I haven't heard of it and can't find the post describing it here. I live in the US, will it be available here, as well?

No the Sun deal is only available in the UK but the polybag can be bought in Toys R Us I believe.

No the Sun deal is only available in the UK but the polybag can be bought in Toys R Us I believe.

TRU has Frodo's cooking corner - I'm guessing Target will have the Uruk-hai.

So basically You buy 1 paper then go to another shop and another paper.

If you have seen the Uruk army builder topic you really do not need to make them different. Just have a pike group and some other smaller groups.

Any bits of info would be great.

I haven't encountered a limit on any previous UK newspaper promotion. Every time there's been a Lego offer, you get one polybag for each copy of the paper. That has been my experience from at least 4 WHSmiths in London. I got loads of Batmans and Ninjago ninjas that way. I would be surprised if this promotion were any different. I intend to build a decent sized Uruk-Hai army thanks to the Sun. :classic:

Edited by AmperZand

As a general rule in WH Smith I find that you can purchase one actual paper but pay for however many you want just scanning the barcode over and over again, then take that number of LEGO polybags. You do not actually have to take all those newspapers, but you do have to pay for them.

I've also never been limited. May need to get a buttload of Uruk-hai and ghosts.

Even though my LotR target is Moria orcs, not Uruk-hai.

Are the bags in the paper next to it or what I need to give very specific instructions to my relative.

I haven't encountered a limit on any previous UK newspaper promotion. Every time there's been a Lego offer, you get one polybag for each copy of the paper. That has been my experience from at least 4 WHSmiths in London. I got loads of Batmans and Ninjago ninjas that way. I would be surprised if this promotion were any different. I intend to build a decent sized Uruk-Hai army thanks to the Sun. :classic:

Which stores I am hoping to get 20-40 Uruks

Edited by Duke of wellington

Are the bags in the paper next to it or what I need to give very specific instructions to my relative.

Which stores I am hoping to get 20-40 Uruks

Just buy the paper(s) and make sure you ask for the Lego toy when you pay, sometimes they forget ( they're in a box behind the counter, the assistant gives it to you). Sometimes I've been back the next day and bought loads of polybags that they didn't get. (a lot of builders where I live who buy the sun, but don't want the lego haha), but this is hit and miss. Make sure you're there real early.

Edited by thecolossus

So basically you but them and then just ask for the polybags?

Just buy the paper(s) and make sure you ask for the Lego toy when you pay, sometimes they forget ( they're in a box behind the counter, the assistant gives it to you). Sometimes I've been back the next day and bought loads of polybags that they didn't get. (a lot of builders where I live who buy the sun, but don't want the lego haha), but this is hit and miss. Make sure you're there real early.

It seems so. Why do you keep asking? :wacko:

I seem to remember (vaguely - I didn't end up getting any) last time they did this that only WH Smiths and Toys R Us actually stocked the toys themselves, so if you buy your copy from anywhere else you then need to take the paper down to WHS or TRU to actually get your hands on them.

Is this correct?

I seem to remember (vaguely - I didn't end up getting any) last time they did this that only WH Smiths and Toys R Us actually stocked the toys themselves, so if you buy your copy from anywhere else you then need to take the paper down to WHS or TRU to actually get your hands on them.

Yes, it is correct. You can only pick up your sets from the listed stores.

Both 30008 & 30009 were part of the Daily Mirror Lego giveaway back in 2010 :thumbdown:

Would've hoped for the other Friends polybags instead of these

so anyone have the "hook up" if you get my vernacular on getting a bunch of these? I would be happy about getting about 4 of these guys.

I'm still not sure that list is completely true. After all why would they give out old polybags after all the Avengers and Star Wars ones along with the two LOTR ones left. Plus the Ferari and Shell polybags are exculsive world wide to just Shell petrol stations so why would The Sun get them?

I will be getting all the polybags in large numbers and selling them worldwide if that helps. I did this with the last lot of promos so i have some good feedback.

Sign in to follow this