BearHeart

New 2007 Castle Theme!!

i totally agree with you.

storylines limit the imagination!

i hate storylines! even for exo-force!

i mean what dont you get?

the bad guys.....the good guys....play on!

i think story lines are great... visually implied stories are what made the LEGO themes of the 90's great... you could take on look at any of the WW set and get a sense of the story at hand (maybe with the exception of 6709 which had a very weak story).

this castle theme implies that same visually story telling... you don't need to read anything, because basic themes from classic or popular literature are explored. i think that is part of the charm to this theme.

however, the more i look at it, the less i like it... it seems i might be the only one though.

- BrickMiner

Just thought of this...what if this year they made....a Castle chess? They made it with KK in 2005 and with Vikings in 2006 (I still haven't that set!) , so why not with this awesome line?

Shakar

That brings up an interesting question:

Does anyone know how well the Chess sets sold? Either the KKII Chess set sold so well that they decided to make the Viking one, or it sold so poorly they decided to give it one more chance. So did the Viking one sell well? I'd assume that would dictate whether or not we'd see another set.

Since I don't like the new skellies though, I'd be willing to buy a set, and trade them for the human figs though :-) I just hope these knights have horses...

That is a pretty cool idea. The only reason I didn't get a Vikings one was cuz I thought they were too expensive.
I guess it would cost 50 Euro, like the other two Chess sets.

Shakar

That brings up an interesting question:

Does anyone know how well the Chess sets sold? Either the KKII Chess set sold so well that they decided to make the Viking one, or it sold so poorly they decided to give it one more chance. So did the Viking one sell well? I'd assume that would dictate whether or not we'd see another set.

Since I don't like the new skellies though, I'd be willing to buy a set, and trade them for the human figs though :-) I just hope these knights have horses...

I don't know how well they sold, but they seemed to be available for only a short time, which implies that they sold well. Though it could be because there were only a short supply of them.

If they did come out with a new castle chess, I'd want to trade the skeletons also.

Just thought of this...what if this year they made....a Castle chess? They made it with KK in 2005 and with Vikings in 2006 (I still haven't that set!) , so why not with this awesome line?

Shakar

I don't know- they have done it for 2 years now- don't know about you, but 2 years is long enough and time for a change. Anyway, that's how they become collectables. :-)

A larger image of the 2007 Castle poster was posted over on classic-castle.com a while ago. In the background not only is a ship visible, but there also seems to be another faction to the left of the ship which almost looks like vikings...

The trolls are also clearly visible...

LINK

Would be nice, especially since I see a dragon flying in the background (brickbuilt), but so much has changed since those prelims that I doubt even the trolls will still be used, let alone another faction :-/

I very much doubt we will see those trolls in any sets. From the various toy fairs, it doesn't look like those trolls are part of the line. I suspect that they are much like the Viking beards and other elements that simply don't make it into production. Remember, those photos are preliminary. The castle and minifigs have gone through a number of changes since that photo was first leaked. It stands to reason that those guys were simply an idea scrapped during development.

Heck, given the fact that LEGO has already produced a troll body for Harry Potter, I can't see them making another one.

Not sure if somebody saw these, but here are the Toy Fair Castle pics. Nothing new, although there are a few pics of the individual sets.

Shakar

Yes, thanks Sam

At this point, I'll be getting all of them! Where are the ogres?!

Thanks Sam! Looks like these are the final designs. If so, I'm very happy. The Skeleton's prison carriage is AWESOME. It comes with 5, count them, 5 minifigs: one black skeleton, two white ones, a human knight and a human soldier, then there are three skeleton horses: if you count them as minifigs, you'll have a total of EIGHT minifigs. For a 20$ set, this is incredibile. At last, we have the confirmation that the joust human knight has the pointed visor we all love. In the same set the skeleton knight has black Euro armour with a new print. Finally, I'm very happy to announce that the dark wizard has two interesting pieces: a black cape with collar and a NEW black wizard/ witch hat with a belt and a skull printed on it! Awesome...

Shakar

How did I completely miss that new pictures were posted when I posted earlier? Anyway, thanks for the pics as always, Sam. My one question is that now it looks as if the chrome gold euroarmor of the king has a print...and I wonder if it can be removed without damaging the chrome? I'm afraid that it can't :-/

I really don't think that's chrome, compare it to the chrome gold sword he's holding. I guess it's just the regular pearl gold, like some of last years' minifigs (including the king from the King's Castle). So, if you used brasso, it wouldn't be damaged.

Shakar

great finall look!

i am SO happy with the result!

even thought i am more into city i will be getting that great carriage!!

cant wait!

hope that i will have enough money to get the castle at some point but 2007 is already getting so ecxpensive!

I really don't think that's chrome, compare it to the chrome gold sword he's holding. I guess it's just the regular pearl gold, like some of last years' minifigs (including the king from the King's Castle). So, if you used brasso, it wouldn't be damaged.

Shakar

I was hoping it was just an awkward picture...it used to be chrome gold in the prelims... :'-( Another good idea tossed aside. Come on, Lego. ONE chrome gold euroarmor in the most expensive set wasn't too much to ask for!

Wow, looks like I'll be getting everything up to Skeleton Tower. I like the look of that new magic piece, though there are only 5 new faces for sure-and two of them are black and white skellies. Ah well...

Everything seems to be in order. I slightly prefer the older "box images" because the colors were a bit more muted. The brightness of the new colors is almost too much for my eyes.