Sign in to follow this  
h-7

SDCC Lego Bizarro face print issue?

So I bit the bullet and bought a SDCC Bizarro on ebay. I paid 132.50....way more then I wanted but I really wanted the mini figure. The seller had 2 of the Bizarro's and only took a picture of one and used the same picture for both auctions.

Well the picture posted to the auction Bizarro looks fine...however thats not what I received.

This is the sellers picture.

11.jpg

The problem is with the face printing. There is a spot missing under the right eyebrow and on the lower right side of the mouth.

10.jpg

The defects are not present in the sellers picture which is why I actually bid on it. I am trying to work it out with the seller. The seller is offering a discount, unfortunately I have no clue how much of a discount is fair. Any suggestions? It kinda bugs me, especially the mouth.

Thanks.

Just responded over on brickset but I will here as well :sweet: I think you should A) ask for an absurd discount or B) get a refund and go bid on another one. If you remain patient you will be able to find another one at a good price!

Keep talking to the seller about refund or trade in. Either way, if it's real you can sell it for a lot money. It is real, right?

Edited by sologuy369

That's a tough one. If you felt that you paid a bit too much, then I'd ask for a refund for say 10% of the item. At the end of the day, if you're that unhappy with it and if he doesn't have an extra to trade, just resell it back on eBay. The bizarros sell around the $125-135 range, so if you paid around that, then hopefully you're not losing anything.

Sometimes on a freebie, I wouldn't expect it to be in amazing shape...it's kinda a buyer beware situation.

Hope it all works out with you! Keep us posted!

Edited by Gooker1

If the seller doesn't budge, call Lego and show them this picture. Maybe they have extra heads and will send you one.

Edited by prateek

This is a real Bizarro. I only paid 132.50 so kinda average price. The seller while not overly difficult to deal with just does not want to come down much. I called Lego and was told since this was not mass produced. There are no replacement parts for it. So thats out. Its either keep or send it back and try again. I am kinda leaning to sending it back and try again. I like the angry face more then the sad face and the missing tooth kinda bugs me. Especially since the pictured item was perfect looking.

Good job, TLG... :sarcasm: I think this shows the problems with the quality control. With this being a very limited edition figure, I think it wouldn't have been so hard to manually check that there are no printing errors. If they're going to make it an exclusive, then at least have them be in perfect condition.

If I were you, I would just send it back, get your refund, and then try again. I know I wouldn't want a damaged face on such an exclusive figure that I would have paid a small fortune for.

I'd definitely go for the refund, and try again from a different seller. Do it before the previous seller refuses to give your money back! If he's disagreeable...just show him all the replies on this thread. :wink:

Honestly just keep it if it's real the flaws are not completely obvious. From a distance it looks fine.

Honestly just keep it if it's real the flaws are not completely obvious. From a distance it looks fine.

The one he has is not the same as in the full pic,that's why it looks better.

Good job, TLG... :sarcasm: I think this shows the problems with the quality control. With this being a very limited edition figure, I think it wouldn't have been so hard to manually check that there are no printing errors. If they're going to make it an exclusive, then at least have them be in perfect condition.

And how do you know it came that way from TLG? The seller may have scraped the face...

How noticeable is it really? Without the ultra zoom and red circles pointing it out. The eyebrow part doesn't seem too noticeable. That is some crappy luck, however. I don't know what I'd do, honestly. You may not be able to get another one for that price, or less. I'd probably just keep it.

You paid 135 USD for a single LEGO minifig? :look:

And how do you know it came that way from TLG? The seller may have scraped the face...

And how do you know the seller may have scraped the face?

-Omi

Bizarro is the one figure of the four that I would have splurged on, so I don't blame you for buying it. However, you should get what you paid for, and since the pic didn't show the damage I would return it and get a different one.

If the seller won't give you a refund, just start a PayPal claim on it. You'll of course have to send it back, but in the meantime you can get your money and find a new copy.

And how do you know the seller may have scraped the face?

-Omi

Never said he did. I was simply responding to the sarcastic "good job TLG" comment. :tongue:

Never said he did. I was simply responding to the sarcastic "good job TLG" comment. :tongue:

Well the ink Lego uses hasn't been at its finest these past years, probably due to the fact these figs are being made overseas. So I'm not surprised at all that the face is like that.

-Omi

This is really unfortunate you should email the pic to Lego and see what they respond with and if that doesn't work then get a refund. I was looking at get Phoinix or Black suited Spider-man but I'm a bit hesitant now.

Don't see any picture on the first post... could you re-upload it ?

The pics are still in the first post...maybe there's a problem with your computer? :shrug_confused:

I certainly hope you have a ridiculous amount of disposable income. I think we all probably push our budgets to maintain our lego addictions, but $130 for a single minifigure? I'd return it for a refund and buy a trainset or two full series of minifigs.

But if you definitely want the fig, I wouldn't hesitate to fight for a refund and buy from another seller. You paid the going rate for it and you received something different from the picture. Did your auction specify that the fig was LIKE the one shown in the pic or did he pass the pic off as the exact fig?