• Poison Ivy
    • Dr. Harleen Quinzel (Harley Quinn)
    • DKR Commissioner Gordon
    • Batman with black wings
    • DKR Batman
    • DKR Bane
    • Aquaman
    • Anti-freeze Batman
  2. 2. Which Marvel fig is your favorite?

Hey guys I know we have just caught glimpse of the first handful of figs for 2013 and there seems to be a big divide on which one is the favorite. So let's discuss here which one is our favorite and why! This thread will be updated with the more figures we get!

My favorite Marvel fig has to be Venom, after Spidey who I don't really consider 2013. His look is perfectly crazy! My second place would have to be Doom.

edit: Had to cast my vote for Spidey by a technicality but still I think he is more 2012 :sweet:

For DC I would say Scarecrow. His new face gives me the creeps!

Which minifigures are your favorite?

Edited by Spider-Man

Poll added. I separated the DC and Marvel. So you can vote for one of each.

Wasn't until I did that I realized how many fewer Marvel there were. Lego must be keeping more of the Marvel ones a secret for now.

My favorite has to be the civilianized Harley Quinn. Just the little touches of her "uniform" beneath her medical coat complete the fig just perfectly.

A near runner up is Nova. A figure I never would have expected to see in a production set, really well done. It they had given him a spiky shoulder piece for his "Nova Prime" version he would have won. :wub:

Number three would be Red Robin. Just for the "damn I never expected that fig" factor. With Venom and Dr. doom rounding out my list of favorites.

As nicely done as the Bane figure seems to be. I just can't bring myself to care. The character his been jump the shark awful both in his initial comic appearance (Nightfall) and in his previous movie appearance. I don't care how good the Dark Knight rises is. It probably will not be enough to redeem that character for me.

Thanks CorneliusMurock! I agree. TLG must have something up their sleeve for Marvel. They have maybe 3 sets with all of those figs.

You had to make me choose didn't you.....Aquaman and Nick Fury, but TDKR Batman and Bane would come second and third in DC. Second and third for Marvel....Doom and Spiderman.....forth....J.J.Jamerson - Parker's boss - he's never happy "Parker !" :laugh:

I voted for TDKR Bane and Venom. I love the printing on both of them. If I had to pick a favourite of the two, it'd be Bane. Hands down.

I had to say Aquaman for DC, with Anti Freeze Batman, Gordon, and Scarecrow following closely behind. For Marvel, it was a tie between Doom and Fury. Both are equally important for me to have, and both are pretty great figs. Being a huge Avengers fan, though, I had to go with Fury, followed closely by Doom, then Venom and Nova.

It was a hard pick for me between Harleen Quinzel and Ice Suit Batman since both look terrific and were nice surprises, but in the end I went for the latter since he will look great next to all the other Batsuits!

As for Marvel, even though I'm happy to finally get Nick Fury, I had to pick Venom since he looks so awesome!

I went with Ice Batman and Venom. Both are just sooo nice. If these year's sets are any indication, I can't wait for next year!

Venom and Scarecrow! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I will be very happy to get a hold of that Venom minifig. Yesterday I thought the only way would be to pay the ridiculous ebay costs for a Comic Con exclusive, only to be relieved it was a black Spidey instead (My son still really wants a Green Lantern one though :angry:)

The detail on all the minifigs though is amazing.

Thanks CorneliusMurock! I agree. TLG must have something up their sleeve for Marvel. They have maybe 3 sets with all of those figs.

Aquaman because he's a new lego hero. And venom!!

And what other conventions are there that might have this news?

Edited by sologuy369

Thrilled about them all, but for the sake of the poll I chose Venom and Mr Freeze. Venom is a huge favorite of mine, and Mr Freeze looks incredible. Looking forward to adding ALL of these minifigs to my collection in 2013.

Venom and Scarecrow! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I will be very happy to get a hold of that Venom minifig. Yesterday I thought the only way would be to pay the ridiculous ebay costs for a Comic Con exclusive, only to be relieved it was a black Spidey instead (My son still really wants a Green Lantern one though :angry:)

The detail on all the minifigs though is amazing.

I would say maybe NYCC since New York is such an iconic city for Superheroes :thumbup:

I had to say Bane and Fury. I love the Nolan films, and Bane just looks so epic! The only fig I could say would be better would be a TDK Joker. And I picked Fury cause then the Avengers, to me, will be complete.

I went with Ice Batman and Beetle, I don't know much about Beetle, but he looks really cool :sweet:

Chose Freeze and Doom :thumbup:

The printings are superb! Anti-Freeze Batman, Beetle and Nova are beautiful as well.

Wish we could get a peak at those Iron Man 3 sets, all the armors are amazing! :grin_wub:

Victor. Von. Doom. :grin: He is awesome. Venom looks funny with black plants coming out of his back. :laugh: and yes, I know what they're supposed to be. That big booty chick on his chest made up for it. :tongue:

It would be Venom for Marvel if you couldn't tell :grin: the printing is just fantastic on him, and I love that tiny bit of the the symbiote coming out from the back to give him tentacles that he had, the only bit that made me mad(see the 2013 thread)was that there wasn't any tongue, but I've come to realize that it is impossible :hmpf_bad:

and for DC it would be TDKR Bane just because of that printing, now I cant tell if the mask printing goes around the head or if it just ends on the sides of the face, but it typical Lego to not print around the head :sceptic:.Either way I'm very pleased with all the minifigs that next year has for us.

Im thinking that anti freeze batman and Mister freeze will come in an impulse set together

That would be BRILLIANT!

I'm not a huge Marvel man, but Venom was probably the one out of those I wanted to see most, Doom was a close second.

As for DC, so many quality ones to pick from. The sheer shock of actually getting Dark Knight Rises style Bane makes me stoked for him, plus he looks awesome, and Gordon is done so well that they are two obvious choices. And Anti-Freeze/Ice/White/Artic Batman is going to be a cool figure to have just for the unique colouring of it. But the new Scarecrow captures his creepy persona so well, and was the villain I most wanted to see, so I had to pick Crane :cry_happy: Only an Arkham City style Riddler might have been able to beat him