CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I am not loving the new Superman sets, but at the same time I'm not really into Superman usually. I realize they are the main characters, but to get 3 sets with 2 of the same characters in each one, doesn't make me want to get all 3 sets. I agree with many others that I will probably pass one the cheapest and the most expensive and get this since it has pretty much everything you need. I realize there are other people in the large set, but for the price I can't imagine it being that much better.

Thanks for the pictures otherwise.

It's true.. with nothing to offer but an average looking car and an odd tower thing, the smallest set really isn't worth it - especially in Australia and other high price countries.

The new sets are now all available on s@h in Switzerland, Germany and Austria, including the Iron Man 3 and even the Man of Steel sets... :sweet:

so the only sets we are getting for summer 2013 are the superman sets.

It appears that way. Overall this is quite a disappointing turn out compared to last year's sets. I'm not sure why the builds are so atrocious this year. Personally, I think the main problem is the lack of flagship sets. Instead of doing the "Black Zero Escape" set, it would have been much cooler to see a 80-100$ Black Zero model! Iron Man 3 would have benefited with a more expensive Malibu Mansion (even though the one that we got is great for the price).

I hope this problem is fixed for next year's waves of sets.

Is the MoS Superman and Zod the same as in the cheaper set?, if so I'll get this. Obviously, Zod has his armour in this one.

Edited by RaincloudDustbin

Is the MoS Superman and Zod the same as in the cheaper set?, if so I'll get this. Obviously, Zod has his armour in this one.

The printing is the same, the difference is that zod has his armour and a cape in black zero escape so there's no point of getting the Metropolis set.

It has a HUGE possibility of being a Bluray promo for Iron Man 3! Nice thinking!

I certainly hope not as bilbo was an american exclusive! It wouldn't be fair to just release a character as sought after as the iron patriot with a special edition blu ray that is just released to the US. Us over in the uk and every other country missed out on that exclusive and if the same was done with Iron Patriot that would be intolerable as he is a pivotal character to the iron man 3 collection. Nice thought though as long as it is an international thing as well as the U.S! I wouldn't be suprised if he was released at some point in some way shape or form. It would be a shame if he wasn't.

It wouldn't be fair to just release a character as sought after as the iron patriot with a special edition blu ray that is just released to the US.

Well, releasing him to American stores only would kind of fit, wouldn't it? All things considered, though, I think it'd be likely that armor would be an exclusive of some sort (maybe a Marvel Superheroes Visual Dictionary?).

I certainly hope not as bilbo was an american exclusive! It wouldn't be fair to just release a character as sought after as the iron patriot with a special edition blu ray that is just released to the US. Us over in the uk and every other country missed out on that exclusive and if the same was done with Iron Patriot that would be intolerable as he is a pivotal character to the iron man 3 collection. Nice thought though as long as it is an international thing as well as the U.S! I wouldn't be suprised if he was released at some point in some way shape or form. It would be a shame if he wasn't.

Each country/region/whatever has their certain promotions that others won't. The Olympic GB CM figs weren't released in the US or anywhere else cept the UK, and that's not fair for Olympic fans over here that collect that stuff and have to get them imported.

-Omi

Each country/region/whatever has their certain promotions that others won't. The Olympic GB CM figs weren't released in the US or anywhere else cept the UK, and that's not fair for Olympic fans over here that collect that stuff and have to get them imported.

-Omi

Yes but that's because the Olympics were held in the UK. It's not like iron man 3 is only shown in the US, but that would suck if IP was like the blu-ray Bilbo.

Edited by Jackattack7

-Omi

Good point but those were team GB minifigures so lego made the decision that they would be more suited to specifically a british audience. Iron man however is a superhero who has worldwide acclaim and is not specific to just one country so it would be wiser to release and iron man exclusive or even bilbo who is also well known and of british origin, orldwide not just the United states. I was just making a point that it seems the US get better and more exclusives than other countries and that it would be better if the patriot was a worldwide thing.

Sorry if there are some mistakes in the text my keyboard is going haywire i'm gonna have to get it fixed.....

Yes but that's because the Olympics were held in the UK. It's not like iron man 3 is only shown in the US, but that would suck if IP was like the blu-ray Bilbo.

Exactly my point!

Am I the only one who likes Superman's sets? Metropolis Showdown is a must, being one of the best $12 sets, as well as coming with two cool figures. Black Zero Escape and the largest one are not as good (Hardy's truck), but I will probably still get them.

A Marvel Dictionary probably will not be coming for a while, due to lack of stuff to put in it. Batman ran for 4 years before getting a dictionary, so IP might be a CC figure. :sad:

Anyone else want Injustice sets? :drool:

Edited by Devorath

(...). Personally, I think the main problem is the lack of flagship sets. Instead of doing the "Black Zero Escape" set, it would have been much cooler to see a 80-100$ Black Zero model! Iron Man 3 would have benefited with a more expensive Malibu Mansion (even though the one that we got is great for the price).

I hope this problem is fixed for next year's waves of sets.

I certainly hope the "problem" doesn't get "fixed". I couldn't be more chuffed that there are no sets over 60 euros (not counting DTC Arkham Asylum). While I'm a fan of LEGO, I don't have endless stacks of cash laying about. I personally think it'd be fantastic if TLG stops producing those huge expensive sets altogether. The way it is this year, I can happily buy, for instance, three Ninja Turtles sets and get the four different Turtles with a lot of bad guys for a reasonable 'grand total' of 100 euros. As opposed to, say, collecting the full Fellowship of the Ring, which would cost me 15 + 30 + 60 + 80 = 185 euros.

As for the Man of Steel sets: maybe a bit more variety between the three would've been better, but oh well. Three villains, Supes and Lois (and a random heck-no-I'm-not-a-realistic-military-man figure) is a pretty good selection, I guess. A Clark Kent would've been nice, but then, he's covered with the DC Super Heroes DVD minifigure.

Iron Man 3 seems to get a similar treatment, which works well, I think. And that line has a better minifig selection, so 'yay' all around, for me anyway.

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

Am I the only one who likes Superman's sets? Metropolis Showdown is a must, being one of the best $12 sets, as well as coming with two cool figures. Black Zero Escape and the largest one are not as good (Hardy's truck), but I will probably still get them.

A Marvel Dictionary probably will not be coming for a while, due to lack of stuff to put in it. Batman ran for 4 years before getting a dictionary, so IP might be a CC figure. :sad:

No you aren't the only one, I will try to get Metropolis Showdown and Black Zero Escape, the largest one (the name escapes me) I may pick up during the mid-year toy sales.

Also Injustice sets would be fantastic but kinda unlikely. If they were to be made, then that would give hope of Cyborg or Solomon Grundy figures!

As for the Man of Steel sets: maybe a bit more variety between the three would've been better, but oh well. Three villains, Supes and Lois (and a random heck-no-I'm-not-a-realistic-military-man figure) is a pretty good selection, I guess. A Clark Kent would've been nice, but then, he's covered with the DC Super Heroes DVD minifigure.

Iron Man 3 seems to get a similar treatment, which works well, I think. And that line has a better minifig selection, so 'yay' all around, for me anyway.

I just find that the sets 10-30$ have over-simplified builds and that is my main problem I guess. There are exceptions, but the Man of Steel sets don't appear to be part of them.

I could be wrong, I mean I don't have them yet.

{snip}

I really like the Smallville set. The Metropolis set is okay but I don't really want another plain car like that.

Would benice to have the JL characters, but I don't really like the Injustice styles of characters.

I think Marvel will get a dictionary quite soon, they have plenty of characters from Spiderman to Marvel Super Heroes.

If only TLG made an exception for Injustice :grin: We would've gotten a hulk-sized Doomsday! :wub:

That's flawed logic, the Olympics weren't only shown in the UK and yet they got the minifigures. So it wouldn't be a surprise for Lego to give America the most American themed figure as an exclusive just like they did with the UK.

I certainly hope the "problem" doesn't get "fixed". I couldn't be more chuffed that there are no sets over 60 euros (not counting DTC Arkham Asylum). While I'm a fan of LEGO, I don't have endless stacks of cash laying about. I personally think it'd be fantastic if TLG stops producing those huge expensive sets altogether. The way it is this year, I can happily buy, for instance, three Ninja Turtles sets and get the four different Turtles with a lot of bad guys for a reasonable 'grand total' of 100 euros. As opposed to, say, collecting the full Fellowship of the Ring, which would cost me 15 + 30 + 60 + 80 = 185 euros.

I think it would not be wise for TLG to make decisions based on their target customers lack of funds. I want bigger sets and more sets per IP zand I have the money for them...right now. I don't know how many like me there are, but I know where there is one...

Lone Ranger is the perfect variety of sets, imo. Great prices, great toys; one can only hope the super hero themes are selling enough to warrant TLG making more sets.

Am I the only one who likes Superman's sets? Metropolis Showdown is a must, being one of the best $12 sets, as well as coming with two cool figures. Black Zero Escape and the largest one are not as good (Hardy's truck), but I will probably still get them. A Marvel Dictionary probably will not be coming for a while, due to lack of stuff to put in it. Batman ran for 4 years before getting a dictionary, so IP might be a CC figure. :sad: Anyone else want Injustice sets? :drool:

The builds are all somewhat lacking IMO because of the near city-like simplicity, combined with a look that isn´t as good as city. The car for example has a spotty paint job which is very unlikely to be like the actual car from the movie. The kryptonian ship and pod look like a kid made it with spare parts from two Star Wars sets and battlepacks it had crashed on the floor and never bothered to rebuild. But then again, from the four frames of the spaceship from the trailer it seems like it´s not more off from the real design as most Star Wars sets. But then again Black zero seems like it has the worst concept ever. Play how Superman shoots down flick-fire missiles so that Lois Lane can flee from General Zod! I didn´t see the movie but I am certain there is a scene more deserving of a set than this.

My biggest problem is the small variety of figs. You can have the whole minifig line just by buying Smallville and bricklinking/ebaying Lois (who isn´t even that necessary seeing how she doesn´t have the most compelling torso and is as different from Black Widows head as are Superman/Loki/Lex from each other).

Other than all the other LEGO lines it feels more like all three MOS sets are just differently sized/price range sets of each other. You are a busy mother shopping for her kid that wants something Superman-related but it´s end of the month? Take Metropolis. You are the uncle of a Superman fan and want to seem cool but don´t want to buy him those dark and edgy comics where Superman is fighting pedophile Toyman? Take Black Zero. Your kids birthday is next week and you neglected your son for the entire last year? Get him all three sets so he can let an army of Supermen fight an army of Generals and set two of the Zod figures that look suspiciously like you with a magnifying glass on fire.

I am buying Smallville for the fig range, the cool looking jeep and maybe I don´t even have to mod the ship too much to make it look like in the movie. Maybe I am also getting Black Zero escape for part salvage (the concept is stupid but the parts are all very usefull, especially Supermans hair and Zods armor) but I guess probably not when it stays at 27 bucks.

I certainly hope the "problem" doesn't get "fixed". I couldn't be more chuffed that there are no sets over 60 euros (not counting DTC Arkham Asylum). While I'm a fan of LEGO, I don't have endless stacks of cash laying about. I personally think it'd be fantastic if TLG stops producing those huge expensive sets altogether. The way it is this year, I can happily buy, for instance, three Ninja Turtles sets and get the four different Turtles with a lot of bad guys for a reasonable 'grand total' of 100 euros. As opposed to, say, collecting the full Fellowship of the Ring, which would cost me 15 + 30 + 60 + 80 = 185 euros. As for the Man of Steel sets: maybe a bit more variety between the three would've been better, but oh well. Three villains, Supes and Lois (and a random heck-no-I'm-not-a-realistic-military-man figure) is a pretty good selection, I guess. A Clark Kent would've been nice, but then, he's covered with the DC Super Heroes DVD minifigure. Iron Man 3 seems to get a similar treatment, which works well, I think. And that line has a better minifig selection, so 'yay' all around, for me anyway.

The fig selection for MOS is awful. I don´t think (or at least hope) that Superman punching the terrible trio in the face and a General sitting in his jeep aren´t the only things happening in the film. It is obviously not an action film, so if you shy away from SWAT troops (which makes no sense looking at 60009 Helicopter arrest and 60008 Museum Break-In) and regular soldiers (Toy Story battlepack, yes they are toy soldiers but it only needs different heads and hands) look at the supporting cast and do something from there. Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe are Supermans biological and adoptive fathers. WHERE IS MY RUSSEL CROWE FIG? He probably doesn´t anything else than voiceovers, flashbacks with exploding Krypton and maybe a near-death dream from Superman but god, there are more useless figs out there and Crowe at least has some badass body armor in a different color to oppose Zod. And Perry White is played by Morpheus. LEGO is sparse with it´s afro-americans they should take every chance they get to make some more diverse heads.

I get your problem but higher priced sets mean a bigger profit for the seller and looking at MOS it would be hard to get anyone in LEGO form who isn´t a main character or soldier. A mix of both would be great but the main problem with the superhero sets is that there are too few different sets for too many different projects anyway.

That's flawed logic, the Olympics weren't only shown in the UK and yet they got the minifigures. So it wouldn't be a surprise for Lego to give America the most American themed figure as an exclusive just like they did with the UK.

Oh please god no. I am from Germany, have not a single tie to America and still like Captain America and the Iron Patriot the most from all the Superhero sets. Making nationalistic sets and figs only available for their own nation is racist thinking.

I think it would not be wise for TLG to make decisions based on their target customers lack of funds. I want bigger sets and more sets per IP zand I have the money for them...right now. I don't know how many like me there are, but I know where there is one... Lone Ranger is the perfect variety of sets, imo. Great prices, great toys; one can only hope the super hero themes are selling enough to warrant TLG making more sets.

Exactly. Lone Ranger is probably the best example of true and good diversity between the sets. You can get the heroes and mooks cheap, the bigger sets include enough side characters to make it not seem like non-Ranger and Tonto figs are a rarity and the sets have all very different designs and concepts to set them apart and have something for everybody.

Superheroes has to take some cues from Ranger.

Oh please god no. I am from Germany, have not a single tie to America and still like Captain America and the Iron Patriot the most from all the Superhero sets. Making nationalistic sets and figs only available for their own nation is racist thinking.

Then tell Lego that, they're the ones who pick and choose where the exclusives are released. I would have loved to get the Olympics figures. And it's not exactly racist, Lego probably just wants to release things in the markets where it has the greatest appeal. But hey, they might surprise us and release it worldwide, perhaps the Hobbit figure was a fluke and not an accurate guide to judge where a potential Iron Patriot figure will appear.

In all fairness, if an European retailer wanted to inlcude the blue coated Bilbo as an exclusive with the Blueray Hobbit movie, TLG would have done so.

It does not strike me a racist to market different product to different countries. It can be a bit narrow minded. I would love to get the Chinese New Year red dragon Creator set for this year. It was only available in Asia. Yes, the biggest demand is in that country but there would be some demand in the U.S. and Europe.

I do not know much anticipated demand does there need to be for LEGO to make a full set available in a country / region. For promotional items such as Iron Patriot (possibly) and blue jacked Bilbo, they need a partner for it. The exclusive Elrond was available in Europe but in a different promotion than in the U.S.

It was a mistake to make the Great Briton Olympic team only available in the U.K. unless there made other national teams for other countries. And it would be a mistake to release Iron Patriot only in the U.S. The Avengers are the biggest thing in Hollywood right now and Iron Man was the biggest thing in the Avengers.