CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Maybe we could get a small set with Catwoman, the Batpod and a couple of mercenaries and/or cops?

That would be awesome! :drool:

Please Lego please ? :wub:

Maybe we could get a small set with Catwoman, the Batpod and a couple of mercenaries and/or cops?

Catwoman and Batpod,with Officer Blake as a $11.99 set.(Remember Lego loosely bases sets on movies)

Catwoman and Batpod,with Officer Blake as a $11.99 set.(Remember Lego loosely bases sets on movies)

That would be a good set.

That would be a good set.

Seems highly likely, but then unlikely that Lego would make this set...unless its a store exclusive that wasn't in the catalog.

Seems highly likely, but then unlikely that Lego would make this set...unless its a store exclusive that wasn't in the catalog.

Or it could be part of the summer wave.

Or it could be part of the summer wave.

Doesn't it already seem a bit strange that we are getting the sole TDKR set about six months after the movie, but another one a whole year later? :sceptic: I'm thinking that the Summer wave will be entirely dedicated to Iron-Man 3 and Man of Steel.

Edited by Superficial Username

I'm excited for all the sets! I want them all. I think DC and Marvel will each have a store exclusive.

DC: Arkham Asylum (obviously)

Marvel: Another Spidey set with Sandman or an X-Men!

I'm excited for all the sets! I want them all. I think DC and Marvel will each have a store exclusive.

DC: Arkham Asylum (obviously)

Marvel: Another Spidey set with Sandman or an X-Men!

Hopefully X-Men. With a Jean Grey minifigure. :wub:

was the Tumbler larger than this one? Link I really hope not, but you did mention it being around the same size as the 2008 Tumbler. :sceptic:

TLG has always prioritized build stability over aesthetic accuracy, so the upcoming TDKR camo-Tumbler would most likely be of the same size as the 2008 version (plus it makes sense to have both Tumbler versions compatible in size). As much as other fan-made MOCs look much better most of them employ unstable 'illegal' building techniques that are not used in regular sets. The same goes for a potential Batpod, it would probably would be similar to the one in Joker's Funhouse or the Batcave.

I have doubt in my mind but maybe the Arkham Asylum set could have a batpod? Maybe. Probably not but you never know?

Edited by Wall E2624

Doesn't it already seem a bit strange that we are getting the sole TDKR set about six months after the movie, but another one a whole year later? :sceptic: I'm thinking that the Summer wave will be entirely dedicated to Iron-Man 3 and Man of Steel.

I think that there maybe three waves this year. Surely Lego wouldn't be able to release sets based on 2 competing films at the same time. Im also guessing that both movie will get two sets at the most.

I have a gut feeling that we'd only get one TDKR set (sadly), as it seems TLG put almost all the interesting material of the movie in that single set = Camo-Tumbler, The Bat, and all the major characters except for Catwoman, who may just end up as an exclusive fig somewhere along the line. As you said the timing is questionable for another TDKR set a year after the movie's run, and I don't see anymore interesting set ideas coming from the movie (except for the aforementioned Catwoman in a Batpod). Optimistically, there is a slight possibility that it would be a 'surprise' set.

I have a gut feeling that we'd only get one TDKR set (sadly), as it seems TLG put almost all the interesting material of the movie in that single set = Camo-Tumbler, The Bat, and all the major characters except for Catwoman, who may just end up as an exclusive fig somewhere along the line. As you said the timing is questionable for another TDKR set a year after the movie's run, and I don't see anymore interesting set ideas coming from the movie (except for the aforementioned Catwoman in a Batpod). Optimistically, there is a slight possibility that it would be a 'surprise' set.

Agree,there may be only one TDKR set.I don't think we can get Catwoman,just like we never get a Joker in TDK.

I don't think we'll get a bat-pod with Catwoman as there is nothing for the bad guys to have (they wouldn't make 2 identical tumblers), this means there is little playability which is key.

I'm looking forward to TDKR set, the only thing I'm worried about is TLG will likely put in the tumbler with the anti-air missile battery. This means fans of flick-fire missiles need not worry :P

I don't think we'll get a bat-pod with Catwoman as there is nothing for the bad guys to have (they wouldn't make 2 identical tumblers), this means there is little playability which is key.

Well, they could have the truck with the bomb, but yeah, I don't see it happening either.

Thanks for posting all the info Hulk Smash! Definitely much appreciated! Sounds like the Batman based sets were pretty spot on to most people's guesses.

The Spiderman stuff sounds cool, but I wanted a bit more variety. But that will have to wait for the next waves.

Next up photos!!

Thanks for the info Hulk_Smash, I'm sorry if this has been asked but were there any MARVEL sets besides Ultimate Spideman's?

All of the Marvel sets he described were based off of Ultimate Spider-Man. :sweet:

Well I got an e-mail response and it is just plain wierd. Well here you go anyway:

Thanks for getting in touch with us with your great idea.

You are obviously passionate about our products for a long time. It means so much to us that you would take the time to write to us today. It is builders like you who make us love our jobs, and inspire us to create new products that will keep pace with your imagination. That is so great that Super Heroesâ„¢ is your favorite theme.

I think your Iron Man 3 would make a brilliant LEGO® set, but for legal reasons we can't use it! I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause you. We have a team of experts in Denmark whose job it is to dream up new LEGO sets, themes and toys. They tell me it actually takes years to plan everything. They need to test all the new ideas, talk to the factory about how to make them, work out what sort of box is needed and then deliver the new sets to all the shops in 130 countries! This means that there's a good chance they're already working on something similar to your idea.

Finally, I'd love to keep you among the first to know about our upcoming product launches, promotions including free shipping, free sets, discounts, and more. If you'd like to be kept informed, just fill out your e-mail at our subscription center below:

http://service.lego.com/en-us/subscriptions/

That was a great idea and I wish we could use it! Thank you so much for your loyalty and passion for LEGO products. It is truly appreciated. We hope you and your family will continue to create, build, and most of all, to have fun with LEGO bricks.

That makes no sense! Legal reasons are taken care of with the MARVEL lisence. I think they just don't want to reveal plans yet!But one sentence sdoes strike me "This means that there's a good chance they're already working on something similar to your idea." Subliminal message? MABEY! I am beginning to question The Bricksow's legitimacy with their statements even though I have no doubt at least one Iron Man 3 set will be made.

Well I got an e-mail response and it is just plain wierd. Well here you go anyway:

*SNIP!*

You do realize that these responses are already pre-programmed (for the most part) and are just answered by some random customer service people right?

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
No need to quote the loooong post just to say that.

That E-mail is basically a nice way of saying 'no comment'. It's most likely someone at customer services who thinks your submitting set ideas. It's probably a template where the blanks are filled in depending in the information given in your E-mail. This has happened before I think with The Dark Knight Rises. I believe that some people where asking the same question and got a similar email. Looks like with Iron Man 3 sets that we will just have to wait and see.

I think that there maybe three waves this year. Surely Lego wouldn't be able to release sets based on 2 competing films at the same time. Im also guessing that both movie will get two sets at the most.

I really don't see why they can't, but that's just me. We'll see. :classic:

It may not have been clear from my post, but I also only think there'll only be one set.

You do realize that these responses are already pre-programmed (for the most part) and are just answered by some random customer service people right?

I'm pretty sure that a less generic one will be sent out in a few days.

*SNIP!*

It seems like you gave them a few words and they put them into blanks for you. it's kind of like a recording

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Removed long quote.

I would like to know what iron man 3 set idea you had in the first place because it sounds like it was really a good one.