Hello All.

Just been getting some issues with LDD to Pov Ray tool, my rendering gets though about 30% and then stalls. Has worked before for me, have removed all software and added back on, removed any temp files that it leaves and still does it.

Any clues.

My pc has ample speed and graphics. Very high end system.

Edited by Lazarus

I am in need of someone to render a model done in LDD. I would like 5 different views at the highest resolution possible. I will pay via paypal and email the 5 files. The model is 1286 bricks. I would like this done ASAP. Please PM me with your price and a link to a render you have done before. Thanks! (I had this post in the 'Buy,Sell, Trade' Forum and it was suggested I come here.

Hello everyone!

First of all, I'd like to thank hrontos for giving us this very nice piece of software.

Then, I have a question.

I've made an all-white MOC. Now I want to render it, but it doesn't stand out against the white background. So I changed the color of the background to orange. But now, my MOC also looks kind of orange (because of the reflecting light, I guess). And that's completely not what I wanted.

So I ask you this question: how can I render a white MOC with a colored background without the color of my model being affected?

Thanks in advance!

Are you wanting to maintain the shadows on the ground plane? If not, you might try rendering with no ground plane and a transparent background, and then adding the background in an image editor.

I'm an idiot apparently...I did this and it doesn't clear the error.

Am I missing something?

; POV-Ray VERSION 3.6

;

; SAMPLE POVRAY.INI FILE

;

; The general form of the options is "Variable=value". Everything

; between the equals sign and the end of the line is considered part

; of the value. The spacing and layout is free-form but only one option

; per line is allowed. Variables and values are not case-sensitive.

;

; Note: characters after a semi-colon are treated as a comment

;

; Traditional POV-Ray switches beginning with + or - are also allowed

; and they may be given with more than one switch per line.

;

; Add your own options at the bottom and/or edit these to suit. See the

; general documentation for full instructions on how to use INI options.

;

; Width of image in pixels. Accepts integer values.

;

Width = 640

;

;

; Height of image in pixels. Accepts integer values.

;

Height = 480

;

; Sets minimum number of objects before auto bounding kicks in.

;

Bounding_Threshold = 3

;

;

; Turn display on

Display=On

;

; Turn verbose mode on

Verbose=On

;

; Library_Path="\\.\LDDIncludes"

;

You have a semicolon (;) in front of the Library_Path line. That essentially turns the line into a comment, which makes POV-Ray ignore it.

Hello all!

I have a problem,when I "convert" the model.

This bellow is the problem:"Could not find a part of the path:C:\Documents and Setting\myusername\AppData\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\db.lif"

I need some help....Thank you:)

I'm agreed the "Don't generate includes",and after this I can converted the model:)

But I have an another problem..This is:"Parse Error:Cannot open include file ldd_default_colors.inc"

Edited by fareooo

I just downloaded LDD2Povray, and when I try to make a render, I'm getting this message:

Unableldd.png

LDD is closed..? I don't know what's wrong. If someone could help, please do!

-Sci

May be a stupid question: is it possible that you did not run LDD yet?

This db.lif file is created by the LDD when it starts for the first time. And it is possible, that this file will be in a different location, since custom location can be specified in the LDD ini file.

Could you please, search for the db.lif file on the disk?

I'm agreed the "Don't generate includes",and after this I can converted the model.It's Okay (not ok-ey)?:S

But I have an another..This is:"Cannot find file 'ldd_default_colors.inc',even after trying to append file type extension"

I have the ldd2povrayconverter 32bit,and povray 3.7.RC7..:D

I'm agreed the "Don't generate includes",and after this I can converted the model.It's Okay (not ok-ey)?:S

But I have an another..This is:"Cannot find file 'ldd_default_colors.inc',even after trying to append file type extension"

I have the ldd2povrayconverter 32bit,and povray 3.7.RC7..:D

That checkbox serves mainly to allow conversion while LDD is running (since LDD is using db.lif file in exclusive mode, it cannot be read by the converter).

If you do not generate includes at least when you convert some model for the first time, POV-Ray may miss some needed include files.

You should find the file somewhere.

That checkbox serves mainly to allow conversion while LDD is running (since LDD is using db.lif file in exclusive mode, it cannot be read by the converter).

If you do not generate includes at least when you convert some model for the first time, POV-Ray may miss some needed include files.

You should find the file somewhere.

Thx,and how I can make includes?

Please, first find the db.lif on your disk using windows search function. Then setup the db.lif path in the converter according to that.

Please, first find the db.lif on your disk using windows search function. Then setup the db.lif path in the converter according to that.

I'm maked this,but POV-Ray always write this:"Possible Parse Error:Cannot find file 'C:\Program Files\LDD Tools\LDD to POV-Ray Converter\LDDIncludes\T ',even after trying to append file type extension"

Parse Error:Cannot open input file."

Edited by fareooo

Why is the POV-Ray trying to access that directory? Did you put it into some ini file? It should not be accessed directly by POV-Ray. Could you please, post your messages pane from the POV-Ray so that we will see what settings you have.

Hi Hrontos,

Your LDD to POV-Ray software is excellent, and it works beautifully! This was my first official test.

software_color_test_-_the_bronze_colossus_ii.png

The grid of cubes in the center shows all of the colors in the palette in order, except for two pink ones. The statues are metallic-gold and pearl-bronze.

software_color_test_-_large_standards.png

And this one, with the vexillum-banners, is a test of the metallic colors specifically. The two rows of hemispheres show all of the metallic and pearl-metallic tones. From left to right: the first is copper, then pearl-bronze (a.k.a. "legacy metallic sand yellow"), then pearl-iron (a.k.a. "titanium metallic"), then pearl-silver, chrome-silver, pearl-gold, and chrome-gold.

The one thing I want to do next is to make those pearlescent-metallic colors look a little bit more shiny, like they do in LDD, and like they do in real life. I see that they definitely have a little bit more reflectivity than the standard plastic colors, but I think it should be increased a bit. Is there a way to do that with custom files?

I see in the manual that you referred to custom files called "ldd_best_finishes.inc", "ldd_best_materials.inc", and "ldd_best_part_materials.inc". I ran a search for them, but I do not have them. Is there a way to get them? And will they make those pearl-metallic colors look more pearlescent or lustrous?

I'm working on a huge Ancient World project, so I want to make sure that all of the metals, especially bronze and iron, look their best!

You can see images of it in post #180 and #184 of my thread here.

Thanks! Excellent Work! :sweet:

therealindy

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

Your models look really great great. Files having names starting with ldd_best_ do not exist in real life, they were just examples of files with custom settings. You can take ldd_finishes.inc, copy it to ldd_my_finishes.inc and try to make custom settings. Metallic materials are tricky to render, they need some nice surrounding environment to reflect, so finding realistic looking definition may require a lot of work. Pearl finishes are even more complex.

If you will improve them, please, share the definition with us.

I'm working on a huge Ancient World project, so I want to make sure that all of the metals, especially bronze and iron, look their best!

For chrome, you can try to use sky shere image as environment to reflect (in Radiosity tab).

9810243083_00ae8a9612_z.jpg

cmf gold by Nachapon S., on Flickr

9813721684_d1cf6209ef_z.jpg

Lego Opera house gold, LDD file base on 10234 by pbat by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Metallic materials are tricky to render, they need some nice surrounding environment to reflect, so finding realistic looking definition may require a lot of work. Pearl finishes are even more complex.

For chrome, you can try to use sky shere image as environment to reflect (in Radiosity tab).

Wow, this is all excellent work, both of you!

And I see that bbqqq did a chrome-red Iron Man torso. How did you do that? I could probably use the same method to adjust the pearl-metals' reflectiveness upwards to be closer the chrome colors.

P.S. - They also look nice and vibrant with great contrast. Do you just edit them in PhotoShop afterwards, or do you adjust the lighting/palette beforehand in some way? What standard default settings do you usually use?

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones