Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur: Day One

You're right about baseless accusations, but I for one don't think talk about the potential for another scum faction is pointless. Actually, it's pretty useful, I think. A. It's a good discussion starter, and B. There's much to pick up from what people say about these factions (and who denies them, and who doesn't say anything about them.) Tomorrow we'll start with a lead if we discover the presence of another faction during the night, and we've already discussed that possibility. I see absolutely no harm, and allot to gain from talking about the potential for there being more than one scum team

Well, there's sure more to be gained from talking about other factions than from baseless accusations, but we don't have much to talk about. All we've got is the reminder from the Admiral that there might be other factions. People denying the possibility or focusing on that second party might be a scumtell, but even if we learn tonight about that party, our discussion today won't get us further tomorrow, since all we can do is speculate. I dont see how a second party might influence our strategy today, since we don't yet know anything about them.

I don't like how you're immediately conceding ground. :sceptic: That's a huge scumtell. And frankly, your defense looks like the kind of thing scum hastily write up on their Writeboard so they can ask their team if it's okay to post.

I agree with you there. He quickly surrenders his position and reacts overly apologetic, as if he's afraid to be under suspicion.

Agreed, Mandel seems to know so much within a short timeframe. Care to elaborate mate?

Well, all I really know is 1. Who had posted ( I made up a list) and 2. What had already been stated, and I was trying to get clarification about wether there was indeed a confirmed second faction. I fail to see how that is "knowing so much", but it seems that I was too definite in my questions, since everyone seems to think that makes me a scum. Seeing as everyone has posted now, my first idea is now completely useless, but it seems that a few of you are rather quick to bandwagon me, based off of a "suspicious" statement. Why?

Well it's been a chatty start to this day, though so far there is little I can tell from the conversations.

Except of course that our junior engineer Zachary is eager to help coordinating the night actions, that's a very generous offer! Let's hope you can prove yourself trustworthy first. :sceptic:

Yeah well that's it, nothing else seems very suspicious. Sometimes a scumtell is really just a noobtell. But there's still plenty of time for pondering which way the lynch will go tonight.

Personally... I haven't seen enough show of scumminess to make any accusations yet, so I would like respectfully ask all cultists to please start acting more scummy. Thank you! :sweet:

Agreed, Mandel seems to know so much within a short timeframe. Care to elaborate mate?

I'm not sure you understand why I'm suspicious of him. It's not that he knows much, it's that he jumps to unnatural conclusions from unrelated talk (his talk about a vig makes me wonder if he is a member of the third party trying to avoid suspicion by sounding ignorant, or a member of the Purists trying to get a reaction from the vig, and hinder our attempts to piece things together.)

Scummy? I don't think I'm acting scummy. I'm probably just over reacting too much to the Purist threat. And if I immediately concede to others' ideas, it does not mean I'm scum. I just see the better ideas of my peers, and I'm willing to go with that course of action.

No offence, but this does sound a bit like a scummy, or at least nooby attempt to avoid suspicion. :sceptic:

Personally... I haven't seen enough show of scumminess to make any accusations yet, so I would like respectfully ask all cultists to please start acting more scummy. Thank you! :sweet:

Agreed! :tongue:

(I'm out of time, I''l come back latter to add to my thoughts.)

It seems to me, if I may interject, that you folks are throwing around a lot of accusations based on what others have said, despite the fact that the shock of uncovering death may not have worn off yet.

How about we all just cool it a bit and perhaps take a more logical approach - who wants coffee....?

...Or alternatively, we could explore a bit and perhaps try to find some actual physical clues. I've a feeling that might help us figure things out more than lynching our crew mates.

Scummy? I don't think I'm acting scummy. I'm probably just over reacting too much to the Purist threat.

You're defending yourself with roleplaying? :sceptic:

Based on the fact that that was the first thing you've said all day, I'm going to assume that that was the "show up and say something useless so that I don't appear inactive" post.

It seems to me, if I may interject, that you folks are throwing around a lot of accusations based on what others have said, despite the fact that the shock of uncovering death may not have worn off yet.

How about we all just cool it a bit and perhaps take a more logical approach - who wants coffee....?

...Or alternatively, we could explore a bit and perhaps try to find some actual physical clues. I've a feeling that might help us figure things out more than lynching our crew mates.

Yeah! Let's pretend this is not a completely useless statement while we are at it :sweet:!

How is that supposed to help us at this point? (answer: it can't) This isn't a mystery game or a roleplaying game*. This looks like another post made just so that you don't appear inactive. Because I can't see any other way it could be useful to anyone.

*There I go again, acting like this is a game :wacko:

Well excuse me, I didn't quite realise how high tensions were! :look: As one of the ship's nursing staff I should probably check your blood pressure. Another time, maybe.

It seems that baseless accusations are the soup of the day, and if I'm honest judging by how hot on everybody's heels you have been I'm inclined to place my suspicions on you, McAndrews. There seems to be no logic or analysis to your lynching of the crew other than what I perceive to be a sense of paranoia. I'm not at all ready to place my vote yet, but it seems to me as if you're hiding something, perhaps..

It seems that baseless accusations are the soup of the day, and if I'm honest judging by how hot on everybody's heels you have been I'm inclined to place my suspicions on you, McAndrews. There seems to be no logic or analysis to your lynching of the crew other than what I perceive to be a sense of paranoia. I'm not at all ready to place my vote yet, but it seems to me as if you're hiding something, perhaps..

I suggest you reread the statements everyone has made during the day if you seriously believe that there is "no logic or analysis" behind my accusations.

Well excuse me, I didn't quite realise how high tensions were! :look: As one of the ship's nursing staff I should probably check your blood pressure. Another time, maybe.

Wow. Okay. Hold on. Wow. Man, Okay. Wait, Waaaaiiiiit. I am not sure if you are serious here, to be honest. I love how people are actively trying to get the spotlight off Robbins. Don't try to hide it, it's happening, I can see it. This should be good.

I was trying to back down, there is so much wrong with the statements he makes, but I did not want to give people the chance to slip through because the focus was too much on him, but it seems quite the opposite is happening now. There are people defending him, in one way or the other... Very interesting...

I suggest you reread the statements everyone has made during the day if you seriously believe that there is "no logic or analysis" behind my accusations.

Other than a couple of crew members fluffing around, no. Nobody, in my opinion, has given much away at all other than some confusion. I think it's certainly far to early to be hounding people just yet - as far as I'm aware not everybody had even arrived yet. As my superior Dr. Julius said earlier, cool heads are needed to assess this mess we find ourselves in, for with an atmosphere this heated we are far more likely to end up voting off some poor, innocent crew mate than getting it right and squashing some scum.

It seems to me that all this speculation is getting to people's heads. I strongly suggest we focus on the facts as they are presented to us for the moment. If we all keep calm and pool our knowledge we may get somewhere, as opposed to pointing fingers in people's faces.

Now if you don't mind, I've got more bed linen to wash... :hmpf_bad:

Well, I feel loved now. I'm a little confused on where people are "Defending" me... I feel more hate than protection. and if they are defending me, could it be said that these people are scum, trying to point blame on me? Now, that could expose them, or they could lie and say my babbling made sense. Just ideas, but I'm starting to get worried. Something tells me either way, by vote or murder in the night, there is a huge target being painted on my back, and I don't feel very cheery about that. :cry_sad:

Well, I feel loved now. I'm a little confused on where people are "Defending" me... I feel more hate than protection. and if they are defending me, could it be said that these people are scum, trying to point blame on me? Now, that could expose them, or they could lie and say my babbling made sense. Just ideas, but I'm starting to get worried. Something tells me either way, by vote or murder in the night, there is a huge target being painted on my back, and I don't feel very cheery about that. :cry_sad:

You did not even try to make this statement make sense.

I have to agree with that. Once more, please, Robbins?

Other than a couple of crew members fluffing around, no. Nobody, in my opinion, has given much away at all other than some confusion. I think it's certainly far to early to be hounding people just yet - as far as I'm aware not everybody had even arrived yet. As my superior Dr. Julius said earlier, cool heads are needed to assess this mess we find ourselves in, for with an atmosphere this heated we are far more likely to end up voting off some poor, innocent crew mate than getting it right and squashing some scum.

If people act scummy, I'm going to point it out. That's the only way to start getting something done. Can you even find one accusation I've made that I haven't given a good reason for?

It seems to me that all this speculation is getting to people's heads. I strongly suggest we focus on the facts as they are presented to us for the moment. If we all keep calm and pool our knowledge we may get somewhere, as opposed to pointing fingers in people's faces.

What facts? What facts do we have at this point that could help us in our lynch? None. No facts, other than what we can learn from behavior in discussion and accusation. You say that it's too early to be accusing people. How are we supposed to gain any knowledge if we just sit around? If people act scummy, we need to point it out, accuse them, and see how they respond. We want to get rid of the Scum. Ignoring scummy actions is nothing but counterproductive, and at this stage of the situation, we're in all likelihood not going to get any information from anywhere else.

It's not too early to accuse people. In fact, it's so early that the best thing to do is to accuse people.

I disagree; I think it does make sense. It's clearly an Appeal to Emotion, which, in my experience, are efforts to avoid suspicion by desperate Scum.

What I'm saying is that look at who is defending me, as others have said. My suggestion is that they could be the scum we're looking for. If they try to put an overly defensive stance on me, they can shift blame to a lynch on me. (although that could make them look like scum when everyone seems I'm innocent) My lynching would give them at least a night to go with and take down people that voted for me, possibly a person with an ability. Then, when everyone scrambles to look at who defended me, they can come across as the noble, good people that they are not. Thus, causing mass confusion and panic, and nobody who knows how to operate the Power-Ray Washer 6000.1.

I don't think that Robbins has been attacked much at all, except that initial Janitor-is-a-janitor thing that was pretty much dropped right away.

Wright on the other hand seems to be getting scrutinized more all the time and I for one think we are on the right track here. Every time you say something, Wright, you just look more and more guilty. You didn't realize tensions were high? Really? How is that even possible to not notice. This is a life and death situation we have here.

I disagree; I think it does make sense. It's clearly an Appeal to Emotion, which, in my experience, are efforts to avoid suspicion by desperate Scum.

If it was, he did not do it very well, because the only emotion I got out of it was confusion and a slight sense of amusement.

If it was, he did not do it very well, because the only emotion I got out of it was confusion and a slight sense of amusement.

I failed my essay course during training. And I don't think appealing to emotion is necessarily a scum tactic. Look at our Admiral. he clearly was appealing to emotions when he informed us of what was going on ("Alright you scummy scummers straight from scummy town."). He used facts ("I've given a few of you special abilities to help you out."), but used them to help his point be gotten across. So even our Admiral is not alone in appeals.

I don't think that Robbins has been attacked much at all, except that initial Janitor-is-a-janitor thing that was pretty much dropped right away.

With all due respect, I disagree. Pretty much all of Robbins' statements have been pretty scummy, that have been brushed off by several as "Noobish", whatever that means, but there have been others that have brought it up. The Janitor thing seems kinda pointless, although his reaction was (in my eyes) pretty scummy. If you read back to what exactly he has said, I am sure you see what I mean? The only posts that does not immediatly rings all my bells was his last one, but at the same time, it's conjecture.

If there be a split between lynching Robbins or Wright, I know I will vote for Robbins.

Wright on the other hand seems to be getting scrutinized more all the time and I for one think we are on the right track here. Every time you say something, Wright, you just look more and more guilty. You didn't realize tensions were high? Really? How is that even possible to not notice. This is a life and death situation we have here.

I hardly think that encouraging people to calm down is a sign of guilt - if I were not a Loyalist, why would I be requesting that we look at facts? Surely then I would be caught out, if I were the guilty man.

Which I am most certainly not.

I'm just worried that we make a mistake - you are right, this is life and death, in which case we'd best make sure we're right in our actions, because the consequences of failure are very, very permanent.

I hardly think that encouraging people to calm down is a sign of guilt - if I were not a Loyalist, why would I be requesting that we look at facts? Surely then I would be caught out, if I were the guilty man.

Which I am most certainly not.

I'm just worried that we make a mistake - you are right, this is life and death, in which case we'd best make sure we're right in our actions, because the consequences of failure are very, very permanent.

You know, every statement you make makes me wonder if it's not a better idea to lynch you just for the sake of not having the inconvenience of having to wonder if you are kidding or not

With all due respect, I disagree. Pretty much all of Robbins' statements have been pretty scummy, that have been brushed off by several as "Noobish", whatever that means, but there have been others that have brought it up. The Janitor thing seems kinda pointless, although his reaction was (in my eyes) pretty scummy. If you read back to what exactly he has said, I am sure you see what I mean? The only posts that does not immediatly rings all my bells was his last one, but at the same time, it's conjecture.

If there be a split between lynching Robbins or Wright, I know I will vote for Robbins.

Yeah, this "noobish" thing has me confused as well. And well, glad to know I have one enemy. For you sir, I still have not seen true evidence that points to you being scum, just conjecture as well. Be happy to know that when voting comes, right now you don't have my vote. I'm leaning more towards Wright, listening to what everyone is saying, but even then I'm not sure.