Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

@SlayerClass: Everyone needs a Wolverine on their side to kick mega-blocks! I like the insane damage as is. Instead of nerfing the damage calculations you could have the slayer weakened for 1-3 rounds after using SHIELD or stunned for a round or have the class immune to status effects (positive and/or negative) all together.

I sure this was discussed, but I'll ask anyways. Say I wanted to become a Cannoneer, I could not use my bow as a weapon correct?

I sure this was discussed, but I'll ask anyways. Say I wanted to become a Cannoneer, I could not use my bow as a weapon correct?

No, it says you can only use Handcannons. But your bow is nothing special anyway. No offense. :grin:

No, it says you can only use Handcannons. But your bow is nothing special anyway. No offense. :grin:

Alright and I know, I need all those gems, it's time to upgrade that WP...

And how did I know you'd answer? :tongue:

Alright and I know, I need all those gems, it's time to upgrade that WP...

And how did I know you'd answer? :tongue:

Heck, a handcannon doesn't even need to be special, you just need a ton of bombs. :laugh:

And...probably because I have too much of an obsession with classes. :tongue:

Heck, a handcannon doesn't even need to be special, you just need a ton of bombs. :laugh:

And...probably because I have too much of an obsession with classes. :tongue:

Yeah I suppose you're right, but it was my example. :tongue:

I've noticed. :grin:

Heretic -These former clerics have turned their back on conventional methods of healing.

* Additional Health: +12

* Additional Ether: +4

* Weapons: Hammers, maces, shields

* Job Trait(s): Spread Heal - The heretic’s attacks return a portion of the damage inflicted as health restored to party member most in need.

Selfless - The heretic is unable to restore health to himself.

Some Trait - Does something.

* Battle Style: Some Style - Heretics gives up the ability to heal comrades directly to focus on damage output.

1. SHIELD:
Random Name
- The heretic begins to chant dealing damage to all enemies in an amount equal to weapon power multiplied by three added to level added to the combined levels of the enemies currently standing. All party members are healed in an amount equal to the damage done divided by fifteen rounded down (e.g. WP 20 x 3 + Lvl 30 + Lvl 4 Enemy + Lvl 34 enemy + Lvl 45 enemy + Lvl 17 enemy= 190 damage to all enemies, 190/15~=12 health to party members).

2. CRITICAL HIT/GREATER REANIMATE: The heretic hits target with strength in the amount of weapon power multiplied by three added to level. Attack restores health to the player with the least amount of health in an amount equal to the strength of the attack divided by fifteen rounded down (e.g. WP 20 x 3 + 30= 90 damage, 90/15=6 health restored to comrade). Additionally, the heretic may choose to partially revive a fallen comrade with health in an amount equal to the heretic’s power at the cost of 3 ether. Player is revived at half current level for the rest of the battle. Reanimated player can not receive experience but can be fully restored by normal revival methods (e.g. Phoenix essence, Roots of Life, Revival). Player returns to normal with one health at the end of the battle if not revived.

3. HIT/REANIMATE: The heretic hits target with strength in the amount of weapon power added to level. Attack restores health to the player with the least amount of health in an amount equal to the strength of the attack divided by fifteen rounded down(e.g. WP 20 + 30= 50 damage, 50/15~=3 health restored to comrade). Additionally, the heretic may choose to partially revive a fallen comrade with health in an amount equal to the heretic’s level at the cost of 3 ether. Player is revived at half current level for the rest of the battle. Reanimated player can not receive experience but can be fully restored by normal revival methods (e.g. Phoenix essence, Roots of Life, Revival). Player returns to normal with one health at the end of the battle if not revived.

4. REGENERATE/LESSER REANIMATE: The heretic recovers X health. Additionally, the heretic may choose to partially revive a fallen comrade with health in an amount equal to the heretic’s weapon power at the cost of 3 ether. Player is revived at half current level for the rest of the battle. Reanimated player can not receive experience but can be fully restored by normal revival methods (e.g. Phoenix essence, Roots of Life, Revival). Player returns to normal with one health at the end of the battle if not revived.

5. DAMAGE/NO REANIMATE: The heretic is struck by his target’s damage. Additionally an attempt at reanimating fails.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE/NO REANIMATE: The heretic is struck by his opponent’s special skill. Additionally an attempt at reanimating fails.

Yeah...another one. :blush:

Trapper

These crafty woodsman snare their opponents in many different traps.

Additional Health: +8

Weapons: Trappers use fleet or sturdy weapons like bows, crossbows, throwing weapons, daggers, staves, and whips.

Job Traits: Flee: See Rogue, Track Down: See Assassin/Hunter, Scavenging: Trappers may gather materials from the environment around them to whip up traps outside of battle with ease.

Battle Style: Immobilizing: Trappers manage to trip up their opponents at every turn.

1. SHIELD: Mercutio's Snare: The Trapper takes their turn to craft a truly deadly trap. 3 random negative effects are chosen for the Snare. For the Snare to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Snare's effects for the next 3 rounds. Any new random effects in the Snare can now be set as basic traps.

2. CRITICAL HIT/SET GREATER TRAP: If attacking, the Trapper deals damage equal to their level plus twice their WP. If trapping, the Trapper lays the intended Trap. For the Trap to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Trap's effect for the duration of the battle, along with the same amount of damage as the Trapper’s attack. (Level 30 + WP: 15 x 2 = 60 damage to opponent, or, sets a trap dealing an effect for the duration of the battle and 60 damage.)

3. HIT/SET TRAP: If attacking, the Trapper deals damage equal to their level plus their WP. If trapping, the Trapper lays the intended Trap. For the Trap to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Trap's effect for the next 3 rounds, along with the same amount of damage as the Trapper’s attack. (Level 30 + WP: 15 = 45 damage to opponent, or, sets a trap dealing an effect for 3 rounds and 45 damage.)

4. HIDE/SET LESSER TRAP: If attacking, the Trapper hides for the remainder of the round, avoiding any action that may come their way. If trapping, the Trapper lays the intended Trap. For the Trap to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Trap's effect for the next round.

5. DAMAGE/TRAP BACKFIRE: If attacking, the target attacks the Trapper. If setting a Trap, the Trapper is dealt with the intended Trap's effect for the next round.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE/SERIOUS TRAP BACKFIRE: If attacking, the Trapper is hit with the opponent's special skill. If setting a Trap, the Trapper is dealt with the intended Trap's effect for 3 rounds or until remedied.

With the obtainable traps being Blinding, Sealing, Confusing, Badly Poisoning, Sleeping, Afraid...ing, Weakening, Fragile...ing, and Slowing.

The Trapper must keep note of their available Traps' effects in their stats, like Summons. More Traps become available as they are random received via rolling Shields, but new Trap effects are not guaranteed, the random effects could just as well be ones that the Trapper already has available.

Tried to differentiate it from Minstrel as much as I could. My goal was make to a status-effect dealing class, like an inverse to Minstrel, which is based on buffing allies. It looks complicated, but if traps are recorded in battle, again, like an Evoker's Summons...

(Trappers)'s Blinding Trap

Type: Blinding

Damage: 45

Duration: 3 rounds

….Until triggered, then I don't think it'd be too hard to keep track of. Thoughts?

Yeah...another one. :blush:

Trapper

These crafty woodsman snare their opponents in many different traps.

Additional Health: +8

Weapons: Trappers use fleet or sturdy weapons like bows, crossbows, throwing weapons, daggers, staves, and whips.

Job Traits: Flee: See Rogue, Track Down: See Assassin/Hunter, Scavenging: Trappers may gather materials from the environment around them to whip up traps outside of battle with ease.

Battle Style: Immobilizing: Trappers manage to trip up their opponents at every turn.

1. SHIELD: Mercutio's Snare: The Trapper takes their turn to craft a truly deadly trap. 3 random negative effects are chosen for the Snare. For the Snare to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Snare's effects for the next 3 rounds. Any new random effects in the Snare can now be set as basic traps.

2. CRITICAL HIT/SET GREATER TRAP: If attacking, the Trapper deals damage equal to their level plus twice their WP. If trapping, the Trapper lays the intended Trap. For the Trap to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Trap's effect for the duration of the battle, along with the same amount of damage as the Trapper’s attack. (Level 30 + WP: 15 x 2 = 60 damage to opponent, or, sets a trap dealing an effect for the duration of the battle and 60 damage.)

3. HIT/SET TRAP: If attacking, the Trapper deals damage equal to their level plus their WP. If trapping, the Trapper lays the intended Trap. For the Trap to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Trap's effect for the next 3 rounds, along with the same amount of damage as the Trapper’s attack. (Level 30 + WP: 15 = 45 damage to opponent, or, sets a trap dealing an effect for 3 rounds and 45 damage.)

4. HIDE/SET LESSER TRAP: If attacking, the Trapper hides for the remainder of the round, avoiding any action that may come their way. If trapping, the Trapper lays the intended Trap. For the Trap to activate, it must be placed in the battle order and receive a free hit, resulting in the enemy being dealt the Trap's effect for the next round.

5. DAMAGE/TRAP BACKFIRE: If attacking, the target attacks the Trapper. If setting a Trap, the Trapper is dealt with the intended Trap's effect for the next round.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE/SERIOUS TRAP BACKFIRE: If attacking, the Trapper is hit with the opponent's special skill. If setting a Trap, the Trapper is dealt with the intended Trap's effect for 3 rounds or until remedied.

With the obtainable traps being Blinding, Sealing, Confusing, Badly Poisoning, Sleeping, Afraid...ing, Weakening, Fragile...ing, and Slowing.

The Trapper must keep note of their available Traps' effects in their stats, like Summons. More Traps become available as they are random received via rolling Shields, but new Trap effects are not guaranteed, the random effects could just as well be ones that the Trapper already has available.

Tried to differentiate it from Minstrel as much as I could. My goal was make to a status-effect dealing class, like an inverse to Minstrel, which is based on buffing allies. It looks complicated, but if traps are recorded in battle, again, like an Evoker's Summons...

(Trappers)'s Blinding Trap

Type: Blinding

Damage: 45

Duration: 3 rounds

….Until triggered, then I don't think it'd be too hard to keep track of. Thoughts?

I like it, though again this reminds me of the Illusionist, a negative status effecting class. :laugh: Which reminds me that I need to start updating them... Anyways, I think the flavor of the class is really good though and can definitely see some of the PC's going in for that kind of role.

I like it, though again this reminds me of the Illusionist, a negative status effecting class. :laugh: Which reminds me that I need to start updating them... Anyways, I think the flavor of the class is really good though and can definitely see some of the PC's going in for that kind of role.

:tongue: Well, I was going for a less magic way to fill the role - I did leave out most of the magic-related negative effects. I'm really curious to see what you change about your classes.

Well since this one seemed to be the most popular, I went ahead and updated it first.

Changes Include:

• "Coup de grace" switched to "Unencumbered"
  • Great Elite Hit/Elite Hit have been altered to allow for a bigger bonus from Gold
  • Taunt has been clarified
  • Counter removed to ensure class is not too overpowered

Marked effect: Once an enemy is Marked by a player, they will only damage that player, even when targeted by other players.

7998961984_1d5f0cd260_b.jpg

Edited by Waterbrick Down

I like it. The changes are both fitting and beneficial. :thumbup: You might need to spellcheck it a bit, though. :tongue:

I might rename "Fight to the death", perhaps "Marked for death"? The current wording makes it sound like the Swashbuckler and their target would be locked in a duel until one of them dies, when really the target just takes big damage and is set up for even worse damage.

I might rename "Fight to the death", perhaps "Marked for death"? The current wording makes it sound like the Swashbuckler and their target would be locked in a duel until one of them dies, when really the target just takes big damage and is set up for even worse damage.

I think it should be named "Favoring the Marked". Just to make it that much more confusing. :grin:

I like it. The changes are both fitting and beneficial. :thumbup: You might need to spellcheck it a bit, though. :tongue:

It's 2am here, I'm tired. :tongue:

I agree, it still didn't sit well with me either. I've edited it above so let me know what you think. As to the set up damage, keep in mind that while other Party members may safely target a Marked enemy, they risk causing damage to the Swashbuckler, sort of like a Warden's shield roll but without the benefit of increased health.

So wait we can make a class?

Yes, but unless you're a QM, it won't get considered, because for players to actually use the class they have to go on 2 quests with the faction it's tied to.

Number two of four. The Illusionist has gone through quite a few changes, but still remains a support role that also has effective combat abilities.

• Health and Ether bonuses changed to reflect supportive role
  • Weapon selection expanded to include broomsticks
  • Shield roll improved upon
  • Hit and Critical hit now have a chance of confusing the target
  • Figment Spell mechanic simplified, similar to Minstrel but with more focus on inflicting negative effects.

8002201980_6869d8fa7c_b.jpg

8002200810_13e0b5b3ba_b.jpg

Juggernaut

These hulking tanks hold rein over the battlefield.

Additional health: +13

Weapons: Juggernauts can use Axes, Halberds, Great Swords, Long Swords, Spears, and Shields.

Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Track Down: see Hunter. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut can evaluate the battlefield, stunning him for that round but also gets either Encouraged, Hastened, or Lucky. The Juggernaut will have to specify which effect they want if they decide to evaluate.

Battle Style: Crushing: The Juggernaut seeks to plow through it's foes, but will also protect it's allies when the need arises.

1. Shield: Stand your Ground: The Juggernaut goes into a sentinel position, defending the entire party from physical harm next round. While in this stance, the Juggernaut is also Counterstriking.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak next round.

3. Hit The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)

4. Brief Moment of Respite: Unable to effectively strike their foe, the Juggernaut instead takes a brief respite, restoring health equal to their level divided by 3, rounded up.

5. Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the enemy's attack. the power of their shield weakens the blow. (60 damage - 20 SP = 40 damage)

6. Special Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the opponent's special attack.

The Juggernaut is currently in it's early stages. i wanted to keep it relatively simple.

Thoughts? :sweet:

Thoughts? :sweet:

I like the idea, but I have some criticism, yes. Track Down: I don't see how it fits with the class, per se? Combat Evaluation is REALLY powerful. It's basically a free in-battle consumable. :sceptic: I would change it.

The Shield is a good idea, but perhaps slightly unimpressive, how about counterstriking any enemy that would have done damage (to anyone that round)? I think that would make it a bit more interesting, perhaps?

I don't like the miss roll, it's very unimpressive, a level 30 Juggernaut would only gain 10 Health, that is not very good, really... Perhaps something that increases his defense or offense for the next round would be better, just throwing ideas around.

For the rest it's cool, I hope you keep working on it. :thumbup:

Edited by Scubacarrot

I like the idea, but I have some criticism, yes. Track Down: I don't see how it fits with the class, per se? Combat Evaluation is REALLY powerful. It's basically a free in-battle consumable. :sceptic: I would change it.

The Shield is a good idea, but perhaps slightly unimpressive, how about counterstriking any enemy that would have done damage (to anyone that round)? I think that would make it a bit more interesting, perhaps?

I don't like the miss roll, it's very unimpressive, a level 30 Juggernaut would only gain 10 Health, that is not very good, really... Perhaps something that increases his defense or offense for the next round would be better, just throwing ideas around.

For the rest it's cool, I hope you keep working on it. :thumbup:

You'd only get the effect for 1 round (forgot to specify it) so you essentially slow yourself for positive effects.

That's... how the shield was meant to work, actually. :blush: He is supposed to counterstrike for everyone, gonna change it to say that.

Changed the Breif respite to half of the level instead of a third. It isn't huge, but it atleast gives a small benefit for missing.

Switched Track Down to Full Respite.

Juggernaut

These hulking tanks hold rein over the battlefield.

Additional health: +13

Weapons: Juggernauts can use Axes, Halberds, Great Swords, Long Swords, Spears, and Shields.

Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Full Respite: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut can evaluate the battlefield, stunning him for that round but also gets either Encouraged, Hastened, or Lucky next round. The Juggernaut will have to specify which effect they want if they decide to evaluate.

Battle Style: Crushing: The Juggernaut seeks to plow through it's foes, but will also protect it's allies when the need arises.

1. Shield: Stand your Ground: The Juggernaut goes into a sentinel position, defending the entire party from physical harm next round. While in this stance, the Juggernaut and everyone under his protection is Counterstriking.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak next round.

3. Hit The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)

4. Brief Moment of Respite: Unable to effectively strike their foe, the Juggernaut instead takes a brief respite, restoring health equal to their level divided by 2, rounded up.

5. Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the enemy's attack. the power of their shield weakens the blow. (60 damage - 20 SP = 40 damage)

6. Special Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the opponent's special attack.

Edited by Endgame