wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Same here! No Goblin King or Barrel Escape. The prices were normal though. This was at the Walmart in Boca Raton, Florida.

What sucks is that from watching these videos, I thought I'd call Walmart in our town (on a Black Friday, not the best idea, to start), and asked if they had the Hobbit sets...the lady looked and said yes, whole shelf of them. I asked. Then, I ran over to Walmart, and low and behold...nada. The lady probably got Lord of the Rings and Hobbit screwed up. If only I could find out if they had them early here and where...I guess I can just wait until next Tuesday. :sceptic:

Edited by ZCerberus
removed video from quote. Stop quoting media in replies.

Yeah that happens, I went to Toys R Us and they even had LOTR sets like Mines of Moria and Weathertop listed as Hobbit on the labels on the shelf but no actual Hobbit sets. The prices were well marked up like 99.99 for Mines of Moria when I paid like 60 about three months ago at Walmart online. Anyway I asked about Mirkwood Elf Guard polybag and Hobbit sets. They were confused and finally admitted no Hobbit sets. One employee said they had some stuff in the back but then the manager wouldn't check the back and they dont scan inventory until they unload the truck. I will try again after work tomorrow. I just hope the EBay scalpers dont swipe all the Polybags when they do arrive at the store.

I,m waiting for Fred Meyer to restock, because I,ve got a rain check for $89.99 Goblin King Battle with 25% off.

Thanks.

The quiver. Had to put it on an old torso piece to keep it steady and do it really slowly making cuts into the quiver then slowly chiselling it out.

Would you mind showing a pic of the quiver all carved up?

Slightly off topic..but might be of interest to others in the USA....I picked up lego LOTR for the Xbox360 yesterday at GameStop for just $30. Seemed like a good deal for a brand new game...

This is a photo of Character Pack 3. Any one else got this? It says it's a PS3 exclusive on the box, do other systems have exclusive characters?

Bought from Game UK, with the Elrond pre-order.

20121124152829.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo!

This is a photo of Character Pack 3. Any one else got this? It says it's a PS3 exclusive on the box, do other systems have exclusive characters?

I doubt other consoles have exclusive characthers, Sony proapbly payed them for soemthing ps3 exclusive.

Is it only those 2 caracthers?

Slightly off topic..but might be of interest to others in the USA....I picked up lego LOTR for the Xbox360 yesterday at GameStop for just $30. Seemed like a good deal for a brand new game...

Well the lego games normal price is ususaly 40 at launch.

Edited by deskp

Nothing at Walmart here in Minocqua, WI. I was expecting at least one 2013 set, but they really had nothing. :cry_sad:

EDIT: Going back today to see if they reshelved anything (highly doubt it). Will report if anything good appears.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Nothing at Walmart here in Minocqua, WI. I was expecting at least one 2013 set, but they really had nothing. :cry_sad:

-Sci

Welcome to my world. Guess I have to wait for Tuesday.

Bought from Game UK, with the Elrond pre-order.

20121124152829.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo!

Hm. Not how I imagined Barrow-Wights at all, but Faramir looks very nice- Especially that armour piece!

Edited by ZCerberus
Of you are only discussing the photo, you don't need the stuff I crossed out. Come on people!

So, I just visited our Lego store and got the Christmas Lego catalog, where the Hobbit sets are listed.

I really find the pricing on the EU market odd.

79000 - 105 pcs - 12,99 euro

79001 - 298 pcs - 29,99 euro

79002 - 400 pcs - 59,99 euro

79003 - 652 pcs - 79,99 euro

79004 - 334 pcs - 49,99 euro

79010 - 841 pcs - 99,99 euro

So I"ll again have to wait travelling to USA in order to buy that sets on more or less normal prices, or to wait the 20% off in TRU.

Sad, but true.....

I'd like the armor piece better on the extended scene Boromir. That would make for a nice army-builder set - Boromir with armor and the Gondor flag, three Gondorian soldiers, and a ruined piece of Osgiliath for a nice diorama.

To everyone looking for Hobbit sets at Walmart, a word of advice: Make sure you look around for them. They aren't (at least at mine) in the main LEGO aisle. Also a funny thing, when I visted another Walmart yesterday, they had a stand at least 6 aisles away from the LEGO one and one side of the stand was filled with Riddles for the Ring sets. It was 5 shelves high, 2 boxes tall, 3 boxes deep, and 6 boxes wide! That is a hell of a lot of sets.

Man, I would love for Lego to actually produce some of the playable characters from the game as actual minifigures. I'm drooling over that Gondorian armor piece on Faramir. :cry_happy:

I feel your pain. On top of the extreme price difference, limited accessibility further hurts. The recent Mirkwood Elf polybag is an example. You won't find it outside the USA, and I haven't come across any altruistic LEGO fans that want to help out just for the sake of being kind to people sharing their hobby (i.e. reselling at close to retail prices). I haven't come across other products with the kind of inflated prices as LEGO, either. For instance, there's an approximate 10 $ difference in video games, and far less in DVDs and CDs.

Anyway, here (Australia), you'd pay:

79000 - 105 pcs - 22,99 AUD

79001 - 298 pcs - 49,99 AUD

79002 - 400 pcs - 99,99 AUD

79003 - 652 pcs - 119,99 AUD

79004 - 334 pcs - N/A

79010 - 841 pcs - 149,99 AUD

Keep in mind that the Aussie dollar is currently STRONGER than the US currency. If I'd buy the Goblin King Battle and An Unexpected Gathering here, I'd pay 270 bucks. For that kind of money, I'd get nearly the complete Hobbit line in the USA. Funny enough, I'll be travelling to Europe in a few weeks and will pick up some of the sets there to SAVE money. :thumbup:

I'm drooling over that Gondorian armor piece on Faramir. :cry_happy:

I hope they'll give that armour to regular Gondorian soldiers if they'll ever be cast into plastic. It looks indefinitely better than simple torso printing!

A while ago I upload some HR pictures of all of the Hobbit sets, But for some reason Brickshelf is taking for ever to clear! :ugh:

So I will deep-link some of them here!

Sorry about the size! :drool:

e_79010_detail_3_800.jpg

c_79010_detail_1_800.jpg

f_79010_detail_4_800.jpg

I'm not sure why the folders arent clearing but the are lots more pics so I hope they will clear soon!

Enjoy :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by GRogall

A while ago I upload some HR pictures of all of the Hobbit sets, But for some reason Brickshelf is taking for ever to clear! :ugh:

Wild suggestion... stop using brickshelf and move to Flickr. Immediately available and pictures in many sizes...

I can't upload these sizes to flickr unless I pay for there stupid service!

So, I just visited our Lego store and got the Christmas Lego catalog, where the Hobbit sets are listed.

I really find the pricing on the EU market odd.

So I"ll again have to wait travelling to USA in order to buy that sets on more or less normal prices, or to wait the 20% off in TRU.

Sad, but true.....

Yeah, they usually just change the $ sign into a Euro sign. I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO wasn't making a profit in the Euro countries... and I don't feel bad for them. I do feel bad for the diehard LOTR fans if the line gets cancelled, though.

I went to a store today which honestly just got the hobbit sets. The prices weren't even in the system yet! I got Mirkwood Spiders for $20! It might have been a mistake though....

I went to a store today which honestly just got the hobbit sets. The prices weren't even in the system yet! I got Mirkwood Spiders for $20! It might have been a mistake though....

Not to be mean but how does a post like this help out the community? It doesn't even say what store??? Anyways I went to a Toys R Us in Chino Hills California and they had The Hobbit Gandalf polybags in a box up on the top shelf , it had a sticker box price off 3.99. It's just another Gandalf the Grey minifig + a map and a rock formation with a torch and sword I was gonna pick up three but decided against it. Who need so many Gandalfs! lol FYI the polybag number was 30123 Gandalf I think if I remeber correctly 81 pcs.

Oh they also had 79003 for 79.99 and 79002 for 59.99 but still boxed up. Again TRU overpriced!