wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Thanks for that pic collection deskp. It helps to see them cropped and all together. It might be wishful thinking, but I agree with the idea that it looks like Orcrist.

Thanks for that pic collection deskp. It helps to see them cropped and all together. It might be wishful thinking, but I agree with the idea that it looks like Orcrist.

I doubt it's wishful thinking that it's Orcrist. Besides Sting, it is the major sword of the film, since it doesn't seem Glamdring will get a new mold (although that would be nice to have all three glowing swords with unique molds).

Was anyone else sort of disappointed with Legos overall showing at SDCC? What they did show was fantastic, but they only showed 2 new sets total as far as I know (Bag end and Rancor Pit), and a handful of minifigs. It would of been nice to see at least 2-4 of the Hobbit sets which still should of only been half of the December releases for it. All well, maybe at New York Comic Con? Hopefully sooner than that though...

Was anyone else sort of disappointed with Legos overall showing at SDCC? What they did show was fantastic, but they only showed 2 new sets total as far as I know (Bag end and Rancor Pit), and a handful of minifigs. It would of been nice to see at least 2-4 of the Hobbit sets which still should of only been half of the December releases for it. All well, maybe at New York Comic Con? Hopefully sooner than that though...

Don't forget all the new Super Heroes figs!

Disapointed? Not at all! Normally we don't even get a leaked set list until late August/early September. :classic:

Last year they ONLY showed a handfull of minifigs so this year was better.

I just realized that Lego could have used this license as a chance to make new movable short legs..most of the characters, the hobbits and the dwarves all use the short immovable legs.. :look:

I just realized that Lego could have used this license as a chance to make new movable short legs..most of the characters, the hobbits and the dwarves all use the short immovable legs.. :look:

Exactly. With so many smaller minifigs required, this was a perfect opportunity

Disapointed? Not at all! Normally we don't even get a leaked set list until late August/early September. :classic:

We still don't know if that list is real or not though, do we?

They even put in a Wilhelm Scream. :thumbup:

they got a thing with clowns :wink:

We still don't know if that list is real or not though, do we?

Perosnaly l hope the list with the hobbit sets on the german site is real,since the ideas are ok and the prices are fine.l'm realy exited about the orc king set.

They even put in a Wilhelm Scream. :thumbup:

The wilhelm scream is one of the most immersion breaking thing in movies. I cringe a littl ever time I hear it.

Will they bring out a set with warg riders?

Don't think anyone rides the wargs in the first movie. so no. But the propably will be a set with wargs.

Edited by deskp

I don't think we'll be seeing any of the new sets from NYCC, LEGO never has before to my knowledge.

I've never seen so much as a mock-up of how moveable short legs would even be feasible. The implied hinge of the short legs is right at the joining point between the torso and the short legs, as opposed to the long legs, which have their own hip joint separate from the torso. And giving the short legs their own hip joint would ruin the proportions of smaller figs: they'd have torsos exactly as long as standard figs, and legs even shorter than the current short legs.

In summary, while moveable short legs may seem like an attractive option, I've seen nothing to suggest that they're even an option at all. This isn't like the poseable horse, the old version of which was far larger than a standard minifigure but had far less poseability. This is a case where you need something smaller than a minifigure (which is already one of the most intricate parts Lego produces), yet with exactly the same amount of poseability.

I don't think we'll be seeing any of the new sets from NYCC, LEGO never has before to my knowledge.

Well has they had any lisenced sets released 1st december before? Unless we get the announcments and reveals before nycc, it seems like a good oppertunity for them to show off some stuff..

Btw for what it's worth some of the action figures will be released in october.

Is there some summer toy fair? (any pre february toy fair)

I've never seen so much as a mock-up of how moveable short legs would even be feasible.

You don't frequent the Minifig Customization Workshop, do you? :tongue:

Here's one version, and here The Penguin explains how he made short posable legs. :classic:

Edited by purpleparadox

For UK (and maybe some other countries) people still waiting for LOTR Amazon.es has a few reasonable discounts at the moment. In several cases it works out cheaper than the listed Argos price by a couple of pounds and considerably cheaper if you buy several sets and combine postage. It was giving me a delivery estimate of 18th of July (a lot of the Spanish stuff is sent form the UK anyway and gets delivered fast). So yeah earlier and cheaper than Argos! I crunched some numbers and made a blog post about it here if you want more details.

Edited by Ash

For UK (and maybe some other countries) people still waiting for LOTR Amazon.es has a few reasonable discounts at the moment. In several cases it works out cheaper than the listed Argos price by a couple of pounds and considerably cheaper if you buy several sets and combine postage. It was giving me a delivery estimate of 18th of July (a lot of the Spanish stuff is sent form the UK anyway and gets delivered fast). So yeah earlier and cheaper than Argos! I crunched some numbers and made a blog post about it here if you want more details.

Yay! Thanks. :laugh: They're still overpriced compared to the American prices, but ordering now...

EDIT- Actually, no. They still cost £22 more than they should, by American pricing, and that was calculated with the Orc Forge, which I cannot get. I can't stand this ludicrous pricing! :angry:

Edited by Flobnomdob

Well has they had any lisenced sets released 1st december before? Unless we get the announcments and reveals before nycc, it seems like a good oppertunity for them to show off some stuff..

Btw for what it's worth some of the action figures will be released in october.

Is there some summer toy fair? (any pre february toy fair)

The website for New York Comic Con doesn't show Lego as one of the exhibitors. they were on the list for the one this past weekend.

I completed the siege of Helms deep game and I unlocked some of the other pictures if you complete helms deep enough times you will see Elronds picture.

Can you post a pic of it please!! :classic:

I completed the siege of Helms deep game and I unlocked some of the other pictures if you complete helms deep enough times you will see Elronds picture.

That one?

7483646592_6bf1f413a0_z.jpg

I can't get that stupid game to work, it just keeps looping through the instruction animation with the "loading" bar never going away.