wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Ok thanx, that's already better then the 12th of august! :thumbup:

But I do hope that it will be released earlier here in Belgium :laugh:

Edited by Moexy

Finally found some of the LOTR sets at Target. They also had a few of the Monster Hunters too. No money = no new lego.

Ok thanx, that's already better then the 12th of august! :thumbup:

But I do hope that it will be released earlier here in Belgium :laugh:

Actually I honestly think they will be available halfway July but only on the online Lego-shop. Belgium often releases sets very late in comparison with other EU countries.

Take a look at the Superheroes theme. They are available in Germany, the Netherlands, France and the UK but I haven't spotted a single one over here (Belgium). Ah well, if you can order it on the website, no probs for me. :thumbup:

Actually I honestly think they will be available halfway July but only on the online Lego-shop. Belgium often releases sets very late in comparison with other EU countries.

Take a look at the Superheroes theme. They are available in Germany, the Netherlands, France and the UK but I haven't spotted a single one over here (Belgium). Ah well, if you can order it on the website, no probs for me. :thumbup:

I ordered all sets, except Weathertop, on Amazon.de yesterday and they will arrive before the end of this month. They deliver throughout Europe for free.

When does the retailer catalogue pictures usualy leak for second half of year?

for LOTR we saw preliminary images in december about 6 months before they sets were released.

Should we be seeing retailer images soon seeing as its about 6 months till december?

What do you guys think? whats "nomral"

When does the retailer catalogue pictures usualy leak for second half of year?

for LOTR we saw preliminary images in december about 6 months before they sets were released.

Should we be seeing retailer images soon seeing as its about 6 months till december?

What do you guys think? whats "nomral"

I honestly think we may not see anything in the LOTR/Hobbit line till during SDCC. I know alot of other licensors have had to hold back on previewing their Hobbit material till closer to the Hobbit movie and SDCC seems like the best time to at least get prelim or teaser pics.

I am pretty sure pictures start to be released around August and September. With the next wave coming in December though I could see them coming out a little earlier, but I would think September at the latest.

Would be glorious if the first we saw of the hobbit sets were finalised sets @ SDCC, instead of half done preliminaries from a bad scanned image.

LOTR has appeared on S@H Australia, prices are:

9469 $22.99 Gandalf

9470 $39.99 Shelob

9471 $59.99 Wall

9472 $89.99 Weathertop

9473 $119.99 Moria

9474 $199.99 Helm's Deep

9476 $69.99 Orc Forge

Unfortunately saying "Out of stock, will ship in 30 days" but if you can wait 6 weeks & don't fancy your chances at the upcoming toy sales... :sceptic:

Parity with the USD, but $10-$50 more expensive per set. Lego stop ripping your loyal Australian customers off.

Take a look at the Superheroes theme. They are available in Germany, the Netherlands, France and the UK but I haven't spotted a single one over here (Belgium). Ah well, if you can order it on the website, no probs for me.

Ow ok, didn't know that, just got out of a "Dark Period" so don't know much about lego releases in actual stores. :classic:

I ordered all sets, except Weathertop, on Amazon.de yesterday and they will arrive before the end of this month. They deliver throughout Europe for free

So if it releases in Germany at Amazon on 23 june, it is possible that it will be released in the rest of Europe also (at S@H probably then)? *oh2*

So if it releases in Germany at Amazon on 23 june, it is possible that it will be released in the rest of Europe also (at S@H probably then)? *oh2*

Hmmm... Don't get your hopes up. I don't see them hit shelves in Belgium before the 1st of July. Although my opinion is also mere speculation. The best thing to do - if you really want to get an idea - is to ask a employee of Fun, Bart Smit, Dreamland or whatever Belgian Toy Store you intend to buy the sets. (Or you could just send an e-mail.) :classic:

I have gotten so sick of waiting i have just ordered Ghandalf arrives and Shelob attacks from the USA. And the best part is based on my estimates even including postage they come to less than they will be in the UK.

My estimates

Ghandalf arrives £12.00

Shelob attacks £20.00

And for mine (including post from USA) I paid $48.72 wich is equal to £31.07. £0.93 cheaper and they will arrive sooner. :classic:

Yes! Just got the Uruk-Hai Army and now I have the entire Lego Lotr Collection! Yay! who else has gotten the whole collection?

I will, when I receive the total 4 sets I ordered.

With my last order I have the complete collection. The deal I made with my wife (so we would get such a huge discount from B&N) is I have to wait until Christmas to play with open them. Only 6 months..not so long.

LOTR NZ Prices:

Gandalph Arrives : NZ 30 (24 usd)

Shelob Attacks : NZ 50 (39 usd)

Uruk - Hai Army : NZ 60 (47 usd)

Attack on Weathertop : NZ 100 (79 usd)

Mines of Moria : NZ 160 (126 usd)

the Battle of Helms Deep : NZ 250 (197 usd)

the Ork Forge : NZ 90 (71 usd)

I have a feeling that LOTR isn't going to be as popular in NZ as TLG would like it to be :hmpf_bad:

I have gotten so sick of waiting i have just ordered Ghandalf arrives and Shelob attacks from the USA. And the best part is based on my estimates even including postage they come to less than they will be in the UK.

My estimates

Ghandalf arrives £12.00

Shelob attacks £20.00

And for mine (including post from USA) I paid $48.72 wich is equal to £31.07. £0.93 cheaper and they will arrive sooner. :classic:

Which site did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

Can anybody with the Orc Forge tell me if Lurtz's head has the same print as the other Uruk-Hai? The print with the white hand on it.

Also if anybody has given him a different body or anything so he doesn't have to be naked ALL the time that would be nice to know about.

Thanks everyone :classic:

Can anybody with the Orc Forge tell me if Lurtz's head has the same print as the other Uruk-Hai? The print with the white hand on it.

Also if anybody has given him a different body or anything so he doesn't have to be naked ALL the time that would be nice to know about.

Thanks everyone :classic:

Yes it is the same print just different color. As for 2nd question you could put extra armor/helmet you get with the set on him if you really wanted or whatever else comes to your mind.

Parity with the USD, but $10-$50 more expensive per set. Lego stop ripping your loyal Australian customers off.

I got mine in a group buy for 25% off RRP. Still AUD $400 for 6 sets (excluding Orc Forge), $70-odd more expensive than the US RRPs.

At least the premium on Monster Fighters sets won't be quite so high. <rant> Ridiculous that it's significantly cheaper to import LEGO from the UK or the USA than buy it locally, even taking shipping costs into account. </rant>

Still very impressed with these LOTR sets, hope the second wave will be just as good. :classic:

I dunno, the weren't charging us double for LEGO when the aussie dollar was half the American dollar 10 years ago. It's all swings and roundabouts as they say.

Digital Instructions available on brickset

Edited by Legonardo Davidy