wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I have added official descriptions as well as the prices for the set!

Hope there are no disapointment :tongue:

Once again: Thank you!

Do you also know the prices in Euro?

Once again: Thank you!

Do you also know the prices in Euro?

Sadly no! :hmpf:

Thanks again. :thumbup:

I think these are fair prices when you look at the piece counts and the amount of figures. Now I'll just need to gather enough money.. :tongue:

Do you have any news on the 'The Orc Forge' set? Perhaps you have an idea of how much later the pics of exclusive/limited edition/etc. sets arrive?

~ General Magma

Thanks again. :thumbup:

I think these are fair prices when you look at the piece counts and the amount of figures. Now I'll just need to gather enough money.. :tongue:

Do you have any news on the 'The Orc Forge' set? Perhaps you have an idea of how much later the pics of exclusive/limited edition/etc. sets arrive?

~ General Magma

All the information that I have, I have posted. The info to 9476 The Orc Forge was not given to me yet! :pir_bawling:

Anyone who has followed this thread closely knows I agree with Fives. Give me battle packs without all of the extra stuff. I loved the castle battle packs.

I can't think of a good small model I would like to collect many of in the LOTR theme. Star Wars battle packs include small weapons and vehicles that an army would have in abundance. 10 small catapults don't really appeal to me especially since catapults realistically are not small like that anyway. Perhaps if the bricks are particularly useful it wouldn't be too bad.

As for the photos. They are fantastic. Most of the sets look similar to the earlier photos. However, it is nice to see details of inside the weathertop set. It comes with a nice selection of weapons in new colors. Gladius in two colors and the new longsword in black! The grey microfigs are fantastic parts as well. The backpack and food will be very useful. Frodo should not have sting at this pont in the story but I can forgive that...

It is unfortunate that we are not getting the new horse mold in white. Snowmane and Shadowfax really should be represented. I guess LEGO putting the white horses on the pick a brick wall was not enough to get rid of all of them yet. I suppose they will make the new mold in white when they finally get rid of all of the old ones.

Don't forget the main reason why the Star Wars battlepacks come with the small vehicles and turrets is because Hasbro won't allow them to sell the figures on their own. Lord of the Rings shouldn't have that problem.

All the information that I have, I have posted. The info to 9476 The Orc Forge was not given to me yet! :pir_bawling:

Hmm, the Orc Forge isn't an exclusive, is it? It seems to be missing everywhere*.

*I don't really remember where it's missing from, just that it's missing.

Assuming the prices translate into about 170% in Australian dollars, they're fairly reasonable.

Weathertop is a bit strange and I wonder if combining two of them would make it look any better, though that might be a bit costly.

Do 12,99 Dollars make 9,99 Euros or will they make it 12,99 Euro? Is there any experience on that?

I am thinking about buying 4 or more Gandalf carriages, for the horses, the cape and the tan and dark tan bricks mainly.

Edited by Wardancer

Do 12,99 Dollars make 9,99 Euros or will they make it 12,99 Euro? Is there any experience on that?

I'm sure it'll be the equal amount in Euro, or higher. Wouldn't surprise me if the Gandalf set will cost €14.99 either since LEGO is always much more expensive here in Europe.

Gotta say, that’s some wildly uneven pricing. The Shelob Attacks set is a wonderful bargain at $19.99 for three major character minifigures and a great-looking spider, while the Weathertop set is a whopping $60 for just over 400 pieces. The Weathertop set should’ve been a $50 set with that piece count, really, especially since two of the minifigures are “only” Ringwraiths.

Gotta say, that’s some wildly uneven pricing. The Shelob Attacks set is a wonderful bargain at $19.99 for three major character minifigures and a great-looking spider, while the Weathertop set is a whopping $60 for just over 400 pieces. The Weathertop set should’ve been a $50 set with that piece count, really, especially since two of the minifigures are “only” Ringwraiths.

I agree with you. I bet the conversion to euros will be 1:1...

I'm sure it'll be the equal amount in Euro, or higher. Wouldn't surprise me if the Gandalf set will cost €14.99 either since LEGO is always much more expensive here in Europe.

This varies between countries. I guess that the German price will be 12.99-14.99€ but we in Finland have to pay 17.99€ what seems to be traditional price for the smallest licenced sets.

I really like the desing of the Weathertop set, they captured the feel and the look of the location very well. But the price here will be around 80€ so I'll only get Gandalf'a arrival and the Moria set.

Don't forget the main reason why the Star Wars battlepacks come with the small vehicles and turrets is because Hasbro won't allow them to sell the figures on their own. Lord of the Rings shouldn't have that problem.

How do you know that?

How do you know that?

The sw deal not allowing to see figures by themselves is kindof kommon knowledge in the comunity.

The specifics of the wanky-wanky winky! deal we dont know

Pardon?

Must have been some april fools stuff going on, I never typed that.

I was just looking at the recently added review of the new Wolvarine set in Licensned themes, and notice that the Magneto face would be perfect for Saruman. And it would be funny, since Ian Mckellan played both Gandalf and Magneto in their respective trilogies. Still, for those who really with for a Saruman, get Gandalf Arrives and the Wolvarine set, and use Magneto's head and Gandalf's beard, along with other white minifig parts, and there you go! Saruman!

Well done. :thumbup:

Lord of the Rings is a very difficult theme. It was wise to start with easily caves and buildings. From my point of you are the details, playable functions and the architectural design for Balin's Tomb and Helm's Deep very good. The minifigures are looking also very well.

Any news about the next wave (winter 2012/2013)? I hope we will see Bag End and Rivendell. :blush:

...and Battle Packs for Mirkwood elves and Misty Mountain goblins. :sweet:

:laugh: I know no other theme where the potential is so big like this one.

This theme 'can' become the best LEGO theme ever!

I was just looking at the recently added review of the new Wolvarine set in Licensned themes, and notice that the Magneto face would be perfect for Saruman. And it would be funny, since Ian Mckellan played both Gandalf and Magneto in their respective trilogies. Still, for those who really with for a Saruman, get Gandalf Arrives and the Wolvarine set, and use Magneto's head and Gandalf's beard, along with other white minifig parts, and there you go! Saruman!

In theory it should be Count Dooku's head! Unfortunately it doesn't actually look anything like Lee and the beard is painted on so it doesn't really work.

I wish that Lego had decided to make an armored Aragorn for Helm's Deep. But I'm sure we'll get one for the inevitable Minas Tirith set.

I wish that Lego had decided to make an armored Aragorn for Helm's Deep. But I'm sure we'll get one for the inevitable Minas Tirith set.

Actually, Aragorn doesn't really wear armour at Helm's Deep. He just puts a chain mail shirt over his red shirt and under a dark brown leather hauberk (doubt that is what it's called). Also, when he is at Minas Tirith, he is wearing his same old ranger clothes. It is at the Black Gate and during his coronation that he is all decked out in armour (and still, they are two different suits of armour).

Edited by Fives

I know I was the last person to post here, but the talk about Aragorn's clothes got me thinking about the minifig. People seem to be a bit upset with the fact that his pants are dark tan, which seems a bit incorrect, and, overall, people seem upset with the colours LEGO used for Aragorn's clothes. But, I thought back to the POTC theme. If you watch the movies, you will notice that Gibbs wears a white shirt and a blue waistcoat/vest, similar to Jack Sparrow. But, for the minifig, the gave Gibbs a dark tan body with a dark bley vest, so as to remove confusion between the two minifigs. So, they possibly decided to give Aragorn somewhat incorrect colours for his clothes to give him a more 'good guy' look, because if he were to wear black and dark bley clothes, kids might mistake him for some sort of villain. I may be wrong, but it is just a thought...