Nuju Metru

LOTR Project: The Two Towers

Your sets are splendid. Great work!

Other than that...

Can't you use a face for Gollum?

That's the only nitpicking I can think of.

Thanks! As for Gollum's face... I was going to buy the SW Clone Wars Palpatine face, but then I got impatient, and took photos of the set without. :tongue:

You are such a great M.O.C. maker ! Good job !

I like (no, I love !) so much Edoras ! It is modular, simple but very well-designed, detailed and colourful : in a word, it is perfect !

According to my opinion, Edoras is your best L.O.T.R. M.O.C. I really want to add this one to my (future) L.O.T.R. collection.

Once again, good job !

The Fell Beast is really well done! When can we expect to see some of your sets for Return of the King?

Treebeard is exellent! I really like him! :thumbup:

Minifigs are good, I like Merry, Pippin and Sam.

Other sets are good too.

Just to say, Iv'e been following these sets since they first came out, and was inspired by how you visualized the sets already released differently. I would so much wantan Osgiliath set! It's my favourite location from the movies. My Osgiliath will be smaller than yours and I'll try my best not to copy your neat building style! :blush:

The Fell Beast is really well done! When can we expect to see some of your sets for Return of the King?

Soon, hopefully - I'm trying to find the time to photograph my first set this week. It's fully completed.

Just to say, Iv'e been following these sets since they first came out, and was inspired by how you visualized the sets already released differently. I would so much wantan Osgiliath set! It's my favourite location from the movies. My Osgiliath will be smaller than yours and I'll try my best not to copy your neat building style! :blush:

I'm glad to hear I was an inspiration for your own project! It's immensely flattering. I'm sure our Osgiliaths will be different, considering we're doing totally different scenes from that location.

Wow, really nice MOCs Nuju Metru! I could definitely see these as official sets. As others have said before me, your Treebeard is excellent! I really like the way you did his beard with those vine pieces. My other favorite is the Golden Hall. I think it captures the feel of the hall in the film perfectly. I love the brickbuilt wargs, but if TLG were to make that set, they would probably make a new mold for them. I think TLG will make a set with a Fell Beast in it down the road, but I hope it will be brickbuilt, not like the dragons from the Fantasy Castle line.

I will start with the critiques this time. Your Ruins of Osgiliath seems like a steal at 50 bucks. Your Mines of Moria set was $65 and looked to use less set pieces than Osgiliath, and the Balrog was much tinier than the Fel Beast. I could see them adding a Mordor Orc minifig and upping the price to at least $60, maybe even $70. As for your Warg Skirmish this is pretty much exactly what I had imagined. The only differences being I would love for Lego to make a Warg mold instead of using a built brick Warg, and I would much rather see it include 2 Rohan soldiers rather than Aragorn/Gimli so they could keep it a battle pack/army builder. Lego could also make it have 3 Orcs/Wargs and 3 Rohirrium/Horses and a little more scenery and increase the price to 30 bucks, since you really don't have anything in that range right now and have 2 sets at 12 dollars. Lastly I actually think your Treebeard set is a little over priced at $20. With Shelobs Attack we get a spider that looks about the same size as Treebeard, if not a little bigger, Gollum's cave entrance, and 3 minifigures rather than 2. Maybe you could include a small tree with the set to represent a Huorn, and an Orc?

Other than that I think your sets are PERFECT! I especially like Osgiliath, and of course Edoras. Everything about Edoras is amazing. The modularity, the keep, the figures... EVERYTHING! I would guess it could be anywhere from 80-100 bucks though, it seems like a steal at 70 bucks. I also really like what you did with the buildings in Osgiliath, as well as the minifigs, and of course love the Fel Beast. I think Treebeard is also exceptionally well constructed and looks great.

Probably my least favorite set is the Dead Marshes, though I still think it's nice. I only wish you would of included another set or two. I know you wanted to do Helm's Deep, but said you scrapped it because of Lego's official set. Maybe after you finish your RotK sets, you could come back and do a couple more for the previous two movies? Maybe try your hand at your own Helm's Deep like you mentioned? I would greatly like to see your rendition.

I will start with the critiques this time. Your Ruins of Osgiliath seems like a steal at 50 bucks. Your Mines of Moria set was $65 and looked to use less set pieces than Osgiliath, and the Balrog was much tinier than the Fel Beast. I could see them adding a Mordor Orc minifig and upping the price to at least $60, maybe even $70. As for your Warg Skirmish this is pretty much exactly what I had imagined. The only differences being I would love for Lego to make a Warg mold instead of using a built brick Warg, and I would much rather see it include 2 Rohan soldiers rather than Aragorn/Gimli so they could keep it a battle pack/army builder. Lego could also make it have 3 Orcs/Wargs and 3 Rohirrium/Horses and a little more scenery and increase the price to 30 bucks, since you really don't have anything in that range right now and have 2 sets at 12 dollars. Lastly I actually think your Treebeard set is a little over priced at $20. With Shelobs Attack we get a spider that looks about the same size as Treebeard, if not a little bigger, Gollum's cave entrance, and 3 minifigures rather than 2. Maybe you could include a small tree with the set to represent a Huorn, and an Orc?

Other than that I think your sets are PERFECT! I especially like Osgiliath, and of course Edoras. Everything about Edoras is amazing. The modularity, the keep, the figures... EVERYTHING! I would guess it could be anywhere from 80-100 bucks though, it seems like a steal at 70 bucks. I also really like what you did with the buildings in Osgiliath, as well as the minifigs, and of course love the Fel Beast. I think Treebeard is also exceptionally well constructed and looks great.

Probably my least favorite set is the Dead Marshes, though I still think it's nice. I only wish you would of included another set or two. I know you wanted to do Helm's Deep, but said you scrapped it because of Lego's official set. Maybe after you finish your RotK sets, you could come back and do a couple more for the previous two movies? Maybe try your hand at your own Helm's Deep like you mentioned? I would greatly like to see your rendition.

My price points, I know, are oftentimes somewhat idealistic... :tongue:

I wouldn't think they'd include just Rohirrim in the Warg set - that is, unless it was designated as the "Rohan/Isengard battle pack" - because TLG always includes a hero or two in their sets. Since this wasn't intended as a battle pack, just as a small set, I decided I'd better put in Aragorn and Gimli. And it's not a really active enough scene, or one with varied enough scenery, to justify a $30 set.

As for set range of sizes, yes, I agree that I should have perhaps made some more mid-sized sets. If Treebeard (who, for the record, is far bigger and more substantial than Shelob; I found $20 to be a realistic price) had included an orc and perhaps a few forest pieces, then his set could have justified $30 very fairly; I should've done that to make more varied price points. The fact of the matter is that I was so focused on the larger sets that most of my energies went to them. Treebeard was built in his initial form a long time earlier than the rest of the TT stuff, actually; the two small sets were the ones built closest to the publication time of my "The Two Towers."

To address your point about making more sets: originally, when I wrote up the basic ideas for my line of LOTR sets, before the official LEGO ones were announced, I did plan to make a 100-dollar Helm's Deep as part of the set of six TT sets. But, since TLG's Helm's Deep was so fantastic, I figured mine wouldn't be able to compete, and I gave up on it; Edoras became my flagship set. I couldn't think of anything really suitable to fill the void that Helm's Deep had left in the lineup, and so I only made 5 sets. There should be another line of six sets for "The Return of the King."

Perhaps, once ROTK is done, I may make supplemental sets; for now, though, I only intend to do what I've planned. Thank you for the in-depth critique!

Again more great work. The Golden Hall is marvelous. For me though the Wargs would require the full moulded and sculpted plastic treatment for realism.

Nuju, great work on all these sets. They're superb. I liked your Edoras so much I made a copy for myself. It looks even better in real life. I made an almost exact copy - just a couple of substitutions for bricks I didn't have. I also added a forth wall with some nice little stained glass windows. Would it be OK for me to post a couple of photo's of my copy-cat tribute to your Edoras in this thread?

Thanks and Best Regards

Edited by Missing Brick

Nuju, great work on all these sets. They're superb. I liked your Edoras so much I made a copy for myself. It looks even better in real life. I made an almost exact copy - just a couple of substitutions for bricks I didn't have. I also added a forth wall with some nice little stained glass windows. Would it be OK for me to post a couple of photo's of my copy-cat tribute to your Edoras in this thread?

Thanks and Best Regards

I wouldn't have a problem with you linking to the pictures here, though such a creation really belongs in its own topic if you want to publicize it.

Your MOCs look great. I like the amount of detail you put into each MOC.

Thanks for posting more detailed pictures on Flickr,

Edited by gundamz

Brilliant build Nuju Metru. I would buy this set if it would come out. The small guardhouse is awesome. I like the furniture in the hall as well. The only thing that's missing for me is the fire in the middle of the hall.

Maybe you should have the shield above the door replaced by a viking shield with print? Or did you choose this because it is the 'Golden' hall?

Edited by PassionateMOCNoob