Rufus

LEGO Team GB Minifigures Discussion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

LEGO Team GB Collectable Minifigures Confirmed!

Thanks to mrklaw for the news! I will post the whole line-up when images become available.

gallery_6705_159_28608.jpg

Whole Range

Tactical Tennis Player, Flexible Gymnast, Horseback Rider, Agile Archer, Judo Fighter

Stealth Swimmer, Relay Runner, Brawny Boxer, Wondrous Weightlifter

gallery_6705_159_3804.jpg

Archer

gallery_6705_159_110326.jpg

Boxer

gallery_6705_159_75744.jpg

Gymnast

gallery_6705_159_131850.jpg

Horse Rider

gallery_6705_159_62244.jpg

Judo Fighter

gallery_6705_159_87310.jpg

Relay Runner

gallery_6705_159_67870.jpg

Swimmer

gallery_6705_159_65279.jpg

Tennis Player

gallery_6705_159_19969.jpg

Weightlifter

Edit: According to this post, and this post, the release date for these figures will be the 1st of July.

I have seen a date of July 1 on a lego press release. Stores mentioned were Argos, Toys r Us, John Lewis, W H Smith, Smyths Toys and Lego stores, there are others but these are the ones I can remember.

In London you have 2 Lego stores both at Westfield shopping centres (the one at Stratford is only a Javelins throw from the Olympic Park). There is also a John Lewis and a WH Smith in Westfield Stratford. There is a John Lewis in Oxford Street London. Toys r Us, other John Lewis,Argos & WH Smith stores are all over the country. There is also an Official Olympic Shop in Westfield Stratford but I'm not sure if they will stock the figs. I suspect not.

Edited by Pandora
Added release date and now stores info

Thanks to Brickset member Redbullgivesuwind who emailed me the image and the image confirms there will be a UK exclusive CMF series for the Olympics featuring 9 Mini Figures:

Swimmer

Judo

Boxer

Tennis Player

Equestrian Rider

Relay Runner

Gymnast

Weight Lifter

Archer

olympicminifigs-300x218.png

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-olympic-minifigs-confirmed/

Edited by Rufus
Rearranging thread

These made me so excited until I saw "UK Exclusive". :hmpf_bad:

I'd like them, but it won't be worth the shipping costs to buy them. I hope Canada gets CMF exclusives some day.

These made me so excited until I saw "UK Exclusive". :hmpf_bad:

I'd like them, but it won't be worth the shipping costs to buy them. I hope Canada gets CMF exclusives some day.

I will be happy to get them at cost price for people, there is also a lot of Brickset members offering to do the same as well.

I will be happy to get them at cost price for people, there is also a lot of Brickset members offering to do the same as well.

Awesome! In that case, I'll probably be getting some!

They will easily be worth a small fortune in years to come. Guessing series 7 won't stay out long then. Excellent idea and good colours in new parts like Superman hair etc

Oh, now these will end up with a high price tag MISB on Bricklink after the games ? :grin:

Why UK exclusive ? Will it be only available at selected outlets ?

Ah, so many questions ? :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

I guess it is a GB exclusive because we have to put up with several major roads being closed hosting the games. I will pickup a few of these, hopefully they are at normall price

Oh, now these will end up with a high price tag MISB on Bricklink after the games ? :grin:

Why UK exclusive ? Will it be only available at selected outlets ?

Ah, so many questions ? :wink:

From what I know it be be UK wide and not just restricted to LEGO Brand stores, the news comes from a retailer who got the email, no idea why it's a UK exclusive, except we are host nation.

I did take a punt really that availability was based on being the host nation, but when are they coming out....wouldn't mind get them imported into Oz (so then I can make some custom Aussie's to compete with them :wink: ).

I did take a punt really that availability was based on being the host nation, but when are they coming out....wouldn't mind get them imported into Oz (so then I can make some custom Aussie's to compete with them :wink: ).

I can see an international LEGO Olympic contested coming soon ;)

So can anyone tell from the picture what, other than the torsos and legs, are new to this special series?

I can see blue boxing gloves and headgear, anyone see anything else that's new or recolored?

Any new heads?

I am not really that interested in any of these figs but do you think it would be worth it to buy a few and sell them on in a few years?

Awww man! UK exclusives? I guess it's understandable, but still. :angry:

I am happy for those who are interested in these while I am not.

The guy on the left might be interesting, also the black bow, but that already exists...

How come we still don't know about Series 8?

Nothing too special for me in those. But hey, if someone in the UK is willing, 2 cases this way if they're not overpriced because being olympic merchandise :)

I am happy for those who are interested in these while I am not.

The guy on the left might be interesting, also the black bow, but that already exists...

How come we still don't know about Series 8?

I guess series 8 has been locked away to create some excitement for these.

Now I'm not saying TLG wouldn't or isn't bringing out Olympic CMFs, but until there is an OFFICIAL announcement (ie not a badly worded email with grainy picture forwarded on) I remain a bit sceptical. Just a few too many things don't sit right. Or perhaps these are just prelims, as some of the design and part usage looks 'off'.

I think the bow is dark brown, not black. I imagine the gymnast and relay runner will be most popular. Do people think there'll each come with a gold medal as shown on the packet? Not sure what the white tile is that they all have apart from the gymnast?

I'm about 50:50 on whether these are real. The pic could possibly be a hastily put together for internal use at the Lego Company, but on the other hand it is also possible that this was a decently done fake put together after Brickset reported on those Olympics rumours yesterday. I'm hoping for the former, but not completely discounting the latter.

In the event that these are real, could somebody in the UK mail me a set for a fair price? Pretty please, RJH?

It's too bad that we didn't get any minifigs for the Vancouver Olympics. Would have been nice!

Wow, totally awesome! :drool:

And for me totally unexpected, I never thought about the chance of getting Olympic minifigs.

I really need to get these, one way or or another.

I'm about 50:50 on whether these are real. The pic could possibly be a hastily put together for internal use at the Lego Company, but on the other hand it is also possible that this was a decently done fake put together after Brickset reported on those Olympics rumours yesterday. I'm hoping for the former, but not completely discounting the latter.

In the event that these are real, could somebody in the UK mail me a set for a fair price? Pretty please, RJH?

It's too bad that we didn't get any minifigs for the Vancouver Olympics. Would have been nice!

I could most likely buy some and send them to fellow AFOLs of the world for a fair price. :classic: (also is that supermans hair in ginger *oh2* )

I would love this to be true but put me in the skeptical catagorey as well. The uniforms look like Bejing to me. There are no new molds just repaints. Dealing with the Olympic logos is extremely difficult and expensive for any company to get a license. I dont know if Lego would go through with it for such a limited product.

Having said that, there is recent precident with Lego giving British Airways the recent exclusive airplane set. It is concevable that the Olympic connection began in 2010 for the winter games as many of the early figs were for winter sports. Perhaps the Olympics were the intended goal but the licensing couldnt be done in time.

Play Well

UK only? Argh, looks like I'll be buying thise from a middleman. :sadnew: Still, It's worth it. Can't wait.

Edited by GeluNumber1