Sign in to follow this  
KAHUKA

A Pirate MOC from Brickfest 2006

The yellow ended up working quite well. I think the grey bands help. I agree, the height worked out really nice. When I set it on the table in my living room with a pirate display, it just looked so perfect.

The low grey building is a small tavern.

Hmm, not sure about the too new for Pirates. Pirates were active in the Carribean at least up to 1833per this timeline. And here is a lighthouse from 1792 in Virginia.

Frank

I have gone in that lighthouse once on a trip to america seing as im from Australia. :-D :-D

I have to say I've always loved that baseplate(As everyone else I think) But that is an ugly MOC, with no style simply squareness, very monotone Bley dark gray and red? Pretty eww Thats what I think sorry to whoever made this.

I was looking through my old photographs the other day and realized I had been in that lighthouse (in Virginia) myself.

Thanks for all the comments.

As to my pirate web pages, sadly, keeping up my web page was basically a full-time job. I did all that work during a period when my work responsibilities were in flux, and basically I was being paid to keep my desk and office chair from floating away. It gave me new appreciation for work, realizing how boring it is to sit all day and have to entertain oneself.

Frank

I was looking through my old photographs the other day and realized I had been in that lighthouse (in Virginia) myself.

Mr Filz this is fascinating news! Do you have any of these photographs digitized enabling you to post them in this thread? If not, do you know the name of this lighthouse so we could find actual pictures of it in Google image search or something similar?

Note that the lighthouse folks have visited is the old Cape Henry light house I posted the link to above.

There was no specific inspiration for this MOC (unlike my first light house which was based on the Cape Fear light house in Oregon).

Frank

I have to say I've always loved that baseplate(As everyone else I think) But that is an ugly MOC, with no style simply squareness, very monotone Bley dark gray and red? Pretty eww Thats what I think sorry to whoever made this.

Are you referring to the yellow lighthouse? Or the auxiliary building? Or both?

God Bless,

Nathan

Nice castle, nice island, nice light tower

Everythings nice in this moc i think except the parrots. :-D

p.s Next time you should use periods at the end of your sentences. ;-)

Edited by KAHUKA