LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

Wasn't expecting to see Talzin again so soon. Hopefully we'll get some clue about her endgame and the fate of Darth Maul, even if he himself doesn't appear in the episodes. I still really want a Talzin minifigure.

I wonder if Qui-Gon is going to be voiced by Liam Neeson again?

Bonus Content airing in Germany next month (could be the first country to get it):

Report: The Clone Wars Bonus Content to Air in Germany Starting February 15th | The Star Wars Underworld

And also titles and description for some of the upcoming episodes (for the Clone arc, the Clovis arc and confirmation that a previously-hinted at 2-part arc will feature Mace Windu/Jar-Jar Binks). Lots of dramatic stuff definitely coming based on the titles and descriptions. The Clone arc definitely is looking to be very dramatic and so are the titles for the Yoda arc:

Rumor: Titles and Description for Clone Wars 'Order 66' Arc Revealed (Updated!) | The Star Wars Underworld

More episode descriptions have been revealed:

• Episode 6×09 The Disappeared, Part 2

In order to fulfill a dark prophecy, a mysterious cult kidnapped Julia, queen of the planet Bardotta. Now Jedi Master Mace Windu and Senate representative Jar Jar Binks need to give everything in order to stop the cult. If they fail, the cult might unleash a dreadful force…

• Episode 6×10 The Lost One

Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas died under mysterious circumstances years ago. When a secret Jedi mission accidentally finds his lightsaber, Master Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker investigate Sifo-Dyas’s death again. To keep them from uncovering the Sith conspiracy, Darth Sidious orders his servant Darth Tyranus to erase all traces.

• Episode 6×11 Voices

Yoda is deeply unsettled when he hears the voice of his deceased friend Qui-Gon Jinn in his head because he knows that not even a Jedi can speak to the living from beyond the grave. The Jedi Council is concerned about Yoda’s behaviour and wants to examine him further. But with the help of Anakin, Yoda can escape from the hospital and he sets out to find the origin of the voice by himself."

Darth Maul's story-line during The Clone Wars will be tied up with a comic series:

http://clonewarspodc...w-comic-series/

I see no problem with this, I'm very much into all Star Wars media and have been dwelling more and more into their comics, great to see they'll still be around in some form of media!

More episode descriptions have been revealed:

• Episode 6×09 The Disappeared, Part 2

In order to fulfill a dark prophecy, a mysterious cult kidnapped Julia, queen of the planet Bardotta. Now Jedi Master Mace Windu and Senate representative Jar Jar Binks need to give everything in order to stop the cult. If they fail, the cult might unleash a dreadful force…

• Episode 6×10 The Lost One

Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas died under mysterious circumstances years ago. When a secret Jedi mission accidentally finds his lightsaber, Master Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker investigate Sifo-Dyas’s death again. To keep them from uncovering the Sith conspiracy, Darth Sidious orders his servant Darth Tyranus to erase all traces.

• Episode 6×11 Voices

Yoda is deeply unsettled when he hears the voice of his deceased friend Qui-Gon Jinn in his head because he knows that not even a Jedi can speak to the living from beyond the grave. The Jedi Council is concerned about Yoda’s behaviour and wants to examine him further. But with the help of Anakin, Yoda can escape from the hospital and he sets out to find the origin of the voice by himself."

Thanks for the info once again commanderneyo! These all sound great, especially the mystery behind Sifo-Dya's death. But don't force ghosts count as "speaking to the living from beyond the grave"? Would be interested to see if this arc is actually what teaches Yoda how to communicate with the dead, or am I misreading something?

But don't force ghosts count as "speaking to the living from beyond the grave"? Would be interested to see if this arc is actually what teaches Yoda how to communicate with the dead, or am I misreading something?

Didn't Qui-Gon invent or reinvent the Force ghost thing. Yoda mentions it in ROTS.

Didn't Qui-Gon invent or reinvent the Force ghost thing. Yoda mentions it in ROTS.

Story goes something along the lines of maverick Qui-Gon learnt it from some other maverick jedi (I forget who) but hadn't figured out how to "appear" before he died. So he is a force ghost in a way, and teaches Yoda & Obi-Wan how to be full-blown ghosts when they die. How Anakin becomes a ghost in ROTJ is a plot hole that is not accounted for.

Then wouldn't Yoda believing that no one can speak beyond the grave also be a plot hole? Or does he mean Jedi can't mentally communicate beyond the grave? That description really messed with my mind.

How Anakin becomes a ghost in ROTJ is a plot hole that is not accounted for.

I remember reading one of those kids novels by Ryder Windham in which Obi-Wan meets up with Anakin after the latter dies (because apparently there's some sort of 'Force limbo' state that they're in before becoming completely 'one with the Force'...this was a lot simpler before the PT came along with its attempt to explain more of the Force), and while Anakin's trying to apologize, Obi-Wan interrupts him, gives him some sort of Force Ghost Cliff Notes, and then they go and appear before Luke.

The Force was definitely cooler when it wasn't explained. Mystery is a good thing. In the OT the Force is this lovely mystical thing that the Jedi can apparently use and that the Rebel command believe in, which sets them apart from everybody else who thinks it doesn't exist. That's a nice touch.

The only way the PT tried to explain it was the dumb midicholrian thing, and even that wasn't so bad - it just gives the Jedi some biological reason for being able to use the Force. And then the line about Qui-Gon... personally I don't think that's a big enough thing to turn Anakin being a force ghost into a plot hole. Anakin was a super-powerful Jedi. That's enough.

The one thing that EpI made me wonder when I saw it for the first time was why Qui-Gon didn't disappear when he died. I explained it to myself that he didn't die peacefully, so his body stuck around, whereas both Obi-Wan and Yoda were resigned to die and did so willingly. Anakin then also didn't disappear since he didn't really want to die either. I don't know if there's an 'official' reason for why some people disappear and others don't.

The CW did the worst with the Force, IMO. Those Force-planet episodes were just god-awful. Part of me is glad Filoni never got the chance to see that through farther, like he said he was going to. That better not come up in Rebels.

The CW did the worst with the Force, IMO. Those Force-planet episodes were just god-awful. Part of me is glad Filoni never got the chance to see that through farther, like he said he was going to. That better not come up in Rebels.

You cannot delay the inevitable. :laugh:

I just assumed that it was a Force vision by Anakin of his role as the chosen one that also affected Ahsoka and Obi-Wan, a sort of group hallucination.

I remember reading one of those kids novels by Ryder Windham in which Obi-Wan meets up with Anakin after the latter dies (because apparently there's some sort of 'Force limbo' state that they're in before becoming completely 'one with the Force'...this was a lot simpler before the PT came along with its attempt to explain more of the Force), and while Anakin's trying to apologize, Obi-Wan interrupts him, gives him some sort of Force Ghost Cliff Notes, and then they go and appear before Luke.

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

The one thing that EpI made me wonder when I saw it for the first time was why Qui-Gon didn't disappear when he died. I explained it to myself that he didn't die peacefully, so his body stuck around, whereas both Obi-Wan and Yoda were resigned to die and did so willingly. Anakin then also didn't disappear since he didn't really want to die either. I don't know if there's an 'official' reason for why some people disappear and others don't.

I figured that perhaps Yoda & Obi-Wan became force ghosts on the verge of death instead of actually dying? Darth Vader's lightsabre doesn't quite go through Obi-Wan, he's already disappeared, the robe remains intact.

It seems to me that there has to be some kind of method you need to learn in order to become a force ghost, rather than by how strong in the force you are. After all, Dooku was stronger than Obi-Wan and gave Yoda & Anakin a very good run for their money. He could've been a Dark Force Ghost :laugh: . Mace Windu was supposedly at Yoda's level or second to him. And Palpatine wiped the floor with the lot of them.

Maybe.

It seems to me that there has to be some kind of method you need to learn in order to become a force ghost, rather than by how strong in the force you are. After all, Dooku was stronger than Obi-Wan and gave Yoda & Anakin a very good run for their money. He could've been a Dark Force Ghost :laugh: . Mace Windu was supposedly at Yoda's level or second to him. And Palpatine wiped the floor with the lot of them.

Isn't there some sort of rule about "only the good guys get to come back from the dead!!!"? 'Balance of the Force' apparently meaning 'No more Sith', and the Force supposedly being intelligent enough to have a will and to be able to kick certain species out of its sphere of influence and all that.

Who knows. I never quite understood what/how the whole "bring balance to the force" thing was supposed to mean/make sense.

Here are the remaining Yoda Arc episode descriptions (and probably the last TCW episode descriptions seen as the Yoda Arc is believed to be the finale of the Bonus Content):

Destiny

"Guided by the Force, Yoda travels to the heart of the galaxy. There, on the planet where he finds the origin of the Force, he must face difficult trials. Only upon passing them will the Sages deem him worthy of learning the deepest mysteries of the Force...."

Sacrifice

"On Moriband, the homeworld of the Sith, the time has come for Yoda to pass his final test. Only then will he learn the best-kept secret of his order, but first a most powerful enemy awaits...."

Thanks for these commanderneyo. These descriptions seem to be "confirming" my suspicions, that this arc is where Yoda learns to communicate with the living and appear as a force ghost. I feel that would be the only explanation since before, Yoda was described to believe that even Jedi couldn't communicate with the dead, and in Episode 4, he witnesses Obi-Wan communicate with Luke. It would be contradictory to it's own story line to not have this be the arc where Yoda learns to communicate with the living (or dead) through force ghosts. That is of course, unless he learns sometime during "rebels".

Thanks :) I do, but anyone who doesn't doesn't miss anything. It all becomes clear from the cinematics as well.

What I find a bit odd is that apparently, these episodes are broadcasted in Germany before they are broadcasted in the U.S.

I haven't herd much German spoke before but it struck me how similar it is to English is some respects, much more similar than French.

Will they air dubbed?

I haven't herd much German spoke before but it struck me how similar it is to English is some respects, much more similar than French.

Will they air dubbed?

I think it's safe to say "no".

@similarity: There is a certain degree of similarity because there is a common root. I think it's Old Saxon, but I'm not sure about that.

Edited by Brickadeer