Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

No disappointment here. Do we get Batman in his black outfit in any of these sets?

Looks like Black outfit on the Joker and Two Face set boxes. My squinting at the original pictures was correct :laugh:

Great variety in the colours of the "Batmen" in the first wave

Oh, yes I too can't wait for those high def. images to come......ouch I'm buying them.....as long as the wife doesn't find out ! :laugh:

And by all appearances Robin doesn't look well....camp....at all ! :laugh:

Bat-brick On everyone ! :grin:

No disappointment here. Do we get Batman in his black outfit in any of these sets?

Yep! Both the joker and two face sets appear to have a black batman. :laugh:

Yep, looks like it in 6864 Batman vs Two Face

Yep! Both the joker and two face sets appear to have a black batman. :laugh:

Good spotting 'tj19941994', funny we get the old school grey's with females evil characters and black with the guys....I know Bane is in the Bat-Cave with Ivy but hey he wears a camp mask ! :laugh:

Good spotting 'tj19941994', funny we get the old school grey's with females evil characters and black with the guys....I know Bane is in the Bat-Cave with Ivy but hey he wears a camp mask ! :laugh:

"Camp" is the polite way to describe Bane's whole outfit :laugh:

And the Robin does look good, hopefully he appears in a smaller set second wave because Im not enjoying the Batcave,especially when I know how expensive it will be. Will pick up all the other sets though :sweet:

Edited by surrideo

"Camp" is the polite way to describe Bane's whole outfit :laugh:

Yeah, reminds me of guy out of Pulp Fiction ! :devil::laugh:

These five sets are the first release, perhaps The Boy Wonder will come out in smaller sets.....oh, I think I made a joke about Robin ? :laugh:

This Two-face looks like the Tommy Lee Jones version. He looks Zombie-ish

Hope we get a Riddler that is inspired on the Jim Carrey-version. I don't care if he has his bowlerhat or pink hair! :classic:

The black batman in the sets is diffrent to the comic con one. This one has a yellow batman logo, the comic con one had a more Nolan-ish inspiration. :cry_sad:

The black batman in the sets is diffrent to the comic con one. This one has a yellow batman logo, the comic con one had a more Nolan-ish inspiration. :cry_sad:

I think all the promotional ones handed out at comic con will stay unique and never appear in the sets as a "reward" to those who attended.

Lego and especially their partners in this line know the nuances of the collectors market very well.

Yeah, reminds me of guy out of Pulp Fiction ! :devil::laugh:

These five sets are the first release, perhaps The Boy Wonder will come out in smaller sets.....oh, I think I made a joke about Robin ? :laugh:

:laugh: great stuff lightening, I'll never see Bane the same way again now! :sick:

Robin looks quite good in the batcave set i think. I suppose you could make an argument for most Batman characters being a bit camply dressed although not as much as Superman.

Thanks Shawn and Willybob for those great pics! So glad to see that Achris was right, and we're getting comics with some sets!!

It won't stop me in the least from buying the set, but I really wish the Two Face figure had purple torso and crotch pieces. It wouldn't have been so bright, and the purple on the neck area and under the arms would have looked like shading.

6331002613_265290efcd_z.jpg

My one and only gripe aside, I'm loving everything about the sets!! They look spectacular! It's wonderful to see Lego going that extra mile, and making the box art unique for Superman and Batman. Can't wait to see what other heroes get that treatment.

And our first look at some CGI 'Lego Batman 2' video game models. Fantastic!

@Willybob: the more I look at the image of all the sets, the more it looks like it's from the back of a Lego instruction booklet - there's a staple on the right, so it's the backcover of something, and it's a group shot of sets like you'd see on the back of Ninjago, etc, instructions. ... Do you have a DC Super Heroes set already? :sweet:

Edited by phanstasm

I notice that they fixed Batman's pants in the Catwoman set... he was wearing all blue, but now in the updated box art he clearly is sporting gray legs with a blue assembly. Much better.

Thanks Shawn and Willybob for those great pics! So glad to see that Achris was right, and we're getting comics with some sets!!

Of course i'm right. lol

We ordered the DC Superheroes sets a 8 weeks ago and saw the full range, which you can all now see with the image that's been released on Brick Heroes. In a month or two you will also be able to say the same thing about the TDKR sets. lol

I can only hint at some things because of the nature of what we do, these forums are actually monitored by Lego and they also know who i am ;-)

Edited by achris

Those are actually looking better. My favorite set is still definitely the Lex Luther robot, but the Batwing is now a close second. I suppose it would be foolish to hope that these will be available for Christmas, like the rest of the 2012 line. :sceptic:

While I really like Batman and can understand why Lego is focusing so heavily on him since he's so popular right now, I'm a little disappointed there's only one non-Batman set that's been confirmed. And now the video game will be focused almost entirely on him instead of the larger DC universe. I think that's a missed opportunity there.

Then there's the bane of every license theme, the multiples of the main character you end up collecting if you buy the entire theme. Granted Batman is much cooler to have many of than say, Jack Sparrow or Dastan, but I'd rather have a full Justice League than an army of Batmen. I'll be getting the Superman set and probably the smallest Batman one (He looks closest to the Adam West Batman anyway :wink: ), but that'll be it.

Thankfully, the Marvel side seems to avoid this with sets featuring different heroes. Depending on what the sets look like, I'll be much more likely to want them all when it means I can get a full Avengers team in minifig form.

I think they have at least made an effort to vary the main figure in each sets. There are three variants of Batman in the four sets. With Prince of Persia there were only two variants of Dastan(I think) and Jack sparrow there were a few different heads but essentially two torsos and headpieces. Harry potter is probably the worst offender in this regard and judging by the first wave this line wont fall into the same trap.

As for Justice League, I think those sets will come, but how many of the secondary and peripheral members you'll see in Lego sets I'm not so sure. No matter what era you go for it won't go much further than Wonder Woman,Superman,Batman,Flash, Green Lantern, maybe aquaman but Hawkgirl,Martian Manhunter,Cyborg etc?

Would be great, and in the UK Forbidden Planet etc would be selling the sets for who knows what but in my opinion it'll never happen :sad:

While I really like Batman and can understand why Lego is focusing so heavily on him since he's so popular right now, I'm a little disappointed there's only one non-Batman set that's been confirmed.

*snip*

Then there's the bane of every license theme, the multiples of the main character you end up collecting if you buy the entire theme. Granted Batman is much cooler to have many of than say, Jack Sparrow or Dastan, but I'd rather have a full Justice League than an army of Batmen.

*snip*

Thankfully, the Marvel side seems to avoid this with sets featuring different heroes. Depending on what the sets look like, I'll be much more likely to want them all when it means I can get a full Avengers team in minifig form.

Agreed, I'd rather see a large variety of DC Universe superheroes besides Batman (who I already have plenty of, so I won't be buying any of those sets) and Superman (who I love for having finally been made in LEGO :wub: ). Such as the Green Lantern, Green Arrow and all those guys from the JLA.

And like you say, that's what great about the Marvel line, which seems to be releasing a lot of different characters :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

Hmmm...why no red boots on Superman?

Well, I am asking myself the same question, crying after the price I paid for the NYCC not-so-exclusive minifig .....

these sets look geat i still like the old ones more but i love these. i have to addmit the new batcave is growing on me i just hope the new two-face does aswell. looks like my wallet will have a hard time trying to recover before the marvel sets come out.

I'm still pretty underwhelmed by the DC selection so far. IMO the previous Batman theme was superior to what we're seeing here.

I was especially looking forward to a great Superman set (i.e. Kent Farm or Fortress of Solitude), so the giant robot is something of a disappointment...

Hmmm...why no red boots on Superman?

Yeah, I was wondering that too....leg printing on standard leg isn't a problem for Lego any more so ? :sceptic:

Now remember those complaining... oh, it's all Batman and there's only one Superman/Wonder Woman set....long term theme fellow SH fans - I feel many of the DC and Marvel heroes will make it out of comic books into minifig form ! :grin:

The new sets look pretty good. Me being a comic collector, the comics included in the sets are certainly going to up their value. I'm defiantly getting the Batwing and Batmobile sets, maybe the superman set. The two face looks good, but somehow I don't like how his suit is purple and orange when his hair is still black and white. It just looks odd to me. Now I do understand having half orange half purple hair would look really weird. His face looks more like it got burned on the evil side, so it would have been cool to have a half hairpiece. Just have hair on one side and none on the other, like it got burned off. The face will look good on the old body though.

What I am hoping is that they make at least one Green Lantern set. Even if we don't get the comic con version of the figure, I just want one green lantern set, hopefully we'll get that.