Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Who's inside the chopper?

Seems like a great set to get. I like Wolverine, then there's also Magneto in this set.

Chopper looks box-y eh.

gallery_5203_160_60420.png

Who's inside the chopper?

Seems like a great set to get. I like Wolverine, then there's also Magneto in this set.

Chopper looks box-y eh.

Deadpool :sweet:

WHOA! Epic :sweet:

I'm loving Iron Man again :wub:

The sets all look great, but Loki is in a lot of them :sceptic:

The truck that comes with the 'Loki's Escape'-set is cool, but I think I'll pass on that.

Wolverine's Chopper Showdown looks awesome as well :devil:

Regards,

Mitch

From what I've seen so far (and that's not too much, mind you), I don't really like the actual sets. The minifigs are quite cool and definitely worth having, but the helicopter, truck, and bikes do not appeal to me at all.

Anyone else agree? Perhaps someone can point out some features of the sets that are cool?

Still can't like the Iron Man helmet. Just seems too bulky to me... Thanks for the new pics of these sets.

I don't think that a Nick Fury 'Fig was confirmed, was he?

Yes, in the press release which announced the Marvel theme.

has anyone seen what the Tony Stark face under Iron Man's helmet? I saw one pic of a Jack Sparrow face but does anyone know if it has changed

Probably, since the Jack Sparrow face he had at comic-con had a skull on the other side.

Actually, it might be $40 USD, since all the prices on that website are quite high. For example, $25 for the Catwoman set!?! :thumbdown:

Yep, closer to $40 than $70, for Americans at least. That site is Australian and sadly, they have to overpay.

I have some CG lego superheroes if someone is interested

they're on youtube i've done several

haha someone answer or i cant post the link yet

I think the novelty must have worn off for me since the initial release and discussion. I am just not that excited for any of the superhero sets and I LOVE superhero related genres. Batman is the best, but the new sets were too meh for me so I only purchased the Funhouse, even though I would want the figures. Those prices are just ridiculous for iffy sets. As far as Marvel goes, again, it's cool seeing some of the figures, but I am not that amazed by the sets. I guess that is the point of Licensed Lego though. I was excited at first about seeing Loki's helmet, but now that we get multiple Lokis, it isn't as exciting. Not that I would only want that helmet in the largest/priciest set, but I definitely don't need multiple Loki, Iron Man or Thor. Hopefully the later sets will spark a new interest in me. I will definitely buy more X-Men related sets if they ever come out with the other figures (here's hoping for a correctly done Gambit). We'll see. Maybe I'll feel differently when I hold the box in my hands.

I definitely don't need multiple Loki, Iron Man or Thor.

Atleast there are 2 diferent suits for Iron man.

Are you sure about that?

IronManFinal.PNGIronMan2Final.PNG

Not very good pictures, but you can see that the chest symbols are different. The first (triangle/Mark 6) one is from Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape and the second (circle/Mark 7) one from the Quinjet. :classic:

The two different Iron Mans is a bit confusing if you ask me, but the movie will probably explain that. I will need to see Iron Man in person before I totally chuck his helmet. :sceptic:

The two different Iron Mans is a bit confusing if you ask me, but the movie will probably explain that. I will need to see Iron Man in person before I totally chuck his helmet. :sceptic:

how is it confusing, 'Iron man 2' has 3 diferent suits.

He keeps updating and changing stuff it's not something new.

Yes, in the press release which announced the Marvel theme.

Interesting, I am going to guess Nick Fury will be in a set with the "Limited" or "Special" Edition label on it. I think TLG is keeping it a close secret like with the Funhouse set that had the Riddler and we didn't know about it until it was released. That one was not on any of the Batman set lists prior so I think we will see a new very secret set possibly.

Atleast there are 2 diferent suits for Iron man.

I noticed that too. :oh:

Yeah I am going to guess (in the film) his newer suit got damaged/stolen or whatever and he has to wear his old one.

how is it confusing, 'Iron man 2' has 3 diferent suits.

True he had his first suit, an upgraded version then he built his new one or whatever. Still cool to get different versions like with Batman.

I am hoping we get Tony Stark's lab with all the suits on display and exotic cars. :laugh:

Everyone seems to be expecting another exclusive to pop up, but I kind of doubt it. While I can't imagine where else Fury could be included, the Spidey set seems to fill the Funhouse's spot for exclusive sixth set in this wave, and somehow I doubt that they have another secret exclusive up their sleeves, but that's just my feeling and I could be wrong.

I am hoping we get Tony Stark's lab with all the suits on display and exotic cars. :laugh:

Yes, and War Machine! :sweet: It's possible when IM3 comes out!

Interesting, I am going to guess Nick Fury will be in a set with the "Limited" or "Special" Edition label on it. I think TLG is keeping it a close secret like with the Funhouse set that had the Riddler and we didn't know about it until it was released. That one was not on any of the Batman set lists prior so I think we will see a new very secret set possibly.

I think that's Spidey's set. It seems to be the equal to the Funhouse and I don't believe we're supposed to know anything about it, even though we know its name. That's why we didn't see it at the Toy Fair! It maybe the set that Fury will come in! It'll probably be the comic book version of Jackson's Fury to make him more recognizable to kids!!

Perhaps he could also be in a special polybag for a promo they run when the sets are released.

Yes, and War Machine! :sweet: It's possible when IM3 comes out!

Does Lego have the rights for all of Marvle Studios's movies? I thought they only had it for The Avengers? I too want War Machine!!

how is it confusing, 'Iron man 2' has 3 different suits.

No Iron man only has two. (The one with the circle and the triangular one.)

Yeah I am going to guess (in the film) his newer suit got damaged/stolen or whatever and he has to wear his old one.

Yes that would make sense.

I would love to see that as a set! :wub:

Does Lego have the rights for all of Marvle Studios's movies? I thought they only had it for The Avengers? I too want War Machine!!

Not for the movies but all their comics and DC's too.

I think that's Spidey's set. It seems to be the equal to the Funhouse and I don't believe we're supposed to know anything about it, even though we know its name. That's why we didn't see it at the Toy Fair! It maybe the set that Fury will come in! It'll probably be the comic book version of Jackson's Fury to make him more recognizable to kids!!

But what would Fury be doing in a Spidey vs. Ock set? :sceptic: It's not very often that he works with Spidey.

Perhaps he could also be in a special polybag for a promo they run when the sets are released.

I doubt it. Green Lantern was a promo too, but unlike Fury, he wasn't mentioned in the press release. :sceptic:

Not yet, but that doesn't mean they wont get it by the time IM3 comes out. :wink:

No Iron man only has two. (The one with the circle and the triangular one.)

You're forgetting the suitcase one. :wink: