Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

^The red color of Phoenix more closely resembles her in the movie, but I think dark red would be better.

Phoenix looks great but Bizarro is AMAZING. (Maybe that's partly due to me being more knowledgeable about DC than Marvel). The amount of detail TLG is pouring into minifigs lately excites me to no end! Now the only problem is getting my hands on these two...please give us sets with 'em!

I really like this Phoinix figure hopefully I can bricklink her before prices get to crazy. Not sure about the hair however it would have been better to have given her the series 6 female space defenders hair in dark red. Can't wait to see Venom I think Lego will be giving away the comic book version and when he's included in a set it will be the ultimate Spiderman version.

Gah, more exclusives. We've had six already! :sceptic:

I'm not particularly familiar with them, but the minifigs look pretty good.

I hope Venom isn't an exclusive... I don't think it would be that difficult to include Venom in a set, depending on what the source material is.

Will we get any sets based on the Dark Knight Rises this year or next? I would really like a movie-based Bane.

With all the contradictions concerning the BB/TDK/TDKR-sets. We will just have to see what they will announce tomorrow. Hopefully some leaks will be posted later today.

My guess is they will continue their comicbook-look for the second wave of DC-sets.

Maybe the best chance to get a Nolan Batman set is to support the stunning project running on Cuusoo atm.

Edited by Cammo

It seems plausible we'll get Jean Grey with her leather jacket on in a year or two when we get some more X-Men sets. I can't wait to see what Venom looks like.

I hope that this Venom they are giving away turns out to be like the promo $50 purchase Hulk minifig, and then that way we can get a new mold in a set :cry_happy: I think the perfect sized mold for Venom would be half way between a normal minifig and Hulk. I mean they made the cave troll bigger than the Hulk so I don't see why it would be a problem to make a figure mold smaller than Hulk?

Well I don't think he needs to be as big as your second picture, but even the first picture he is probably larger than a regular fig. I think this Venom has a good shot at making it into fig form since it is the one from the new show. I am sure it will be a split decision though just like Hulk was. Some prefer the minifig form some like the big guy, and I like the big guy :devil:

I'd be all for the larger Venom if it didn't mean sacrificing leg articulation. Because of that, I prefer standard minifigure Venom. Of course, I'll be happy to get him however he's produced.

Edited by agentofchaos73

Ya that is a very good point. I hope with a mold smaller than Hulk they could add some more articulation but we won't know until we see it. Who knows the one they are giving away today could be a big fig? We haven't exactly seen it yet.

I am sure what ever LEGO decides to do will be great and that it will for sure look really good :thumbup:

Well I don't think he needs to be as big as your second picture, but even the first picture he is probably larger than a regular fig. I think this Venom has a good shot at making it into fig form since it is the one from the new show. I am sure it will be a split decision though just like Hulk was. Some prefer the minifig form some like the big guy, and I like the big guy :devil:

Perhaps, ah well, we shall find out tomorrow :classic: Either way, I have someone on the case at SDCC to try to get me one :grin:

I'd be all for the larger Venom if it didn't mean sacrificing leg articulation. Because of that, I prefer standard minifigure Venom. Of course, I'll be happy to get him however he's produced.

Agreed! I've been waiting from a Lego Venom since the first Spider-Man sets were produced back in '02! It's been a looooong wait!

Both of these figures look great! Bizzaro, to me, is probably passable, unless I can find one at a really good price. Jean Grey, on the other hand, is one that, along with last years Green Lantern, I'll try my hardest to pick up. :wub:

Although the Star Wars promo was a whole tin can full of Maul-y goodness, I'm not sure TLG will release anything larger than a normal minifig as a promo, so we'll be getting a normal Venom minifig. And not 'we' as in most of us, 'we' as in the lucky few..!

FBTB has said that they won't be in future sets, so I've lost all hope. I guess that's what we expected though. Hopefully, if the same figures are NYCC exclusives, the price will go down.

Also, I don't think Venom will be a large figure. I would think that the larger size is more likely to be in a set.

Edited by Legoroni

Bane is supposed to be rather big, just about the same size as Venom, but they made him an ordinary sized figure in the Batcave set. I don't think that TLC will make a new big mold just for Venom if he comes in a set.

The SDCC one is bound to be a minifig though.

FlashThompsonVenom_Rooth.jpg

Then again, maybe they'll go with the modern Venom. Either way, with these exclusives, it doesn't mean we won't get the characters, or a variation of them in future sets, like the Iron Man figure with the painted head.

I don't really care who the characters are or what they look like as long as LEGO gives us MORE stuff. I had my doubts about this year's Marvel stuff when it was first shown, but now I'm definitely hooked and I need MORE. I'll take anything from the Marvel universe!

These figures are amazing, especially Bizzaro. :wub_drool: I love him. I really might need to pull the trigger on him and fork out the cash.

Lego, doing it to me again. :cry_happy: I still need to buy last years Iron Man exclusive to add to the collection.

Even though FBTB states that "these figures will NOT be available in any future set", I still hope that this is not the case.

I completly despise the CC exclusive figures. I see myself as a collector and also really like the figures, but it is impossible for me to fly to America every year to visit the CC only to get the chance to get these exclusive figures Lego bashes out every year. Toy Fair figures tend to reappear in events of stores. Some figures come with videogames. I'm fine with the later two, because they are not bound to one place. I have a Lego Store an hour away from me. You might say that I should buy CC figures from brickset then, so that I don't have to fly to America, but the price of those rare figures is so high that I could just take that flight for a holiday.

Lego should definitely change their distribution of figures. I'm fine when the figures appear 1 or even 2 years later in a set, but as far as it looks, the figures of this year and also the ones of last year (Iron Man and Cap) will never be seen again. And this is what disturbs me.

Source

Edited by KazeMonsuta

I'm gonna guess that one fig they show of this year may be a larger mould. I'm thinking a lot of justice league stuff after the Lego Batman Videogame: DC superheroes. It will be interesting to see the ratio this year of x-men to Spiderman to Avengers figs this year. Last year it was pretty much THE AVENGERS and wolverine! Hopefully Lego give a good variety to the figs like some fan favourites, some major characters and a couple of interesting obscure characters.