Walter

Tia Dalma's Shack

724 posts

[pid][/pid] 206D

So here it is, my first movie Pirates of The Caribbean scene in Lego!

6789385036_cb596bcaeb_z.jpg

Tia Dalma's Shack by Walter Boy, on Flickr

"No worries! Tia Dalma and I go way back... thick as thieves, nigh inseparable we are... were... have been... before..."

"I'll watch yer back."

"It's me front I'm worried about." -Jack and Gibbs

I've always loved Tia Dalma's shack from Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. It was no doubt inspired by the shacks seen on the classic Disneyland attraction in California. I always found wooden shacks interesting, so it was no suprise to me that I'd make this scene sooner or later.

I was also greatly inspired by _Matn's version of this scene. When I saw his depiction I knew this would be a fun scene to build. It was one of the many cool things from the film.

I will (hopefully) be adding one or two new photos of this creation soon too. There's some interesting angles I haven't covered yet.

793 posts

That is beautiful work! It definitely looks like TIa-Dalma's shack. The green water and the sand tree are very nice details!

:jollyroger:

1787 posts

Very nice, I like that little tower coming out of the roof, it's a small detail, not of big importance considering the movie scene but it does add that little bit to make it perfect :pir_laugh2:

Btw, who's the disco stu guy in the boat ?

5463 posts

That is awesome. It looks just like I would picture it! Keep up the brilliant work.

291 posts

Outstanding! I just love it!... is there any inside? more pics would be awesome.

979 posts

This is an amazing MOC :-) you really caught the feeling of the movie scene.

Like others said the swamp atmosphere is very well done.

-Aredhel

724 posts

Thanks so much for the kind comments. (And blog post!)

I had a good deal of fun with this one.

Outstanding! I just love it!... is there any inside? more pics would be awesome.

I wish I could've built an interior, but there was

just not enough room to satisfy me. Perhaps a vignette in the future? :pirate_skel1:

Btw, who's the disco stu guy in the boat ?

In the sequence when they travel to the shack by boat, one of the extras traveling with them has an afro. I always remember him from the scene later when he gets grabbed by the Kraken and dragged into the ocean. I suppose you could say that it's his 2-3 seconds of glory. :pir_laugh2:

898 posts

Very nice! One of my favorite parts of this build is the technique you used to build the palm trees... Then again, I am a huge palm tree fan. :pir_laugh2:

586 posts

great build I love the shack, everything is so well made here, its truely professional. :thumbup: