TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: Land Rover

Today I thought i'd share my Land Rover model. It is based on a Land Rver Series 1 and can seat two minifigures.

6782113852_3d5ea81a39.jpg

I got the idea for making a classic Land Rover after finding the train window piece which was perfect for the front windscreen. It is a very simple design but I felt the end result does it's job well.

6928236531_66a36de015.jpg

In these alternative views you can see a few more details and the dashboard I included to make the model a bit more interesting.

I hope you liked my simple Land Rover and comments or suggestions for improvement are more than weclome!

Perfect 'TheKingOfBuilding', I could imagine a member of the British Royal family driving it on one of their properties. :grin:

Keep them coming and Brick On Drive On 'TheKingOfBuilding' ! :grin:

Very nice Land Rover! Some of the details work very well IMHO (spare tire, white roof, use of the hinge at the back end), some less so (wipers, headlights), but it has an appealing overall design. One thing I am not quite sure about, I must say:

can seat two minifigures.

Fitting two seats in doesn't mean there is enough room for two figs - if there was TLG would probably put more than one seat in their 6w SUVs :wink:

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!

Fitting two seats in doesn't mean there is enough room for two figs - if there was TLG would probably put more than one seat in their 6w SUVs :wink:

Just because you can only see two seats that are only wide enough to seat one minifigure, doesn't mean there isn't space in the back of the Land Rover to seat another minifig :wink:

Just because you can only see two seats that are only wide enough to seat one minifigure, doesn't mean there isn't space in the back of the Land Rover to seat another minifig :wink:

There you got me! :wink: (Still your solution doesn't even allow one minifig to sit accurately behind the steering wheel, does it?) :wink:

Looks good and is instantly recognisable (the colour scheme sure helps!).

A couple of improvements would be to change the headlights from four to two (although I'm not sure how) as this will be more realistic. Also, you might want to jack up the suspension a tad.

Cheers

Rog

Great Land Rover. Authentic colour, amazing lines. Keep building like that, you rock.

Hey,

This is very cool indeed i love the color choice, the wind shield wipers, the spare tire and list goes on and on. For the size it is you really did manage to get a lot of detail in it.

I second the idea of the snorkel.

But all in all it is a great model and it would look great in the streets of any LEGO city.

good job

Charlie