HIGHWAY PATROL

"His last ride".

A litle while ago somebody here on the forum asked for a deseign of a hearse.

I have made a design then on LDD.

But after changing it a few times, now i am finally satisfied with it.

And based on my design i made a litle diorama.

Here are some pic's.

2012-02-16125508.jpg

2012-02-16125525.jpg

And here it is on it's own.

2012-02-16125759.jpg

2012-02-16125607.jpg

2012-02-16125627.jpg

2012-02-16125657.jpg

I hope you like it.

I do like it! I love the overall design, and the funeral scene is very well done, too. Maybe the next step could be to build it up so it's a few bricks high, and make a proper waiting grave.

Looks like you used a skateboard as the wheels for the casket carrier. :sweet::thumbup:

Great work. I found your other hearses on the LDD website, but love the front grill of this one. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how you got the modified plates (grills) on the angles that you did? The amber lights must be a European thing?

Cool hearse and cool scene, in a weird kinda way, you don't see too many mocs like this. The coffin design is great, so much fun with the wheels, next moc, the runaway coffin :laugh:

Good job :thumbup:

The amber lights must be a European thing?

Not that I'm aware of - Anyway isn't the car a Caddy anyway so more likely to be on the other side of the Atlantic?

I think it's a really nice MOC - the front end of the hearse in particular is fantastic. I do wonder if there is some way you could add rails/roof rack to the roof (for wreaths, etc)? It's the only part of the hearse that doesn't look right. Just a bit plain somehow...

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Not that I'm aware of - Anyway isn't the car a Caddy anyway so more likely to be on the other side of the Atlantic?

I think it's a really nice MOC - the front end of the hearse in particular is fantastic. I do wonder if there is some way you could add rails/roof rack to the roof (for wreaths, etc)? It's the only part of the hearse that doesn't look right. Just a bit plain somehow...

American funeral homes prefer Cadillacs and a few old Lincolns here and there... some cities recognize purple flashing lights as a caution for the procession, but they still have to obey the traffic laws and are often cut off and treated poorly by other motorists... unless it is your mother or child in the hearse, screw off you are slowing me down and disrupting my day.

I agree, they are a bit plain. Also, everyone goes with black bricks, while in many US cities with large black-american populations, the hearse's are preferred in white. The best example of a nice ornate Cadillac hearse I have found instructions for is just too big for my project (it is 8 wide and longer than the front of my funeral home) so I am going to try one myself. I like the size of Highway's plus the front end.

The amber lights must be a European thing?

I don't know from where the lights are.

And if it is a local thing from somwhere.

I was looking to pictures off hearses and there where a few with lights on top.

Without the lights i was not satisfied with the hearse.

It gives a nice touch to the roof i think.

Here is a picture to give an idea of the lights in real live.

92787825-te-koop-een-zeer-mooie-en-in-nieuw-staat-zijnde-lijkwagen.jpg

I would like to say that I think this is really a great design. The whole thing is very well proportioned IMHO - even the windscreen (which probably would look odd with a sedan) fits very well here.

I especially like the front and - above all - the hood. This is something you probably can't do with a 7-wide car or else it will get too tall. :sad: The sloped rear end is very well designed, too.

Keep up the great work! :thumbup: