forumreader

Rumors and speculation: Haunted House Modular

Man I really hope they didn't get in trouble, I like to think they did it on purpose as any editing work is really precisise (you see each frame) so any editor worth anything would know they were releasing that shot and that the image would be spotted, its just too obvious to be an accident.

its an interesting way to build hype if you ask me :thumbup:

Look how many of us here are already foaming at the mouth ready to sink their teeth into this one. Me included. I LOVE Victorian houses and would die if they actually make this. Even a run down Vic is better than none at all.

I know this may not be an actual run down Vic, but it appears to be close enough.

Man, that looks epic. :wub_drool: Too bad LEGO's already sent all my money for me across the other lines... :hmpf_bad:

Thank you all very much for the information, the pictures and the links! :classic:

That hounted house does really look :wub: :wub: :wub: !

If it had open backwalls and a decent interior, it may well be that I will buy it.

But if it had closed backwalls (like the regular modular sets and Creator sets), I for sure won't buy it.

Judging by the length of the building, I fear that it is a regular modular set since buildings with open backwalls are always shorter (apart from those which have hinges (like MVV or the gas station in Town Plan) - but the haunted house doesn't seem to have some). So let's see.

But for sure is imo that this is not a starter set for a Halloween theme (like the Winter theme) since Halloween doesn't offer as many possibilities for sets like the Winter theme does.

I hope that we'll get more information soon. But since this set surely won't be sold before fall, I highly doubt that we'll get more information and pictures before summer.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Look how many of us here are already foaming at the mouth ready to sink their teeth into this one. Me included. I LOVE Victorian houses and would die if they actually make this. Even a run down Vic is better than none at all.

I know this may not be an actual run down Vic, but it appears to be close enough.

foaming at the mouth is fine as long as your don't start getting the urge to sink your teeth in people rather than LEGO, I too will definatly be getting this if it comes out (which I think it will), it just looks too cool and like something I have not seen them build before.

I don't care what theme it's for, so long as it comes out THIS YEAR and (the most important point) I can afford it. LOL

It looks exactly like the sort of thing I've hoped for years that LEGO would release. If they also toss out a really cool graveyard to park next to it (sort of like the one from Harry Potter, but cooler), I would be over the moon!

Halloween is looking good this year!

Very excited about this. I loved the detail of the modular sets but find the city setting a little boring. Something with a horror/halloween theme would be amazing :thumbup:

If Lego did kind of let this image leak to see what people thought of it, I'd say it's a success.

That looks like such a cool haunted house though. Exactly what you picture when you think of one. It's not something I'd normally get, but it looks too good to pass up. Worst case scenario, I convince myself to get it and MOD it into an Arkham Asylum

It looked like a finished model from the video. I wonder if it will be a D2C Monster Fighters set or modular(Even Creator but it looks too big for that)

Whatever theme it fits into it has so many uses as a modular, part of a city layout(Fireman.Police,nuisance kids), Monster Fighters,Harry Potter and Batman. If I thought about it further it could probably fit many more recent and past themes

Sort of reminds me of the aesthetics of the Diagon Alley set. Definitely in a good way.

Chances are, we'll see a press release about this sometime in the summer.

Sort of reminds me of the aesthetics of the Diagon Alley set. Definitely in a good way.

Chances are, we'll see a press release about this sometime in the summer.

Be interesting to see its height in comparison to Diagon Alley and if it stood out too much.

Edited by surrideo

It says the theme is Monster Fighters. Sweeeet! Can't wait to see the official images. :classic:

It says the theme is Monster Fighters. Sweeeet! Can't wait to see the official images. :classic:

One of the admins at Brickset admitted that the Monster Fighters categorization was speculation, so the jury is still out on which theme this falls under.

This set looks fantastic! :wub: I doubt I'll have any money to buy it this year, though, with the other Monster Fighters and LotR sets coming up...

If it had open backwalls and a decent interior, it may well be that I will buy it.

But if it had closed backwalls (like the regular modular sets and Creator sets), I for sure won't buy it.

I don't get this complaint. You can always leave the backwalls open when you build the set, can't you? Nobody's forcing you to follow the instructions to the teeth.

so, r2d2 has been revealed. any news about haunted house?

so, r2d2 has been revealed. any news about haunted house?

We know Jamie Berard will reveal a set during BrickFiesta from July 4-8, so my money is on then, as we only have a few exclusive sets left to reveal for the year, and he is unlikely to reveal a Star Wars exclusive (the UCS B-Wing), and that will be too early to reveal the Winter Village set. It also appears to be a high-quality structure worthy of being designed by Berard.

It also appears to be a high-quality structure worthy of being designed by Berard.

Though apparently the designer video will not feature Jamie Berard, as can be seen from the original screenshot. Or at least not just him.

Y5IMJ.jpg

I hope they will announce this before Monster Fighters come out in my country.. Though I'm likely to still get the Vampyre Castle regardless of how awesome/expensive this one is.. But it'd be nice to know the details on this before I spend all my money on that castle.

Personally, I don't think that this will be a modular building. If you look at the right side, there is a small rectangle of building space. Modular buildings don't have overhangs like that one. Also, taking that into account, if this was a modular building, It would need to be a corner, but there isn't enough sidewalk surrounding it to make it a modular building. I think that this will just be an exclusive set of some sort, and it might be modular, just not of the modular building line. But that is just my opinion.

Personally, I don't think that this will be a modular building. If you look at the right side, there is a small rectangle of building space. Modular buildings don't have overhangs like that one. Also, taking that into account, if this was a modular building, It would need to be a corner, but there isn't enough sidewalk surrounding it to make it a modular building. I think that this will just be an exclusive set of some sort, and it might be modular, just not of the modular building line. But that is just my opinion.

Yeah, I don't see this belonging with the other modular buildings. I hope you can detach floors in a modular fashion similar to that, though.

Yeah, I don't see this belonging with the other modular buildings. I hope you can detach floors in a modular fashion similar to that, though.

Considering the fact that the back is bricked-up, I'd say that it would need removable floors.

Considering the fact that the back is bricked-up, I'd say that it would need removable floors.

We don't know that yet. You can't exa tly tell from that one picture if it's open backed or not.

We don't know that yet. You can't exa tly tell from that one picture if it's open backed or not.

Another thing to consider-- since it obviously isn't trying to have flat walls on the sides like the modular buildings, it could very easily hinge open somewhere around the center. I think that would work well visually for a haunted house so each room could become a sort of a diorama. An open back could accomplish the same thing in some sets, but this one looks so deep that an open back alone might make all the rooms very dark and hard to access for play.