madoka

$100,000 worth of clone troopers for sale on ebay

I hate thieves like this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Ep2-Clone-Trooper-4482-7163-/250978437930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f7b0b2a#ht_1003wt_922

He's preying on those that mistakenly think they are getting an entire army of figs.

This raises the question: if someone were to fall for his scam, would ebay enforce the deal or refund the money?

I hate thieves like this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Ep2-Clone-Trooper-4482-7163-/250978437930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f7b0b2a#ht_1003wt_922

He's preying on those that mistakenly think they are getting an entire army of figs.

This raises the question: if someone were to fall for his scam, would ebay enforce the deal or refund the money?

Honestly if someone is going to pay 10 grand in the belief they are getting an army lego plastic figures then they deserve to be scammed. :look:

I mean really, 10 thousand dollars for a bunch of clone troopers. *huh* I can see a few hundred $, but not 10k.

Its actually stated in the add that its for 1 trooper. If someone is stupid enough to bid that high without reading it properly then that is their own fault.

Its actually stated in the add that its for 1 trooper. If someone is stupid enough to bid that high without reading it properly then that is their own fault.

I kind of agree, but it's still downright criminal to do this. :hmpf_bad:

it is especially bad for people that are non-native speakers. My cousin was also quite stupid. He thought he bought grams of gold at ebay, but they were grains (0,06 grams or so). That is the problem with sites like ebay. When we buy LEGO there we almost always just come and pick it up even if it will cost us a day driving.

it's written below: "We are selling one of the clone troopers. So is only one 7163 or 4482 clone trooper ... that's we are selling"

So does that mean 1 clone trooper for $10,000?

then below that: "Miniatures are supplied unpainted and assembly may be required."

What the hell!?! :wacko:

My husband said that it may be a case of them having a listing (that they paid for) that runs for a particular length of time and they may have run out of stock, so have put a stupid price to stop them selling in the meantime (until they get more stock). I don't know if this is the case, but it supposedly happens occasionally.

it's written below: "We are selling one of the clone troopers. So is only one 7163 or 4482 clone trooper ... that's we are selling"

So does that mean 1 clone trooper for $10,000?

then below that: "Miniatures are supplied unpainted and assembly may be required."

What the hell!?! :wacko:

Yeah that is what I saw too.

My husband said that it may be a case of them having a listing (that they paid for) that runs for a particular length of time and they may have run out of stock, so have put a stupid price to stop them selling in the meantime (until they get more stock). I don't know if this is the case, but it supposedly happens occasionally.

Yep, that actually happens very often. Considering the seller's 100% rating and the slightly broken English, I presume it's all a misunderstanding.

And I also very much agree that if someone is stupid enough to bid/ buy without actually reading through the entire auction, or even contacting the seller in case there's any sort of a possibility of misunderstanding / problem, then it's their own fault. The usual story: boxes of sets (and items other than LEGO) sold for 100+ USD / EUR; and only upon receiving the empty box does the buyer realize he hasn't bothered to actually read the description. It is misleading, but then again if it's all clearly stated, it's not the seller's fault.

I know that people have done this with iPhone boxes. People selling iPhone boxes for £300+!!

eBay have cracked down on 'misleading' lots like that, I'm sure if someone reported what this guy was trying to do then eBay would take it down.

Why the hell doesn't Ebay have a 'report ad' button??

They do have a report link. It's along the right-hand side when you view a listing. I use it all the time to report people selling coupons (usually for Lego).

it is likely that they have made an error in the Buy-It-Now price though that error is a bit on the high side.

that said, as some have mentioned, for whoever to pay that price for the clone trooper, the buyer is also out of touch with things Lego.

i messaged them asking about the price and if they were out of stock, this is the reply i got

hi

u are quite nice

so i reply u

i have 1000 of this miniatures

but i dont sell it anymore

and i just show off what i have

later will show more ... that will make everybody crazy

and make more people collect star wars

ok

regards

- magicjala

he just wanted to show them off.....weird way of doing it if you ask me

Dudes I'm with you. if this guy wants to scam someone or just show off than why the hell would you put it on ebay. I mean come on. like 5000+ clones would be worth $10000 or so depending on what they are and how rare but not a thousand troopers

Under the contents it says that t is only one trooper. :tongue: so i think that the price might have some how changed from $0.99 to that price.

Edited by Someonenamedjon

Under the contents it says that t is only one trooper. :tongue: so i think that the price might have some how changed from $0.99 to that price.

dude I'm with you there