Sign in to follow this  
pranas

Wall of LEGO Star Wars prototypes?

I see a Yavin 4 playset!

That's been around for a while. It can be seen in the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary, and it has been stated that there are no plans to release it.

Nice find, by the way. :wub: Though I find myself spending more time looking at the desks and wishing I worked there than staring at the models. :laugh:

Wow great find, I just want to stand in front of the wall and just drool. I hope some of the sets that haven't been released yet make there way to the market.

Nice find, by the way. :wub: Though I find myself spending more time looking at the desks and wishing I worked there than staring at the models. :laugh:

My thoughts exactly. I want to work there :sing: . That slippery slide looks fun :grin: .

Edited by wokajablocka

I was looking over the picture again and I noticed what I believe is a Trident Droid and a Kaminian Water speeder on the bottom right hand conner This would be the best CIS droid set to come out, hopefully we'll see it really soon.

Is that a crab droid in the bottom left corner? default_wubnew.gif

Seriously, I'd be amazed if they made half of these. It makes me wonder why they're sitting in cases on display.

That's been around for a while. It can be seen in the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary, and it has been stated that there are no plans to release it.

Agreed. :tongue: And, I think they should put that Yavin 4 set out, when A New Hope comes out in 3D. It is just too cool to let go!

@ pranas - Thank you for sharing your find and giving us a glimpse at possible future releases. I can see us revisiting this photo in 5+ years and seeing what actually made it into release.

Is that a crab droid in the bottom left corner? default_wubnew.gif

Seriously, I'd be amazed if they made half of these. It makes me wonder why they're sitting in cases on display.

I can only imagine how many prototype sets they've made over the years. They've probably tried out most of the things we suggest at one time or another. I would imagine for every 1 sets that is released, there were 10 ideas that didn't make it.

good god its like a daycare center for giant kids they even have a tube slide!! I'd go mad if I had that much lego at my disposal I'd be building stuff all day!

I would kill to work there! KILL!! Just kidding. Id love to get my paws on that red interceptor. Thanks for sharing this.

I can only imagine how many prototype sets they've made over the years. They've probably tried out most of the things we suggest at one time or another. I would imagine for every 1 sets that is released, there were 10 ideas that didn't make it.

It's disheartening, really. So many of these would make great sets, and yet they may never be made a set. I'd buy a UT-AT over an Ewok tree any day.

good god its like a daycare center for giant kids they even have a tube slide!! I'd go mad if I had that much lego at my disposal I'd be building stuff all day!

:laugh: Maybe it's just because, as a dedicated MOCer, I'm not too crazy about most of the sets and can just build whatever I want however I like it, but I don't find myself desiring those models that much. I just drool while looking at all the people getting paid to play with an infinite supply of LEGO.

:drool:

See?

:laugh: Maybe it's just because, as a dedicated MOCer, I'm not too crazy about most of the sets and can just build whatever I want however I like it, but I don't find myself desiring those models that much. I just look at all the people getting paid to play with an infinite supply of LEGO and drool.

See?

They play with drool?! :sick:

:tongue:

:laugh: Maybe it's just because, as a dedicated MOCer, I'm not too crazy about most of the sets and can just build whatever I want however I like it, but I don't find myself desiring those models that much. I just look at all the people getting paid to play with an infinite supply of LEGO and drool.

See?

I probably wouldn't be building that many sets.

I can only build so much with my own lego compared to some people who buy multiple sets.

I've got two main piles a ton of mostly bionicle and technic lego in the attic that I use for making bionicle/hero factory mocs and vehicles I can motorize(most of which tend to not work properly lol) and a small amount of brick lego under my bed in two tubs that I use for my traditional brick on brick building(don't like getting the two piles mixed up cos all my regular would get swallowed up into my big bionicle/technic pile) so my building range is a bit limited right now.

I'd love to have all those tubs with the arranged pieces so I can really go mad and not have to worry about whether or not I have enough of the same pieces in the right colour or whether I can even find them and have to sunstitute a different colour or piece.

See?

I agree with you. I still appreciate well made sets, and the novelty of cool locations (Home One and new Jabba's Palace) but to me it's figures, figures, figures. I can build better versions of most of the sets they release (with the exception of a few ships and vehicles) and it's figures that I need now. That's why I've appreciated all the new figs they've been releasing the last few years. That is also why good battle packs trump all else to me (Stormie/Rebel Troopers, Hoth/Snowies, Endor) because I can actually build up my army without having to bricklink figs at $6-10 a piece. I have no problem paying $10 -15 for Aayla or Quinlan or Bib, but it's the non-uniques that I have the most demand for.

They play with drool?! :sick:

:tongue:

Ew. Fixed. :grin:

Though if you go to LEGOLAND California (not sure about the other parks) and visit the free build area, those kids play with a virtually infinite supply of LEGO and drool. :sick: I can't bring myself to touch the LEGO there.

I agree with you. I still appreciate well made sets, and the novelty of cool locations (Home One and new Jabba's Palace) but to me it's figures, figures, figures.

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of the new style of figures, but usually it's not too hard to convert them to an older style (usually just replacing the head with an appropriate yellow one and maybe a couple minor tweaks like adding a chromed lightsaber hilt), so I do usually end up buying for the figures. If I don't, I'm buying for the pieces, which are going to get sorted out for MOCs.

Ew. Fixed. :grin:

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of the new style of figures, but usually it's not too hard to convert them to an older style (usually just replacing the head with an appropriate yellow one and maybe a couple minor tweaks like adding a chromed lightsaber hilt), so I do usually end up buying for the figures. If I don't, I'm buying for the pieces, which are going to get sorted out for MOCs.

I always keep the sets assembled for a while, because I have to overcome my want to keep the sets together. I finally broke up my Rogue Shadow a month ago for parts, because I'm never going to use that ship in a MOC. With the smaller sets it's easier, but once I start getting into the $50-100 range, I have a hard time breaking them up unless I need the parts immediately for something.

I think the thing beside the Imperial Guard TIE Interceptor is a Hardcell-class interstellar transport.

342px-Hardcell-class.jpg

The AAT looks like it has the Defoliator on it.

The ship beside the Trident is the small Kamino sub that Obi-Wan used in the ARC Troopers CW episode.

643px-KaminoSub-ARCT.jpg

Edited by Rune Haako

In the top right corner; is that the Zygerrian slave-ship (seen in "Kidnapped", "Slaves of the Republic", and "Escape from Kadavo"), or the Bounty Hunter Gunship set?

In the top right corner; is that the Zygerrian slave-ship (seen in "Kidnapped", "Slaves of the Republic", and "Escape from Kadavo"), or the Bounty Hunter Gunship set?

It's a UCS Droid Starfighter.