Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Halloween 06: What do You Enjoy More?

Choose your favorite type of movie or book  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Mysteries, Horror, Sci-Fi, or Fantasy? What do you like best?

• Mystery
    • Horror
    • Sci-Fi
    • Fantasy
    • Combination

What do you enjoy more in movies and books? Intriguing MYSTERIES? Spooky HORROR films? fantastic SCI-FI movies? or fabulous FANTASY? or even a combination of these?

I love a spooky horror film that also provides a good mystery. Some examples include:

- The Sixth Sense

- The Village

- The Ring

These movies captured my interest because they provide a horror element that scares you, but also adds an element of mystery and wonder. I enjoy books in a similar fashion.

Share your thoughts.

i enjoy horror in my entertainment the most... but it has to be artistically orchestrated. there is a lot of films done in bad taste. horror movies seem to have a bad rap, comparatively.

- Brick Miner

I voted combo, but all are interesting on there own except mystery, which I would combined with any of the other 3, or with archeological adventures such as Indiana Jones. Mystery is also good when it includes a "nonfictional" supernatural element, and is not nessesairly horror.

Best of all would be something that combines all the catagories: A space adventure where poeple go to an alien planet, and discover ruins with a puzzle that unlocks a fantastic and monsterous beast. The alien beast has some kind of ability to alter genetics or something too..

Many scifi shows and movies allready have these combinations, so if I had to choose one, that would be it.

The weirder the better.

I voted for Horror !! Its really due to my childhood during which my older cousin showed me al those nasty movies hehe

The only problem is that nowadays, good and pure horror movies is a dying breed !! The only ones that do come out are lame and/or bad remakes >:-( Oh well, we still have the grand old classics ;-)

G the trailer for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 looks crappy as hell :-D

I also love the gore genre !! Its a mix of horror, comedy, sex... That genre had real classics as well !!

Peter Jackson's fantastic Bad taste and Brain Dead !! Oh and lets not forget the cult Toxic Advenger !!

Bring it on I say !!

*yoda*

Combination of Sci-fi and Fantasy (Star Wars :-P ), though if I have to pick one it would be Sci-fi (thank god for that last option) :-D

I love sci-fi, but Star Wars is much different than the typical Sci-Fi movie. It was very unique which made it so much better and a "true legend" in film. Episodes 1-3, with all the high-tech computer graphics/animation, great characters, and story will never come close (in my opinion) to the original trilogy.

For sci-fi, I enjoyed Dune and a few horror/sci-fi movies involving space creatures and evil robots.

The problem with many horror films now (in the US), is that they're just "hack, slash, and gore". To me, horror is suspense, mystery, and building up to a horrific plot. Not just Jason chasing teenagers with a knife after dying several times (although these movies serve another purpose ;-) ).

The suspense, irony, intrigue, and mystery is what makes a good horror film. I'm not a big fan of the Night of the Living Dead Zombie-type movies, but some of the early ones were scary.

I'm a Sci-Fi dude alltogether.Even my special Halloween topic only has Mechs and a security bot in it... XD

Scxifi.

Horror movies aren't scary.

Mystery movies are boring.

Fantasy movies can get REALLY non-hetero.

And scifi is getting less scifi every year... but at least it gives one good ideas of where the future's headed... gives them something to tangibly shoot for.

Scxifi.

Horror movies aren't scary.

Mystery movies are boring.

Fantasy movies can get REALLY non-hetero.

And scifi is getting less scifi every year... but at least it gives one good ideas of where the future's headed... gives them something to tangibly shoot for.

Interesting take, is there anything that you like?

I chose sci-fi, i'm not interested in alot of sci-fi movies, but my favorite sci-fi movie, and only, is the Star Wars Trilogies. They're really fantastic films, and don't go overboard on the sci-fi part.

I like them all ! But there's the "investigation" type which is not listed which is my favoryte !

I like them all ! But there's the "investigation" type which is not listed which is my favoryte !

Could you call these mysteries?

Interesting take, is there anything that you like?

Well, scifi.

Though jipay's "investigation" got me thinking.

Not mysteries, but investigative documentaries.

But unfortunately for those, they're often conducted by fanatics with agendas, and NO conscience in regards to lying to the public.