Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

Zeus: King of the Gods in the ancient Greek pantheon.

It makes sense to me. We got a Poseidon figure in CMF 7.

(Apologies spelling correction.)

Edited by gedren_y

Zues: King of the Gods in the ancient Greek pantheon.

It makes sense to me. We got a Poseidon figure in CMF 7.

Ahhhh! You mean ZEUS!!!!

Type it right!!!

Some of them are veeery ambiguous, like 'trader'. What instantly springs to mind is someone like this:

pi053.jpg

It could just be a medieval shop keeper kind of "trader", but I'm really, really, really hoping it'll be a Fur Trader/hunter kind of "Trader" with a Davy Crockett hat.

It could just be a medieval shop keeper kind of "trader", but I'm really, really, really hoping it'll be a Fur Trader/hunter kind of "Trader" with a Davy Crockett hat.

If it is a medieval shopkeeper, the whole serie becomes good for me.

Thank you for the list, GRogall!

Should this list be accurate, I can safely say I'm looking forward to purchasing several Conquistadors and a single Pirate Captain. I will be purchasing several of the Fairy if designed correctly, and I'm entirely interested in what Santa and the Trader will look like. However, I must agree with others; the Vampire on the list is rather baffling to me.

Edited by LRDark

Er, wow. A return of the much loved diver and footballer and skier? GRogall, if you think this is the list, I trust you on it. Sounds half amazing but with a number of potential misses.

:classic:

Vampire, Skier and Diver figure? That seems really fishy to me, too.

I do like the idea of having a Red Cheerleader, though.

Edited by just2good

I like the Footballer, but another vampire, skier, and diver? That seems really fishy...

I hope there are erros. Like the graduate were referred as "judge" on first time last june.

The Vampire may be Succubus/Vampire bride... the trader may be everything...

Alright! I've been looking forward to this news.

Ancient Thespis - Bare arms, dress style leg piece for toga and hopefully a new hairpiece with a caesar style cut and an olive crown. Printed 1x2 tile tablet for an accessory is my guess.

Pirate Captain - I am looking forward to this one myself. I hope he comes with a peg leg.

Conquistador - this one could be great. New helmet maybe, possibly with a plume. Armor piece over the torso, musketeer saber....too bad the probably won't do puffy breeches. They should also include a couple gold coins!

Enemy Robot - black clockwork robot with evil eyes and an axe? Putting the butchers cleaver in the hands of the clockwork robot is already pretty effective at achieving this look.

Evil Female Alien - lots of ways to go with this one. I'm looking forward to being surprised.

Diver - I expect a man in swimming trunks with a silver medal and Sleepyheads hair. Maybe a swimming cap, or maybe even a female scuba diver! I expect the high diver though due to the Olympics.

Vampire - didn't expect this one thanks to monster hunters. Perhaps it will be a sort of French nobleman vampire, or an edgy Lost Boys style vampire. Could be super cool.

Fairy - really looking forward to this one. I hope they tool a neat little wand with a star on it or something. Short legs? Long legs? Cloth skirt? Printed? I'm not going to think too much about it and look forward to being surprised.

Football Player - I hope it is an American style player. Not a fan of the sport, but it would make a great figure. I expect some sort of new shoulder pad piece and hopefully a ball with a handle inside so you can pose it in a throwing motion. It will probably just have a peg though. I would like to see it in green and gold, but it will probably be red due to match the cheerleader.

Trader - stock trader with new pencil in ear hairpiece and new ticker tape paper piece? Maybe a long kind of scroll looking paper piece that can be used for Thespis? Personally I hope for a fur trader bushman style guy with a rifle and a raccoon hat and maybe a backpack. If Lego tooled a beaver pelt I would be thrilled!

Skier - female skier I'd imagine

Red Cheerleader - brunette with an S is my guess!

Santa Clause - lots of potential for new pieces. I expect the backpack with a 1x2 tile printed like a present, but I hope they do a new sack that he can hold over his shoulder with a 1x1 brick sized present. And a bona fide Santa hat. Lego has to do a Sinterklaas with a Zwarte Piet someday.

Boy in Bavarian Costume - forestman hat I'd imagine. As for an accessory, my guess is red flowers, or maybe a pretzel!

DJ - cool! I hope they make a new hair or hat piece with headphones. This figure has to have headphones! A turntable would be fantastic but I expect just a record or two. A couple round plates to go underneath to make a stack would be neat. Maybe a printed tile record sleeve like disco dude has with a couple plates to stack underneath and a single round record.

Cowgirl - right on! I hope they to tool a new hat with a braid in the back similar to the Valkyrie hat. Really looking forward to seeing how they decorate this one. I hope they spring for a lot of printing and do chaps with tassels on the side of the leg. They really need to sculpt some sort of spur piece that can attach to the back of the leg.

All in all I think this series has a lot of figures that may strike us as dull on a list like this but could be fantastic depending on how creative the designers get with them. Can't wait!

Thespis? What's that gonna look like - just a generic ancient Roman?

If the list is legitimate it backs up what the staff in my Lego store told me last week - that they'd seen a character from 8 that would "go well with a series 6 figure". Enemy Robot or Evil Female Alien ticks the right box or even Cowgirl for the Bandit.

I'm also hoping the diver is an old-fashioned 'bowl helmet' type.

I'm also hoping the diver is an old-fashioned 'bowl helmet' type.

Y'know, if they go this route with the robotic style legs from the monster hunters figure and the robotic style arm with a normal hand it could be one fantastic figure. I would buy several!

An old-fashioned diver with the big fishbowl helmet would be cool and would compliment the more modern diver in Series 1.

I doubt the "trader" will be a stock trader (it doesn't sound like the sort of thing TLG would make)

I think its clear the footballer will be an American football player, if it was another soccer player it would have soccer in the name like the last one.

I suspect it will have either the same shoulder pads as the Ice Hockey player or a new set and that it will have the same helmet and mask. For an accessory, probably a 1 x 1 round brick in brown to represent a football (although a new mold that fits over the hand in the way a 1 x 1 round brick does but is more football shaped would be cool, especially since it could then potentially be used for a Rugby ball or Aussie Rules Footy ball)

The DJ would most likely come with a printed 2 x 2 round tile with a record pattern and maybe a microphone.

The fairy may come with the old classic wand piece (with the star on top)

Edited by jonwil

Wowwweeee! Thanks for the list GRogall!

I wonder if the diver is like the old fashioned type, like others have speculated. A bronze helmet would be cool! :laugh:

Edited by Walter

Ok -

Going on the assumption this list is real, which of these would benefit most from a double face print?

Vampire could have a scary side & a frightened side or the football player could have a muddy 'just played' face as well as his regular one.

OK no more games here the list!

Thanks to Ojik via Brickset!

Ancient Thespis

Pirate Captain

Conquistador

Enemy Robot

Evil Female Alien

Diver

Vampire

Fairy

Football Player

Trader

Skier

Red Cheerleader

Santa Claus

Boy in Bavarian costume

DJ

Cowgirl

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Thank you Grograll for bringing this piece of info to us. Some repetitive but still, nothing is cast in stone in terms of preferences until we see the real deal. So, let's keep our anticipation high.

I'm gonna be very disappointed with Lego if they name an american football player "Football Player" :hmpf:

Doesn't sound like the most epic series for me, but I reserve most of my judgement until we see pictures or at least get some confirmation of the reality of this rumour. I'm pretty sure diver is old-time diver with a round diving helmet. Trader is an interesting enigma as it could mean so many things. And obviously Vampire is a strange choice, why now? But actually that's the thing that makes this rumour most believable to me: few fans would put Vampire into their speculation list.

But actually that's the thing that makes this rumour most believable to me: few fans would put Vampire into their speculation list.

I don't get this. Can you explain me?

Well I for one would like to see another vampire to add to the family. They can all live together in my haunted house. :classic:

I don't get this. Can you explain me?

If this was just someone's speculative list that had got out (with or without intention) and misinterpreted as a genuine leak, as sometimes happens, I don't think it would include a vampire, cause most everybody knows that there already was one in Series 2 and there's the whole Monster Fighters theme coming out. For example I haven't checked but I suspect there's not a single Vampire guess in the whole Guessing Game topic.

If this was just someone's speculative list that had got out (with or without intention) and misinterpreted as a genuine leak, as sometimes happens, I don't think it would include a vampire, cause most everybody knows that there already was one in Series 2 and there's the whole Monster Fighters theme coming out. For example I haven't checked but I suspect there's not a single Vampire guess in the whole Guessing Game topic.

I see. So is the vampire the new skater guy? :D

Apart from that, what if this list was written by someone who hasn't seen the first series? Sometimes people went out with suggestions like "We need good a spaceman after the space girl and the space villain" forgetting spaceman in series 1... or I read also that one wanted a fisherman as if we didn't get one in series 3...

I honestly hope a LOT that this list is false. If it's true, I will look for the pictures of the mysterious trader, of this new vampire and of the alien girl.

OK no more games here the list!

Thanks to Ojik via Brickset!

Ancient Thespis

Pirate Captain

Conquistador

Enemy Robot

Evil Female Alien

Diver

Vampire

Fairy

Football Player

Trader

Skier

Red Cheerleader

Santa Claus

Boy in Bavarian costume

DJ

Cowgirl

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Thanks for the list but honestly, i think there's something wrong with the list posted online. Either lego has run out of ideas, the list was tampered with, or is fake. out of the figures listed, 7 have been in sets b4 in different ways and 1(the santa claus) is already an overdone figure.

I think this series is getting too much hate. Does anyone have any idea how long we've been without a half-decent Santa Claus? The best one we've had so far isn't even Santa! :rofl: The rest of these sound like better takes on, in my opinion, somewhat poorly-done figures in the past. With the massive level of detail in recent series, I have higher hopes for these figs.

There'a a pic of the pirate captain in the new lego kids magazine. Lets see if I can scan this...

Regards,