Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Halloween 06: Scariest Movie

If we were to create a top 10 or 20 most scariest movie list, what movie would you want to see on the list?

Does this movie take you back to a scary moment in your life? Were your friends also scared of the movie when discussing? Did it take you a while to sleep again with the lights out. Share your most scariest movie. *skull*

Bambi...poor kid :'-(

On a serious note :-P I tend to avoid "scary" movies. Yeah, I'm kind of a chicken, I get enough of that stuff in my real life. But out of them all...I'd say...the Ring (I'm sure this is on a few people's list)

The Ring- definately a "dead ringer". The movie that they rented was so freaky and the girl coming out of the TV set. That scared the #%&! out of me.

Some of the classics for me was Amertiville Horror and the Exorsist. These movies scared me for years.

When I was pretty young I saw a cheesy movie called 'Basketcase'. It had a scene where the "creature" grabbed someones leg from under a bed. It made me fear the under bed for a long while.

"Plot Outline: A young man carrying a big basket that contains his deformed Siamese-twin brother seeks vengeance on the doctors who separated them against their will."

More recently the movie 'Fire in the Sky'. The scenes in wich he is being dragged by the aliens and the needle probe in the eye :-X Oooo, I hate the eye poking, sticking, and surgeries.

The movie 'Signs' was also quite compeling and a bit fearful to me.

I never saw Basket Case but it sort of reminds me of a movie called Don't be Afraid of the Dark. These little humanoid creatures live in this house, and only the lady of the house can see them. The family would be eating dinner, and the creatures would be under the table yanking on her napkin. When she screamed, they would run and hide. No one believed her except the care taker of the home. They killed her in the end.

hehe nice topic ;-) The problem is that I saw soooo many of them as a young kid, I can't be scared anymore |-/ I'm like immune which is really sad :-/

Bambi...poor kid :'-(

I actually totally agree witrh you there (and I am not joking) !! Bambi's mother's tragic death traumatized me as a kid !!

But Disney did another scary short movie called the Old Mill !! Definitly not for young kids !! The atmosphere of the life of an old abandonned mill during a huge storm is just breathtaking 8-

I like watching horror movies, but nothing in recent years has really shocked me. My all-time favourite, and scared me to death when I first saw it, is the original Omen.

So I need to add to my list (in no particular order):

* Cannibal Holocaust

Ah, would that be the one on DVD now, or the one originally played in theatres a few decades ago, complete with "man being eaten by piranha" scene intact?

That movie had ALOT of controversy in it's day.

My wife remembers seeing it in New York City, the first day it showed up at the theater.

People were barfing in the seats and leaving.

Almost immediately, it was taken away, for TRULY being a "snuff film".

After getting banned in some countries and the creator having much time in court, a lesser version appeared, with him stating it was the only version that ever existed... but now it was missing scenes and 1 or 2 had been fakely replaced.

And man, don't ever try telling horror movie buffs about it, they'll eat you alive (lol) and tell you you only read about it somewhere, that it was never released like that.

Morons. :-D

Scary movies, scary movies... they rarely "scare" me, but some do at least make me think.

1. "Threads" - Not a horror movie per se, but DAMNED scary.

2. Aliens - Scared the hell out of me when it was in theaters. A bit too scifi for me to say it's a horror movie... a nice hybrid I guess.

3. Storm of the Century - Not terrifying, but "ok" at creating an eerie mood. ...Perhaps moreso because of my understanding of the subject.

4. Night of the Living Dead - (The original) Duh. No-brainer. The black and white lets you escape from the bad makeup of modern-day zombie flicks. Lets you actually feel like your eyes are compromised due to it being night time.

Cross Roads with Britney Spears....... boy that movie was scary..... and i have never bin a BS fan either lol

The movie that has scared me the most and that kept me from sleeping for days?

I would have to go with 'The Hills Have Eyes." That my friends was the most horribly scary movie I have ever seen in my life. The guy burning just totally freaked me out.. Most scary movies have a little break from the gore, but this was just non-stop.. Definately horrifying, no doubt about it. 8-

If we were to create a top 10 or 20 most scariest movie list, what movie would you want to see on the list?

Does this movie take you back to a scary moment in your life? Were your friends also scared of the movie when discussing? Did it take you a while to sleep again with the lights out. Share your most scariest movie. *skull*

this is a really cool topic B... i just wish i had some really good answers for it, as horror movies are my most favorite kind ;-) however, right now im drawing a blank on "the scariest". i mean, i know the ones i like... but that is for other qualities, like directing. im BIG on directing ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

When I was pretty young I saw a cheesy movie called 'Basketcase'.
:-D i remember that one... and i remember the sequels also !!! is i recall, that little evil twin got a love interest... now that was really scary :-D

Too bad that nowadays all new movies are NOT scary at all !! The ring ? Boring, The Grudge ? crappy and the list goes on and on !!
i disagree... i think the more recent movies are scarier. i mean, yes... my memory of the older movies are scarier. but when i rewatch them, the thrill is gone... and the movies end up seeming cheesy :-D

4. Night of the Living Dead - (The original) Duh. No-brainer. The black and white lets you escape from the bad makeup of modern-day zombie flicks. Lets you actually feel like your eyes are compromised due to it being night time.
this is possibly my favorite movie of all time. but i don't think its scary... i like it for the directing... romero created art when to told the "large concept" with a "small execution". it was just brilliant.

i love the scene when ben is talking about the truck being overturned by the zombies... it is mearly a dialog scene, but the vision that it creates for us is so vivid... romero didn't have enough money to film the scene, but he gave it to us anyway... it was great execution... that scene and the whole movie *y*

ok, other movies...

when i saw it in the theater, the new "house on haunted hill" really scared me. but when i bought it on DVD it had lost its edge somehow... now i just think its cheesy.

"the ring" had great potential (and it was extremely scary) but the story was disappointing. again, the concept was great... but the execution of the story was really bad. all-in-all i didn't like the movie...

but i think its a good one for THIS list, cause those freaky faces were just plain haunting.

i think the grunge is a great movie all around... the story was good, the execution was good, AND it was scary as hell.

BTW, has anyone seen "pulse" ??? about the dead people in the computers ??? i saw the japanese version and it was terrible... but i think some of the story was lost in translation, cause it didn't make a lot of sense... however, the english redo looks pretty good.

- BrickMiner

Cross Roads with Britney Spears....... boy that movie was scary

*lol* Haven't seen that, but it does sound scary XD

I'm usually not terrified by anything (not counting hospital series. E.R. is more than enough to get me feel sick XD), but this movie was quite disturbing. Nothing like Asian horror, huh?

I tend to stay away from scary movies for the most part, because I don't enjoy being scared...

But, out of the movies I've seen, I think scariest would be: (in order)

The Sixth Sense

Signs

Hangman's Curse

I remember a movie as a child called Trilogy of Terror. One of three stories in the movie was about an evil African doll that came to life when the necklace around it was removed.

Here's a pic of the doll:

bambola%20zuni.jpg

It chased Karen Black (the star of the movie) around with a knife hacking through barriers like a suit case.

I remember a movie as a child called Trilogy of Terror. One of three stories in the movie was about an evil African doll that came to life when the necklace around it was removed.
i remember that one too Brickster... but as i recall, didn't like it much :-D

oh, i just thought of one i liked... The Decent was a great recent movie... one of my favorites actually. it might have made it into my top ten *y*

BTW, the Grunge 2 comes out today, and i'll probably get around to seeing it tomorrow... and body want some feedback ??? a "ya" or a "nay" ????

- BrickMiner

BTW, the Grunge 2 comes out today, and i'll probably get around to seeing it tomorrow... and body want some feedback ??? a "ya" or a "nay" ????

For me its a "ya" even if I thought the first one was CRAP !! a true boring movie !!

*yoda*

I never saw the Grudge. There's always something that makes me extra scared when the evil/creature is a child.

I enjoyed the Ring, which I did think was very scary. Esp. the scene with the TV. The movie they rented was freaky too. Gives me the goosebumps... :'-(

For me its a "ya" even if I thought the first one was CRAP !! a true boring movie !!
well, i just got back from Grunge 2... and it was a huge disappointment, but then again, it did have a lot to live up to ;-)

definitely a "nay" from me |-/

- Brick Miner

I'd say Cannibal Holocaust is the scariest movie I've ever seen. Man that movie gave me nightmares for weeks, but then again I wasn't very old.... It 's just so damn realistic. :-X :'-(

KimT

Secondly I'd vote for IT - never liked clowns since I saw it.

I'd say Cannibal Holocaust is the scariest movie I've ever seen. Man that movie gave me nightmares for weeks, but then again I wasn't very old.... It 's just so damn realistic. :-X :'-(

I rewatched it a couple of months ago and I can assure you this movie has not aged at all !! The Super8 filming still gives it incredible true atmosphere which is what is oppressing the most IMO !!

Even a couple of years after, it still seems so darn realistic, thats why in my eyes its a true Classic movie (hence my avatar hehe)

*yoda*

Yes, yes it is. X D

I agree that new horror movies are cheesy.

I mean, to say ROmero was clever at delivering a scene which he hadn't had the money to film... well, it's likely how the scene SHOULD be... because it's realistic.

You have a movie being given to the audience through the comatose Barbara chick more or less, so to cut to too many external scenes away from her would kind of sucked.

All these modern movies have like ZERO ability to drag a viewer in through one person... like a bunch of freakin' mini-movies all bumping into each other which never combine into a great whole.

There are scenes here nd there that are ok, but modern horror? Pure crap.

Grudge was ok, but not spectacular... not to someone who used to watch Fujisankei horror shows on The International Channel anyway.

I have to admit though... this one scene in one of the recent zombie movies (Dawn of the Dead remake)... where the gun store owner is communicating with the people on the roof of the other building... His last message = AWESOME.

MAybe one of my favorite movie moments ever. So powerful.

I was like oh no... oh no way... no, he's not gonna'....

OH MY GOD, HE DID!

X D

Seen around 2:35

http://youtube.com/watch?v=As3DheR6L3Q

dawn_of_the_dead.jpg

Finally a fan of Ruggero Deodato oh.gif That is so surprising !! I wouldn't imagine someone within these boards to have seen such a brilliant movie blink.gif

Jinzo I can't answer your question...yet. I bought the double DVD version and only watched the movie (its the same version as the one I watched as a kid classic.gif )

However, I didn't watch the bonus DVD with all the censored scenes. As soon as I do I will tell you blink.gif

Nah, it won't be on the DVD lol.

Ruggero's tried to convinve the law that a still snapshot of a piranha scene was all that was taken.

No, no... there was a dude being eaten alive in the original.

And if you saw it in (you're in Paris, right?), then you didn't see the one aired (very briefly) in New York.

But again, if you tell horror film buffs this, they'll MASSACRE you with flames to say you're either lying or confused. :-D