Sign in to follow this  
The0

MOCs : Floating Rocks and Airships

Hi everybody!

I didn't post anything for a while and I come back with several new MOCs.

These werere my entries for the Rock&Roll contest on the Flickr Lego Steampunk group.

Small Rock :

In the shadow of the mine :

They live here. A whole family of minor, seven lifes dedicated to coal extraction. When they don't work, they spent their time in that tiny house where the time seems frozen, only disturbed by the movement of rags blowing in the wind and by engine noise of ships that crisscross the region.

6621086355_10e6cacf1d_z.jpg

The Starling :

As much used by parisian employees to join their office as by Hong Kong hawkers, this helicoper is the most multipurpose vehicle of our time, it had even been approved by the Emperor Napoleon IV himself.

6696739377_54203a240b_z.jpg

Large Rock :

The country house :

Mister Duval is a man of his time, great bourgeois, he holds in particular stocks in a coal mine in Wallonia and in the New York / Saint Nazaire zeppelins company.

When he is not in his mansion in Lille, he likes to relax with his family in his country house, an imposing building surrounded by a spotless garden. Here, life takes its course peacefully : the postman on board of his airship brings telegrams, Nestor the butler mows the lawn

Under the rock, live an artist who has isolated himself, looking for inspiration ( or to escape his creditors).

6668829569_903eb0d2f2_z.jpg

The Mailman's dirigible :

6510794283_376251e90c_z.jpg

I hope you'll like it :classic:

Fantastic creations, like the contrasting colour schemes of the two different lives. Also really thought the Mailman's vehicle was creative. Great work.

I love how you have two totally different types of rock and resisted the urge to simply reuse the same rock structure.

Great steampunkage.

Outstanding stuff!!! I've not tried any steampunk builds myself but I think your Mailman's dirigible might be my favourite thing ever posted on here!

Great work sir! :wink:

Edited by charlieboy

What can I say other than; pure <3 for The Starling and Mailman's dirigible. :laugh:

I like the way you build both houses; full of detail and great techniques. Though the rocks themself look to plain & dull to me.

Thanks for your nice comments :)

Guys at Brickpirate ask me to show them how the small house wass made and I thought it could interest you too. :wink:

So here it is :

technique.jpg

technique2.jpg

Love the mini-dirigible. The first flating rock is amazing, althought it is slightly too regular. I'd add some more pieces here and there to make it look more like it was a chunk taken from earthbound rocks, and thus not regular looking.

Incredible MOC. It has a real Skies of Arcadia feel to it. All it needs now are some flying pirate ships with lots of propellers and cannons.