commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

the demo is now available for download

Never knew LEGO did those *oh2*

Thank you!

Also downloaded the POTC one, can't wait to play it in the weekends :classic:

New Target Stocking Stuffers. This time it's Harry Potter. Halloween we got Starwars and some city set that has been done before.

dsc0157de.jpg

dsc0158ob.jpg

dsc0160lxq.jpg

dsc0161yw.jpg

When does it come out?

If you are in the USA, it's the 11th (This Friday)

If you are in the UK, it's the 18th (Next Friday)

Hope that helped :classic:

If you are not based in the USA or UK, search it on the ol' Google :tongue:

That second one may be the best picture ever!

Edited by TheLegoDr

And another!

388871_292040630816488_235740206446531_1057395_1970603857_n.jpg

P.S.- The game is pretty good so far. Best part yet: you can play as Ron's owl: pigwidgeon!

That picture is incredible! The inferi design is making me hope for that scene incarnated in a LEGO model next year! :classic:

Yup! Any specific questions?

Not in particular, just wondering if it matches the quality of the first :) What I'm really interested to see is how they retain the trademark LEGO humour while the source material gets increasingly darker with each book.

From what I've seen of the game, it's looking great. Seeing the Sirus and Tonks figures; It really makes me wish there was one more big Potter set to draw the series to a close. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

I've ordered the game from GAME in the UK, just for the free LEGO Hogwarts Express, the only problem is getting chance to play it. What with Zelda and Mario 3DS both out on the same day. Talk about first world problems, right?

Not in particular, just wondering if it matches the quality of the first :) What I'm really interested to see is how they retain the trademark LEGO humour while the source material gets increasingly darker with each book.

Personally, I think the quality is better than the first game and its a lot more fun. It may be just because Luna is in this game though..yet I'm still on fifth year. I only have the xbox version of it but my friend got the ds version and she said she wasn't that impressed with it, but I definitely think the xbox version is fantastic.

I got the DS version and I love it! It's a better game than Years 1-4 on that system, although I thought that game was great too :wink: . I've finished the story mode for all the Books, and it was actually quite challenging. There were a few parts where I got stuck and it took me a while to figure something out. There's also this Dueling club area, where you can duel different characters (like Dumbledore's Army, the Order of the Phoenix, Death Eaters, regular students, etc.) and that's actually a lot of fun. You can also unlock some characters from the previous game, like Cedric Diggory. The trophy room is interesting. When you collect all the gold wizard hats in a level you get a little scene that you can view in the room. Unfortunately, the hub is just a small area of Hogwarts, but at least it's not just the Room of Requirement this time :tongue: . I don't really have any complaints about this game on the DS, I think everything about it is great. It's a lot better if you don't compare it to the games on the other systems, because it's not really fair. The DS will always have lower graphics quality and poorer memory than systems like the PS3 and X Box 360. So just accept it for what it is, a great LEGO Harry Potter game :grin:

P.S. Did anybody preorder the game from Game Stop? I did so I would get the bonus t-shirt, but they didn't send the t-shirt with the game. Has this happened to anybody else?

Edit: Shouldn't we be talking about the game in the video game discussion thread? Here.

Edited by Legomaster34

P.S. Did anybody preorder the game from Game Stop? I did so I would get the bonus t-shirt, but they didn't send the t-shirt with the game. Has this happened to anybody else?

^Could somebody please answer my question from my post on the last page? Has anybody ever preordered something from Game Stop with a preorder bonus before and not gotten the bonus in the mail with the game? :sceptic: I really want to know because I really want that t-shirt. :cry_sad: Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do about this problem. The game arrived Saturday the 12th, if that changes anything...

Edited by Legomaster34

^Could somebody please answer my question from my post on the last page? Has anybody ever preordered something from Game Stop with a preorder bonus before and not gotten the bonus in the mail with the game? :sceptic: I really want to know because I really want that t-shirt. :cry_sad: Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do about this problem. The game arrived Saturday the 12th, if that changes anything...

i heard that there were problems with the shirts, did you try emailing them?

i read that some people didnt get their shirts because some stores gave them out on the Skyrim release party. and the shirts are only in youth sizes, no adult

Well I preordered it at the store and when I went to pick it up they didn't give me a shirt. This always happens to me when I preorder things there. I would just email them about it though.