commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Here are my opinions on these mystery sets:

Forbidden Forest:

Will either be based on the Philosopher's(Sorcerer's in US) Stone or the Deathly Hallows part 2.

Philosopher's Stone version would probably include Harry, Voldemort in his black, Dementor-like robes, Firenze and maybe even Fang with the mould seen in the videogame. It would also probably come with a tree and perhaps the tree root that Harry trips over.

Deathly Hallows part 2 version would probably include Harry, Voldemort and Narcissa Malfoy. It would probably come with a small baseplate, a tree and maybe a small rock too. Depending on what is included in this set, I may buy it.

Knight Bus:

Will probably be extremely similar to the last version but more accurate to its movie counterpart and larger as well.

It would probably come with Harry, Ernie Prang, Stan Shunpike, the Grim with its mould from the videogame and maybe even Aunt Marge if we're lucky, but that latter almost certainly won't happen. It will probably come with a larger Knight Bus with the door Stan is standing at when the bus picks up Harry. It will probably also come with as newspaper with printed wanted poster of Sirius Black, Harry's suitcase, some plants and maybe the swing set shown in the background of that scene in the film. I will almost certainly get this, but the price may decreases the odds of that.

Battle of Hogwarts:

Will definitely show the scene which is set to appear in Deathly Hallows part 2.

It would probably come with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Voldemort, Molly, Bellatrix, Ginny, Neville and maybe even Nagini with a removable head. It will probably come with a medium sized baseplate, a building with an exploding function and the sword of Godric Gryffindor with the ruby painted on and blood painted on the blade. Depending on what is included in this set6, I may buy it.

Hopefully the Harry Potter line will continue into 2012 and beyond. Also, according to Brickipedia, the release date for these sets is August 2011, so if that is true these won't appear until after the second part of the Deathly Hallows finally hits cinemas.

Lord Embo

I LOVE DIAGON ALLEY! SOO MUCH DETAIL!!!

I want more sets based off buildings! Grimmauld Place, Privet Drive, and the Ministry of Magic!

Edited by 10or

I'm afraid 4867 Battle for Hogwarts won't be a very attracive set, at least not like 4842. According to the size of this set shown on the flickr page, Battle for Hogwarts is similar to 4738 Hagrid's Hut (480mm x 282mm x 61mm). So it might probably only includes 3 or 4 minifigs.

mousekiller has proved my point in that the Battle for Hogwarts will not be a big set.

TLG could be playing tricks on us with giving us wrong dimensions but I highly doubt that. I really hope that the Battle for Hogwarts set does not have Harry. We've had way too much of him in these recent sets.

I really hope that the Battle for Hogwarts set does not have Harry. We've had way too much of him in these recent sets.

That's because he is the main character and the name of the franchise! Basically, we're almost certain to get him in every one of these new sets. However, I must slightly agree with you on the fact that there are way too many. Oh well, on the brightside, at least we'll get loads of Gryffindor uniforms for characters like Fred and George and Oliver Wood! Also, the inclusion of Harry in each set rather than a new character with new moulds saves us and TLG some money.

Lord Embo

I assume the Battle For Hogwarts will only be a playset which includes some part of Hogwarts that did not appear in the recent Hogwarts Castle set so that you can link them both together to really form the battle. :classic:

I assume the Battle For Hogwarts will only be a playset which includes some part of Hogwarts that did not appear in the recent Hogwarts Castle set so that you can link them both together to really form the battle. :classic:

I agree that they will be able to link together, hence the reason for the empty connector holes in the current Hogwarts set.

That is very probable. I mean, why else would they leave empty connector holes in the set if they weren't to be used. Having the Battle for Hogwarts set connected to the Castle would henceforth make perfect sense and may make more people buy the sets to see how the two look when connected. That could utimately lead to the creation of more Lego Harry Potter sets after these ones. Just my opinion on the matter.

Lord Embo

I hope you're right Lord Embo.

It would seem that the set is likely to connect. If this is the case then may be they will be hopefully doing the courtyard where the battle starts before beign driven into the great hall.

If so, I will think that we can expect to see Neville, and Nagini at least.

If so, I will think that we can expect to see Neville, and Nagini at least.

I would be surprised if we did not get either of them Because here you can see Neville holding the Sword which killed Nagini :wink:

Badass-neville-harry-potter-14171528-500-522.jpg

Edited by commanderneyo

I would be surprised if we did not get either of them Because here you can see Neville holding the Sword which killed Nagini :wink:

Yes, that's likely why he said what he did about getting them, as Neville kills Nagini in the book as well.

Yes, that's likely why he said what he did about getting them, as Neville kills Nagini in the book as well.

Yeah but with the amount of Changes being made in the HP films they could have taken this scene out which is why I am using that Picture to prove they didn't

I hope you're right Lord Embo.

It would seem that the set is likely to connect. If this is the case then may be they will be hopefully doing the courtyard where the battle starts before beign driven into the great hall.

If so' date=' I will think that we can expect to see Neville, and Nagini at least.[/quote']

I expect the Battle of Hogwarts set to be a large doorway which can connect to the Hogwarts castle set, and attached to that (or seperate) the courtyard (or a part of it) where the final battle between Harry and Voldemort takes place. The doorway would be like the entrance to the castle from the courtyard: high and heavy. But no further buildings, or wall or so. Well, this is my guess of course, but I think it's pretty likely.

Yeah but with the amount of Changes being made in the HP films they could have taken this scene out which is why I am using that Picture to prove they didn't

No they couldn't. Nagini is a horcrux. You can't just NOT KILL a horcrux.

Something I would really love to see is the reintroduction of ghosts and as they are present in the battle of Hogwarts it would be awesome to see them in the set. However, I would love these ghosts to be made from transparent plastic instead of light grey like the old ones. Either way, I'm sure I'm just dreaming, I really do doubt there will be any ghosts in the known future sets. :hmpf_bad:

Something I would really love to see is the reintroduction of ghosts and as they are present in the battle of Hogwarts it would be awesome to see them in the set. However, I would love these ghosts to be made from transparent plastic instead of light grey like the old ones. Either way, I'm sure I'm just dreaming, I really do doubt there will be any ghosts in the known future sets. :hmpf_bad:

Theres an explanation why transparent figures cannot be made at the Starwars Questions forum somewhere. It can't be done because it would be a different and weaker material and it would be very fragile :sadnew:

I would like to see ghost figures as well but it won't happen..

I would like to see lots of Half Blood Prince sets as Lego decided not to do that year..

Theres an explanation why transparent figures cannot be made at the Starwars Questions forum somewhere. It can't be done because it would be a different and weaker material and it would be very fragile :sadnew:

I would like to see ghost figures as well but it won't happen..

I would like to see lots of Half Blood Prince sets as Lego decided not to do that year..

:sad: Devastated. Oh well...

One of the other things I was thinking about earlier; The new Hogwarts castle seems to be rather shorter in stature and with smaller rooms than past castles. I really hope that should we be able to attach the battle of Hogwarts set to it, that it is built to the same scale. Because, in my mind, nothing will look worst than the castle being built in all different scales. I'm already having enough trouble accepting my Hagrid's hit is almost the same size as the great hall haha.

Been hunting round for this topic, great to see some HP sets in line for this year! :cry_happy:

Battle for Hogwarts and Knight bus sound exciting, and the forbidden forest could be cool, I wonder what movie they will base it off. :look:

Diagon Alley looks spectacular, can't wait to try and get my hands on that set. :wub:

CF

:sad: Devastated. Oh well...

One of the other things I was thinking about earlier; The new Hogwarts castle seems to be rather shorter in stature and with smaller rooms than past castles. I really hope that should we be able to attach the battle of Hogwarts set to it, that it is built to the same scale. Because, in my mind, nothing will look worst than the castle being built in all different scales. I'm already having enough trouble accepting my Hagrid's hit is almost the same size as the great hall haha.

Well you could buy another castle and keep expanding. I've done that and sold the minifigs from the second set. 2nd Castle ended up only costing me about £25

Well you could buy another castle and keep expanding. I've done that and sold the minifigs from the second set. 2nd Castle ended up only costing me about £25

Yes, but That essentially will make it longer, but not taller, unless, or course, you mean to use the 2nd castle to make the 1st one taller, which is not a bad idea at all, but that may lead to big blank wall syndrome and arkwardlrepeditive interiors.

If you did use the 2nd to increase the height of the 1st, do you have any pics? I would love to see that! :classic:

That is very probable. I mean, why else would they leave empty connector holes in the set if they weren't to be used. Having the Battle for Hogwarts set connected to the Castle would henceforth make perfect sense and may make more people buy the sets to see how the two look when connected. That could utimately lead to the creation of more Lego Harry Potter sets after these ones. Just my opinion on the matter.

Lord Embo

I do believe that some of the connecting holes were designed that way so that the different parts of the castle could be rearranged, and not just for future expansion (which is possible). Besides the old Hogwarts sets and the Life on Mars, I cannot remember very many instances where sets were designed to join together.

No they couldn't. Nagini is a horcrux. You can't just NOT KILL a horcrux.

Well, you could, but then you be in a rather difficult situation... :grin:

Funny how that works.. Seems that with almost all of the sets this year, people are willing to spend near-retail to just get the figs, and then the seller gets the set for dirt cheap. I mean, when they can get the set from TLG (albeit with a month of backorder) for retail, it is pretty sad. I just saw a Diagon Alley go for $220 on eBay, which is ridiculous.

Good sell though! I wasn't able to get $100 for mine, so i just kept em. :grin: .

While I haven't gotten any of last years sets (cool sets, just not a big enough Lego collector to get them), I might get at least one of this years sets (it helps that the three of them are all on the cheaper side of things). I'm hoping that at least one of them has a Voldemort minifig. Depending on where they go with them, I could almost see both the Forbidden Forest set and the Battle for Hogwarts set having him.

I like the idea of the Battle for Hogwarts set containing Neville and Nagini. Would be epic if it also had Hagrid and Bellatrix. Hopefully we get more info soon. At this point the Knight Bus is the only one of the three I know I probably won't get. PoA is my favorite of the movies so far, but I've got the mini Knight Bus set, so I don't feel the need for a larger one. However, if it's nice enough, and has a fair number of good minifigures, I'll reconsider.

Any set that gives us a hufflepuff and/or ravenclaw student. Im hoping, praying, that comes along in one of these sets. Possibly battle of hogwarts...

^^I agree. It would be so great to get some official Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff uniforms.^^

Also, does anyone know when we'll see some pictures?