Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Anyway, I'd sure be happy to add my carrack to some sort of medieval coast layout, I'll see

Was thinking to include a harbor anyway. Dunno where you live but I'm driving from Stuttgart the day before so if your place is somewhere along the way we surely could arrange something. I'll message you once I have a definite plan what I'm doing.

Where the hell is my shield? I want guns n' roses on mine!

It is on its way in theory. The tags were approved, then I provided a list of recipients and about 10 or so were uploaded when the MODs realized they were not saved in the right location (apparently) so they stopped tagging to move them to the right spot. Or at least that was the last I heard of it.

Where the hell is my shield? I want guns n' roses on mine!

guns n roses tag would eb mean, no idea how youde get it from GOH though, build some GnR mocs!

good to see you back!

Was thinking to include a harbor anyway. Dunno where you live but I'm driving from Stuttgart the day before so if your place is somewhere along the way we surely could arrange something. I'll message you once I have a definite plan what I'm doing.

I live in Kassel, sort of not on your path ... I'll see what I can work out though

Chapter 1 of the chronicles of cornovaria is up. pictures are links.

8906644945_00961249d9_z.jpg

8907272036_48f7990cac_z.jpg

8899142667_440f5d6aa0.jpg8808636121_65d82d0a52_z.jpg

8899989650_8e6d670b4b_z.jpg

8703435128_c0ffbe6e5b_z.jpg.

to be continued...

oh and another doohicky that has nothing to do with the story

8863330023_9151bdce1f_z.jpg

Holy Cow! Awesome LD!

Edited by ZCerberus
Who's LG ;)

the calm is ending.

the storm is coming.

Implying that a multi-nation wide terrorist plot involving elementals and a demon army is calm.

Bahah, just another day for the heroes of the GoH.

@Zach Mills Are you ever going to actually make a moc? I really don't get that your Avalonian. You have made more comments than anyone but no actual builds.

@Zach Mills Are you ever going to actually make a moc? I really don't get that your Avalonian. You have made more comments than anyone but no actual builds.

Isn't that typically Avalonian? A lot of talking while the only thing you guys can do is sitting under or just hugging a tree? :laugh:

That's uncalled for and not even true. Zach has had some builds for the guild and people can participate in whatever capacity they like.

Isn't that typically Avalonian? A lot of talking while the only thing you guys can do is sitting under or just hugging a tree? :laugh:

Those "tree-huggers" who can't do anything else are in what place on the gold score board again? Just checking... seems like Avalonians can also make killer MOCs. Heh. Weird.

Implying that a multi-nation wide terrorist plot involving elementals and a demon army is calm.

Bahah, just another day for the heroes of the GoH.

Ha, ha! That's nothing for us! :tongue:

I'm very Aware that I've been lacking in the moc department. For most part, this is because i've had a hard time finishing what I've been working on.

Typically, while surfing the net, i'll get an idea for a Historica build. I'll dream the build in my head to unreasonable proportions, and then start to build. I'll build part of it, then realize that I do not have the pieces to complete it. I'll decide to BL the rest of the pieces, but brfore I can raise the funds for the task, the cycle will repeat, leading to an unfinished, undocumented build being torn down for pieces.

I've been doing some learning recently. Considering alturnative ways to create the roof for the houses I've always wanted to build. Utilising what pieces I have at my disposal to build tree's. You get the idea. And if I'm not able to get a certain little part how I would have ideally had it, I've learnt to deal with it.

So I'm close to finishing something. It's not the color I wanted, but so be it. It's a stepping stone to getting closer to you building legends.

I'm very Aware that I've been lacking in the moc department. For most part, this is because i've had a hard time finishing what I've been working on.

Typically, while surfing the net, i'll get an idea for a Historica build. I'll dream the build in my head to unreasonable proportions, and then start to build. I'll build part of it, then realize that I do not have the pieces to complete it. I'll decide to BL the rest of the pieces, but brfore I can raise the funds for the task, the cycle will repeat, leading to an unfinished, undocumented build being torn down for pieces.

I've been doing some learning recently. Considering alturnative ways to create the roof for the houses I've always wanted to build. Utilising what pieces I have at my disposal to build tree's. You get the idea. And if I'm not able to get a certain little part how I would have ideally had it, I've learnt to deal with it.

So I'm close to finishing something. It's not the color I wanted, but so be it. It's a stepping stone to getting closer to you building legends.

That's the best way to improve fast!

A few months ago (even before Chal VI), I stopped bricklinking everytime I build something. The only bricks that have joined my collection since then are bricks bought in a PaB-store.

And honestley, I think that I have improved much more since then as I really have to find nice solutions to solve the missing of some important bricks :classic:

I totally hear you there, bro! Same here unless there is a great techniqhue I had used in which case I usually keep segments of the builds and incorporate them into another build. My idea factory pumps out so much more stuff than I can possibly begin to build. I think I'm beginning to organize my ideas into two catagories now: priority/must be built and cool/ I might do that at another time which usually means forgetting about it.

Yeeez, the Lugbulk arrived in Belgium!! Hopefully I can go after it one of the next days :classic:

But now I am thinking about it, I don't know exactly what I can build with those bricks alone :sceptic: I checked my list again and the bricks I really needed then are not that needed anymore now :look:

Chapter 1 of the chronicles of cornovaria is up.

This Chronicles of Cornovaria looks very well thought out. I wonder who will aid these poor folk?

Edited by Penkid11

8917846517_d1890cee0e_b.jpg

Yeah, bad photo. My photo setup has disappeared while I was away, so I need to figure out a new one before I can take some good photos.

I would like some opinions on the roof. I think it needs improving obviously, but I want to keep it as thin as possible. Thoughts.

I'll build a proper base too. I wanted to through something quick together for the photo.

It is not fair that Legonardo is so talented and so young. I demand that he starts his own guild with his old gold count. :tongue:

I will give more feedback in the individual threads... but great job.

thanks! could I claim cedrica? :tongue:

completely unrelated but is anyone besides me not able to access gmail?

zach this is how I do my thatched/ dk tan roofs

start by laying down dk/tan plates (the hole is not necessary)

8820241940_88b8bf2211.jpg

next we add some plate variation, rising in the corners specifically, this gives the impression of a sagging roof.

8820241344_bab0f162f8.jpg

lastly add some tiles

8809650101_66dfcbb4c1.jpg

@Legonardo:

hmm interesting to see how you do the roofs :classic:

I still use hotmail (I know I should be ashamed), so I can't help you with that one :sceptic:

Why claiming a ruin? :laugh:

We always can make Cedrica a community challenge (like in make a MOC showing some craftsmen repairing the damage) :classic:

Why claiming a ruin? :laugh:

We always can make Cedrica a community challenge (like in make a MOC showing some craftsmen repairing the damage) :classic:

the ruler of cedrica is the ruler of historica no?

'sides, ruins are fun to build :P

Haven't had time to build anything since Challenge VI ended. Life just getting in the way (guest in the house, travel, work around the house, working on my car, oldest graduating HS, planning two parties, and soccer just to list a few things!

I am hoping to get a few more builds up in the next couple weeks.

LD your latest stuff is incredible. ! nicely done and has inspired me to do a mini story as well. I just hope I have time!