Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Well said, my lord! This is quite the group we have and I look forward to improving my skills to present better MOCs to all of you. :classic:

Sounds interesting Carson! Can't wait to see it.

I've started on a new freebuild (I know, I know. You've all heard this before)! Slowly getting more time for Lego, though. I'm hoping to spend a majority on as many freebuilds I can get in before June ends.

Yo yo, what up my Avalonian homies!

For the last few months, i've been over in Japan. I got back a few weeks ago, and everythings starting to calm down, which means I can get back in to the swing of things here.

How is everyone?!? I'm thouroghly out of the loop, and it's taking me a while to catch up.

Awesome job with round 6 guys! I missed that one obviously, but there is no way I could compete with the stardard that y'all are at anyway.

Anyway, time to get back to building!

Yo yo, what up my Avalonian homies!

You guys produced awesome stuff for Challenge 6! I will go through them in the next days and look at them in detail! I'm on vacation right now but there should be time for it!

Next Monday I'll be back home from a year of studying abroad. I was home for two weeks a month ago where I sorted all my bricks so it is back to building! :wub:

So much stuff to finish for Guilds of Historica but most importantly a layout for an exhibition in Berlin, Germany with a lot of Avalonian influence. 144x144 studs, filled with a bustling city layout and soo many cheese slopes you won't be able to count. :wink:

I will start a new thread for this project to keep you posted about my progress with that as there will be different buildings and scenes that need to get built. I also might come back to my left builds from last year but I won't promise anything yet as my job tends to have assignments on a very short notice.

Anyway, it's good to be back! If you have suggestions for my layout regarding buildings, scenery or anything else, feel free. I'm still planning :sweet:

How's the thing with Historica now? Whats happening now that Challenge 6 is done?

Edited by Rolli

what sort of exhibition in berlin is that? I sure would like to see your stuff in real, and, if there was some sort of GoH layout, would be possible to contribute something?

Discussions have been going on about where to go after some time for freebuilding. It seems that maybe two substitute guild leaders and one guild regulator may have an idea. We'll see how it developes. First thing we need is to decide the official Historica lore with a challenge VI vote.

Discussions have been going on about where to go after some time for freebuilding. It seems that maybe two substitute guild leaders and one guild regulator may have an idea. We'll see how it developes. First thing we need is to decide the official Historica lore with a challenge VI vote.

I think everyone could have checked the entries at least a dozen time already so when when when? :laugh:

It seems that maybe two substitute guild leaders and one guild regulator may have an idea.

too bad you're keeping this to such a limited group and others who thought about this are not asked at all ...

Edited by kabel

too bad you're keeping this to such a limited group and others who thought about this are not asked at all ...

Honestley, I kinda agree on this one. But then again, we are with so many members, it would be hard to really find a consensus. And also, the guildleaders are the ones who led this to such a succes, so maybe we have to trust that they will develop an even more succesfull second chapter! I do hope they listened to the ideas we provided in the last weeks!

edit:

and we still can take-over Historica by force

Edited by Damaximus

Well you're always free to play as you wish outside the contests and official stories, but we have taken the feedback from various points and considered how to make positive changes. Coming up with where to go next doesn't mean your ideas are being ignored, I simply meant an active group including the EB staff is using your feedback to figure out what to do next.

All four of the original leaders have real life obligations and managing the guilds has been such a drag that they have all pulled away. There is no doubt in my mind that getting new/vice leaders will also burn those people out too. I have had some some problems trying to get stuff done (tags, voting topics, judging, frontpaging) and I can't just take over when ISC and the original guys put in a lot of work on this. The decisions have to be left to small group or else things drag to a crawl.

I'm sure that keeping this thing running takes a lot more time and work than most of us realize. Thank you for what you and others do to make this a reality for the rest of us. Hopefully, some approach will be found to lessen the drudgery of being a leader. I hate the idea that the rest of us take all the fun out of it for them. Anyway, I am confident that whatever we end up seeing after Chapter VI will be well worth the wait! :thumbup:

Seems to me that some delegation might help keep the leader's responsibilities from being overwhelming. That way there is a small group making the important decisions, but more people involved in the process so that they aren't trying to do everything. I do agree that the original leaders should have some say in what direction the next chapter goes, they did start this whole thing...

We've also made some progress on tags... watchout Historicans!!

cool! I've noticed the people who so far do have shiny new avalonian shields didn't have shields before, is there a catch?

welcome back mate!

I have been given a green shield. I like it! :wub:

In other news, the A.T.C. warehouse/castle is almost done. Gawd, half a year after the build started but we're getting there! :tongue:

what sort of exhibition in berlin is that? I sure would like to see your stuff in real, and, if there was some sort of GoH layout, would be possible to contribute something?

Its the 2nd Steinewahn in Berlin on 17th and 18th of August. There is no specific GoH layout planned I'm aware of - but we surely could stitch something together if enough people would contribute something. The moc registration closes 1st of July.

I chose my city layout because of the fact that there were so many things that I wanted to build for GoH so I'm bringing them together in one large layout, depicting the town of my character. I guess its killing two birds with one stone. Lets just hope that my Lugbulk order arrives in time...!

Gee, the tiger is a way for a while and I get a dam nice shield......Lord Tigerius thanks those responsible and accepts with honour. :sweet:

Some might be wondering where he disappeared too.....all with become clear shortly. :wink:

cool! I've noticed the people who so far do have shiny new avalonian shields didn't have shields before, is there a catch?

There seems to be a catch, seeing as I don't have one :tongue: .

I wonder the same :laugh:

On another note, if the official GoH tag is a shield, does this mean we can't get another shield anymore or that it would be even more difficult then now?

There was an issue with where the tags are located. The tags should be in que once that is sorted out.

You can have more than one shield tag.

The criteria for the tag was pretty basic. I can share what it was once they are all out there.

Its the 2nd Steinewahn in Berlin on 17th and 18th of August.

dang, having lived in the big city for nine years, I always enjoy having an oportunity to go back, problem is that my band plays a concert on friday, and I don't know If I'll be able to get to berlin any time soon the next day ... anyway, I'd sure be happy to add my carrack to some sort of medieval coast layout, I'll see

Edited by kabel

the calm is ending.

the storm is coming.