Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Where are you all from in NZ? We'll probably be down there next summer; my wife just got accepted to give a speech at a conference in Melbourne in July 2013, and we'll probably visit my cousin in Wellington while we're down there. Actually I should check if there are any LEGO conventions in Oz or NZ next July or August :excited:

Both me and Zach live in Wellington. US summer?

We'll probably be down there next summer; my wife just got accepted to give a speech at a conference in Melbourne in July 2013, and we'll probably visit my cousin in Wellington while we're down there. Actually I should check if there are any LEGO conventions in Oz or NZ next July or August :excited:

I'm jealous!

Last Black Friday weekend score - CMFs at half off at the Lego store.

cmf_score.jpg

Rogue that is impressive!

I have some good/bad news (well it's not going to affect any of you but)

I am being accelerated (being put up a year) in German and Art and doing Cambridge Math. It's good for me as it gives me a chance to sit some scholarships later on but I will have much less time in terms of LEGO & MOCing next year :sceptic:

Edited by Legonardo

You know what Jr., Congratulations! This is going to be good for you. Just keep your priorities straight, and with at least a daily visit, you can still be part of the fun. It's real life, but in the end, I think you'll be glad it happened. :wink:

Viel Spaß!

Edited by Penkid11

That's okay Dangerous. Real life should always be the priority. The escape here is fun and necessary, but it isn't "life". We'll hold down Avalonia until you get back!

Thanks guys! I am fully aware the lego err Life is the priority, and I am quite exited about it, the reason I posted it i sthat not only will homework levels/assignments increase heaps in size and length but then I have to try and compensate for missing a year. so long as you hold down Avalonia for me then I will feel complete! :tongue:

on a side note - the Hobbit is on LEGO.com and the NZ prices aren't as badly inflated I thought they would be, they still (av) 21 cents per piece.

free shipping though...

Thanks for the offers guys! Really appriciate it! I will think of it next time!

LD: Sounds great! Good luck with real life! :) I will stay here though! ;)

hey legonardo, with all those crazy germans around here practising that funny language every once in a while shouldn't pose that much of problem, insofern, hau rein alter!!

Well, I got the chance to have a good look through all the recent builds last night, very impressive! Avalonia is a 'machine'!

I was wondering weather we could all build some short adventures with lots of members taking part and seething up each next scene for someone else. For example:

Say I was to build a moc showing some characters in a cottage looking at a map they have found. Then I write a brief description of the scene and say that they must head to a swamp.

Then another builder will build the next scene with them at the swamp and they could write that the characters found a hidden passage to a cave.

Then another builder builds the scene with the cave and then comes up with the next scene which will be built by the next builder etc.

Make sense?

It could be fun and allow builders to come up with some really tricky devious builds for the next builders scene and so on.

Just an idea.

What do you guys think, worth doing?

...What do you guys think, worth doing?

Sounds interesting, I don't know if you were just talking about Avalonia, but I think a story build like that could be great! :thumbup:

I'm in too! Would we want to set a time limit on how long the next person had to complete the build? I know this was an issue with the titles early on, where one person would claim the right to build for a title, and then you wouldn't hear anything from them for a while.

I'm in too! Would we want to set a time limit on how long the next person had to complete the build? I know this was an issue with the titles early on, where one person would claim the right to build for a title, and then you wouldn't hear anything from them for a while.

Why not a race between builders (you could have a specified number of builders, say, for example, Legonardo and MK face off)- whoever gets it in faster, well, they win (I guess the problem with that would be someone might do a really small vig, so maybe a fit size would help with that)? If the other person was almost done, they could probably use it as a free-build with a slight modification.

Well basically, I'm thinking of something to do after challenge 6 has finished.

As you all know, challenge 6 will end up the storyline that has been running and will mean an end of the first era of GOH.

I thought this could be an interesting idea to do once the main challenges have finished and it would be for all GOH guilds.

Obviously members will also still be building free builds while this is going on.

Doing this will mean that everyone gets to add their own twist to a story. It would probably take a long time to complete a story if everyone built a scene, so we could maybe set up 2 or 3 stories.

Basically 3 people will build a moc and so start off 3 stories, then whoever is up next for each story can then build their scene and set up the next.

This will give a good challenge as builders will be building an idea created by the previous builder and so on.

That's just the basic idea but if anyone wants to add to it then fire away and say what you think.

Once everyone is happy we can then kick this off once the main challenges are finished.

Love the idea DC. We should have a "sign up" thread and get an idea of who would like to join. Very excited to see where this is going.

Sounds like a great idea DC!! I´m in for sure!

Edited by de Gothia

Us storytellers will gladly assist you a bit, SK, as long as you make the MOC.

all hail master Rex.

Why not a race between builders (you could have a specified number of builders, say, for example, Legonardo and MK face off)- whoever gets it in faster, well, they win (I guess the problem with that would be someone might do a really small vig, so maybe a fit size would help with that)? If the other person was almost done, they could probably use it as a free-build with a slight modification.

something along those lines would be awesome!

Sounds really interesting. It will certainly give building a boost when the official challenges are over!

my computer went hay-wire not long ago, the Map was lost, I am about 2/3rds done on a new one, fairly different format I think you will find it, still photoshop etc, it just look different...

So what´s up Avalonians? Nothing new or something to discuss? :classic:

I´m working on three mocs right now. I hope I can take some photos of them this weekend!