Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I think this is funny. I gave you guys a taste of my reality that resulted from GoH. No insults, no quotes or comments. I post something about my fictitious, fantasy story and all of a sudden I'm the biggest jerk in the world and a drunk. I'm not trying to keep any pointless beef going or anything. I just think that was funny. I gave you guys something real and nobody had anything to say. Weird, but an eye opener.

The first part of your posts talks about how you are joking and sarcastic- how is anyone to know when you are being serious?

Secondly, what does someone say to that? People here have become friends, so there will inevitable be some cross-talk, but something like that is just too hard to comment on.

CBB, like most of the other people, I did read it and I really felt bad for you. But I could not find the right words to reply on that and I still can't find them now :sceptic:

Well I missed that post too, usually just give a quick look to the thread, I am sorry to read that, is difficult to say something even more when the situation surpases like this one.

I hope your problems get solved and you can return to your family. Is good to have you here, but I think everyone would agree that it would be better that you have your family near, so if GoH, Lego, or any other hobbie/thing gets in the way between you and your relatives, perhaps it is time to take a pause.

Good luck CBB.

CBB, this is the first time I have checked Avalonia in about a week, so I have not commented yet. Or I missed your post, not sure. I am sorry to hear about your family, and I hope you are able to straighten it all out. That is a hard pill to swallow. I can also see why others have not responded, as this is a delicate subject, and I am sure many people just could not find the words.

When that stuff happend it was November/December. Everything is good now. My woman came to accept my hobby. I think she realized that she wasn't going to find anyone better than me even if I was a hardcore LEGO nerd(I am a LEGO nerd). She didn't realize the saftey and love I gave her or something. I've caught her check-in' out my mega moc over the last few weeks so that's a good sign. Guys please go easy on me. Captain BeerBeard is a good guy. You can say whatever you want about Zakon. He's a real piece.

Dude, i was off for a week, so sorry to hear about your family. I told my wife that other guys my age buy old cars, she accepted that

Glad to hear it worked out for you buddy! My wife don´t understand the thrill of Lego but accepts it.

My latest free build is up now!

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=85896

And it is already included in your county information sheet:

Benoic

To all other Avalonians: move your a** to the Historica City Guide, make your own Herald and enjoy tons of tourists in your county (or you can be at least sure then all the tourists know that your village exists)!!

You have time till 23 September for creating your own Herald (as explained in the first post of the guide). After that date, I will have the liberty to come up with whatever I want :devil:

Glad to hear it worked out for you buddy! My wife don´t understand the thrill of Lego but accepts it.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=85896

well, my sons are 7 and 4 by now and I have them play with my mocs or I build stuff for them to play with. It's 3 vs.1 now! So guys, this is the best way to get your wifes to accept this crazy hobby of ours!

Edited by kabel

well, my sons are 7 and 4 by now and I have them play with my mocs or I build stuff for them to play with. It's 3 vs.1 now! So guys, this is the best way to get your wifes to accept this crazy hobby of ours!

I'll keep that in mind :tongue: My girlfriend is ok with all the Lego, but she hates it when I'm going to conventions.

@ Those Male Lego Maniacs in Relationships:

Large romantic gestures should help a great deal. If she has no interest in Lego, make no Lego plans around holidays, birthdays (yours or hers), and any anniversary of the relationship. If she likes you well enough, she may have/do something Lego for your birthday, but it has to be her idea.

If a Lego convention is held on a set of dates that are safe, arrange something for her that she will like while you are away. Make sure you budget enough that she feels that her interests are given equal consideration with yours.

Bring something back that will not remind her of the reason for your absence. Take pictures of things other than Lego. Be careful of how much Lego you bring back as well.

If you are lucky enough to have someone who will go with you to conventions, plan non-Lego activities as well. When you are alone together, be romantic. Make sure it's her idea of romance first, though.

I know that what I'm suggesting is a lot of effort, but healthy relationships take effort.

May I change the subject for a bit guys? What exactly do I have to do to become a member here? Just build my sigfig and my army (as stated in the first page)?

May I change the subject for a bit guys? What exactly do I have to do to become a member here? Just build my sigfig and my army (as stated in the first page)?

Yep. Write a small introduction and post your character's picture in the appropriate guild's thread. That's pretty well it.

Deep inside the Avalonian Enchanted Forests lives a young outlaw and his gang. Nobody really knows if "Jaeger" is his real name, surname or just a alias. He believes that everyone should have it's own land to produce food and be able to live with dignity. That's the reason he adopted the Tree Symbol, the origin of all living things, the primary source of aliment.

Greetings, noble Avalonians!

Im here to pledge my alliance to this Guild.

You can call me Jaeger.

We'll meet again soon.

9583632471_96d3e10d2f_n.jpg

Jaeger por PedroPolo on flickr

Edited by Apple Pi

Since I haven't actually stated where Burnby is, I figured I'd claim a place. It's the area in blue, if that's ok with everyone.

Avalonian Map by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

Its fine with me and I think the map needs to be updated to include your land and my land, if someone would be willing to do so. @Apple Pi, If you would like to claim land in Avalonia, by all means, do it. Most of the land in the Enchanted Forest is unclaimed.

Here is my land claim.

9405865562_1514108207.jpg

Thanks for the tip Hammerbro33, my character doesn't really have a land or tries to claim it, but I marked on the map the region of the Forest where he lives.

The region is called Dunklen Woods

9590305829_10d7336887.jpg

And now I've build my first moc, can I have the title Prince of The Forest? Or do I need to wait someone give it to me?

Edited by Apple Pi

Thanks for the tip Hammerbro33, my character doesn't really have a land or tries to claim it, but I marked on the map the region of the Forest where he lives.

And now I've build my first moc, can I have the title Prince of The Forest? Or do I need to wait someone give it to me?

How is that area called? :) also, you will have to wait untill zcerbus finds the time to update the titles :)

How is that area called? :) also, you will have to wait untill zcerbus finds the time to update the titles :)

Thanks, I've edited my post. And ok, I'll wait! I'll start building another task moc then. :)

Also, on this map, where exactly would the Kaliphlin Witherwoods be in relation to my claim? I'm just wondering because I want to make sure my Moc is accurate.

The map is inaccurate, our map is right :P Avalonia on this map is kind of at a warped angle -- technically there should be more coast between the archipelago and the border, and more coast between the border and the Red River / inland sea on Kaliphlin's side. So basically, a lot of the coast is missing. Most of the Witherwoods are within Kaliphlin, but some move into Avalonia. However, by the look of your claim, you are much farther away from the Witherwoods. That would be more of a plains region I think. And technically, according to the other maps, that land is probably not really within Avalonia, but within the region that Cedrica is in... but that was never really hammered out.... Anyway, geography wise, I would say that that is a plains / light forest area.

Also, on this map, where exactly would the Kaliphlin Witherwoods be in relation to my claim? I'm just wondering because I want to make sure my Moc is accurate.

The map is inaccurate, our map is right :P Avalonia on this map is kind of at a warped angle -- technically there should be more coast between the archipelago and the border, and more coast between the border and the Red River / inland sea on Kaliphlin's side. So basically, a lot of the coast is missing. Most of the Witherwoods are within Kaliphlin, but some move into Avalonia. However, by the look of your claim, you are much farther away from the Witherwoods. That would be more of a plains region I think. And technically, according to the other maps, that land is probably not really within Avalonia, but within the region that Cedrica is in... but that was never really hammered out.... Anyway, geography wise, I would say that that is a plains / light forest area.

Ok thanks!

First of all welcome to Avalonia ApplePi :dhappy:

Second that map is not correct, I remember that my domains(Arfelan Plains) were just where Carson Haupt marked his land, but I really dont mind to take the land right next to him.

I just want a region that borders with Kaliphlin as my base plates in majority are sand color.

First of all welcome to Avalonia ApplePi :dhappy:

Second that map is not correct, I remember that my domains(Arfelan Plains) were just where Carson Haupt marked his land, but I really dont mind to take the land right next to him.

I just want a region that borders with Kaliphlin as my base plates in majority are sand color.

Oh, you can have them then! I really don't care too much, I just want to have a border with Kaliphlin.