Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Oh Kabel! We had exactly the same idea, down to the title! :laugh: Minus the rat seller. I love that detail in yours. Nice build.

@Cara: that's really cool. Have you started build yet though? It'd be cool to see how you worked out the idea!

Fellow Mitgardians: All beware, the drow are starting to cause trouble. So far no real threads to our realm yet, but you never know!!

@Cara: that's really cool. Have you started build yet though? It'd be cool to see how you worked out the idea!

No, I have to get everything ready for family visiting for the summer now. I might be able to pick between challenge 4 and the modular build, but thats up in the air at the moment. My plan was working from the opposite side of the bridge. Bridge on the right bank on the left, with the buildings on the bridge above - like yours, just the facade but taller, half the arch, stagnant water and debris. Lean-to against the walls of the bridge and shack on the banks with burnt out building above.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyones posts for these two mini challenges.

@Cara: I hope you manage to build your idea :classic:

The pics for my last entry (and thats final :tongue: ) to the mini-challenges will be up tomorrow.

Hello Guildsmen,

I'm out for about a week and will be back to historica after the 27th when we will announce challenge 4! Cheers and looking forward to more fun in GoH!

-SoT

What you can't leave Mitgardia... Well we'll manage :wink: But about the new challenge, did you guys used any of the feedback from the survey?!

There seems to be some trouble brewing in Nocturnus with wanted posters for their great leader and Avalonia declaring war?

What is Mitgardia's stand in this? The rangers did spot some drow on the eastern borders, but they weren't invading or killing so we let them be. We do tend to support Avalonia in this, the drow have been a threat for as long as we can remember and this is a good reason to shut them down once and for all.

There seems to be some trouble brewing in Nocturnus with wanted posters for their great leader and Avalonia declaring war?

What is Mitgardia's stand in this? The rangers did spot some drow on the eastern borders, but they weren't invading or killing so we let them be. We do tend to support Avalonia in this, the drow have been a threat for as long as we can remember and this is a good reason to shut them down once and for all.

I think we should stay out of this as long as Avalonia and loyal Nocturnians manage to supress the drow themselves, a victory for the drow however, could not be accepted! I'm more worried about the Werewolves though, as Yvonnel tries them to march North! So lets keep our borders well protected!!

Greetings Guildsmen,

Jarl Nibelung is currently in the last stages of a diplomatic trip to the south. He will return to oversee this war with the Drow personally in three days. Until then it is his wish that Mitgardians do not engage the Drow unless provoked first. They pose no real threat to us; the real enemies of Historica are far more sinister and we must be ready to face them...

Challenge 4 will not be directly announced Monday, but the prelude for it will be showcased on here in a post by me. Look for that early next week :wink: The lessons learned on the survey have already been implemented in both voting and planning of the next challenges.

Cheers and keep Mitgardia strong! :thumbup:

I think we all need to make a distinction between the drow and Nocturnus in general, remember that the rightful rulers are being usurped here!

:tongue:

Greetings Guildsmen,

Jarl Nibelung is currently in the last stages of a diplomatic trip to the south. He will return to oversee this war with the Drow personally in three days. Until then it is his wish that Mitgardians do not engage the Drow unless provoked first. They pose no real threat to us; the real enemies of Historica are far more sinister and we must be ready to face them...

Challenge 4 will not be directly announced Monday, but the prelude for it will be showcased on here in a post by me. Look for that early next week :wink: The lessons learned on the survey have already been implemented in both voting and planning of the next challenges.

Cheers and keep Mitgardia strong! :thumbup:

Glad to hear the prelude will be up soon, and that the survey is being put to good use :thumbup:

Well, looks like I'm not going to meet the mini-challenges's deadline, on another note, is anybody here into D&D? I recently started playing and i've found that with the monster manual, I will never be at a loss for bad guys ever again.

There were 10 entries in total to the defenses and slums mini-challenge :thumbup: (unless there is a last minute entry)

Are the entries going to be judged by Ecclesiastes, and SoT, just SoT, or just Ecclesiastes?

Blistering staglamites! I'm back from an Artic trip and a cold spell. Seems i've missed a lot of fun here at the guild! Cool entries and wonderful builds all.

Looking forward to a freebuild and challenge 4.

For Mitgardia!

I, Edric Stormborn, swear my allegiance and that of my men to the guild of Mitgardia.

I couldn't post the pictures here, so follow this link to see them: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/325580

Also, I would like to submit two very last minute entries to the Defenses Mini Challenge. See them here: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/325578

I'd like to apologize in advance for the dreadful photo quality here.

Edited by Umbro Stormborn

Well, looks like I'm not going to meet the mini-challenges's deadline, on another note, is anybody here into D&D? I recently started playing and i've found that with the monster manual, I will never be at a loss for bad guys ever again.

I Play with some kids in my neighborhood and it provides some interesting inspiration. ;)

In other news, The Drow have stated that they are attacking us! This will not stand!, I ask you, mighty Jarl, give me the signal, and I and the rest of Mitgardia will march with Avalonia, this threat is growing, with the news that has trickled my way it seems that the Drow have massed an army numbering in the hundreds of thousands! This threat must be crushed!

In other news, The Drow have stated that they are attacking us! This will not stand!, I ask you, mighty Jarl, give me the signal, and I and the rest of Mitgardia will march with Avalonia, this threat is growing, with the news that has trickled my way it seems that the Drow have massed an army numbering in the hundreds of thousands! This threat must be crushed!

"She hired some surfecers with lighter tones of skin, dressed them in green and paid their leaders to make camps in Avalonians forests, and launch raids on Mitgardia. She also hired other groups of humans to do the same, just from Mitgardian soil. And not even the leaders of these bandits new that their employers were Drow, as she used intermediary on intermediary."

The only organised Drowgroups are in Avalonia, not Mitgardia.

In Mitgardia, the drow are infiltrated in bandit-groups. But those already existed in the past in Mitgardia... There is no incline in the number of group of bandits, so that means technically that nothing changed... .

So? it says that they hired men to raid Mitgardia, that is an act of war. I still stand by my previous statement. We need to aid Avalonia in its campaign, the Drow are growing too powerful. its only a matter of time before Yvonnel aligns the whole of the underdark with her, and when it gets to that... it is already too late. So I stay we stand and fight, before they start crawling out of holes in Mitgardia, Kalilphlin is the only Guild that might have any semblance of natural protection, with the sun constantly beating down on you, Mitgardia is overcast 300 days a year! We have more natural caves below us just in a 20 mile radius of Mount Mitgard than in the whole of Avalonia!, once again I repeat my message, we need to strike now. Strike Hard, Strike Fast and end this before anymore traction is gained.

So? it says that they hired men to raid Mitgardia, that is an act of war. I still stand by my previous statement. We need to aid Avalonia in its campaign, the Drow are growing too powerful. its only a matter of time before Yvonnel aligns the whole of the underdark with her, and when it gets to that... it is already too late. So I stay we stand and fight, before they start crawling out of holes in Mitgardia, Kalilphlin is the only Guild that might have any semblance of natural protection, with the sun constantly beating down on you, Mitgardia is overcast 300 days a year! We have more natural caves below us just in a 20 mile radius of Mount Mitgard than in the whole of Avalonia!, once again I repeat my message, we need to strike now. Strike Hard, Strike Fast and end this before anymore traction is gained.

Well said sir!

Have you all forgotten about the crystals? Historica has recovered the four crystals that open the shrine to the most famous and powerful treasure of Historica. Isn't it odd that the Drow are now coming out in force? The finding of the crystals is the most significant thing to happen in centuries and it's a dangerous time as there are many evils that would love to get their hands on them!

Something is wrong, I fear there may well be something sinister on the horizon.

Bad omens, the dark times are coming and we will all be put to the test soon.

Avalonia will be ready, so should you all!

Well said sir!

Have you all forgotten about the crystals? Historica has recovered the four crystals that open the shrine to the most famous and powerful treasure of Historica. Isn't it odd that the Drow are now coming out in force? The finding of the crystals is the most significant thing to happen in centuries and it's a dangerous time as there are many evils that would love to get their hands on them!

(talking about the drow) They pose no real threat to us; the real enemies of Historica are far more sinister and we must be ready to face them...

I only can say this:

Maybe one day, you all will understand why Historica need the Drow as rulers. As we humans and all other creatures (even from the underground) will have the same enemy, an enemy we can't fight on us own...

That moment, every Guild will be on its own, as all other Guilds have their own war to fight or are simply not used to survive in eachothers climate.

All my scouts and spies have the same thing to report: "night is coming"

Edited by DaMaximus

Well said sir!

Hmmmm... I got a lot of info from my men in Elymas. And I think this is just what they want. They want us to come to Nocturnus. There they will have the advantage off knowing the terrain, all their resources will be there and so on. So altough I believe in victory. I will not allow more losses beacuse of seeking the Drow in their lands.

I say if they dare to come to Mitgardia, they will get a warm welcome :devil: We'll probably could fight them off just with snowballs :tongue: This is still what the Jarl wants. If he desides different, I and my men will follow!

I agree with Ecclesiastes, why fight them where they have the advantage? If they come to Mitgardia that is a different story, in the meantime we should be fortifying and preparing.

Edited by soccerkid6