Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Way to go on the Watchtower challenge everyone!

Haltiamieli - that is a really nice homestead you've made. Keep up the great work.

please feel free to comment on my shipyard MOC. The cog itself still needs some construction and will be entered here in the ship mini challange.

Dan and Bushboy congrats on the towers! :classic:

And indeed on this moment we are the best guild according to the king. Let's keep it this way!!

Congrats to our guild, what a wonderful feat! It would be nice to know a bit of the logic how the coins were dispersed, like how much impact did just the top five of each guild have and how much the other entries mattered? If all the entries weighted more than trivially, I think we did especially well in the quality scale, as (if I counted correctly) we had slightly less entries than Avalonia and Kaliphlin.

Good work Mitgardians!

I have to agree with the king, I thought overall your five towers were the most solid as a group from any guild.

I liked busboy's tower a lot, and I thought Dan's was excellent as well.

Ragh!!! Behold, the great... Uh I need a name for it...

lddscreenshot638.png

LXF File: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/MOC/medieval/Historia/moc/contests/Mini-contests/1.lxf

(Need name and story still.)

Isn't that the dreaded Wendigo? The stories I've heard about those fearsome creatures sends shivers down my spine, and not just

cause I'm out standing in the snow.

Isn't that the dreaded Wendigo? The stories I've heard about those fearsome creatures sends shivers down my spine, and not just

cause I'm out standing in the snow.

Maybe it is... I just made it up, but I guess it does look like a Wendigo...

I have been following all the guilds for a while now and I think I'm going to go with Mitgardia. I love our Guild leader's creations...They definetly represent Mitgardia...I will have a sig-fig up soon hopefully, but I'm having difficulty with getting a good quality picture, any tips? I also haven't built legos for a while and I promise you I will post anything that I thinks worth posting...Not a low quality MOC. Congrats with the the Watchtower Challenge!

All hail Mighty Mitgardia! I just want to congratulate the entire guild and region on the overall victory in the first round!

Busboy, a stellar tower that will protect our borders better than any other.

I've already got a few ideas for my Embassy, and I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with in this round!

To answer a few questions:

1) Yes, for mini-challneges I'd say LDD is ok, BUT please use good taste and scale. As these are mini challenges, please don't unleash a monstrous 2000+ part MOC on us. :wink:

Can I make a monstrous 2000+ part MOC in real life for the challenges? :grin:

My character will be up today, with my entry for the first category hopefully set for tomorrow.

Can I make a monstrous 2000+ part MOC in real life for the challenges? :grin:

My character will be up today, with my entry for the first category hopefully set for tomorrow.

But 2000+ isn't that much, when you start building! :sweet:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

But 2000+ isn't that much, when you start building! :sweet:

but already expensive :p

but the result is most times worth it! :classic:

We also bring trade goods with some of the best mead and beer in all Historica.

trade_goods.jpg

That sounds interesting! The Avalonia Trading Company has an embassy under construction in the far North of Midgardia, and from that location we can conduct trade. :sweet: The goods from Avalonia are well known because of their quality.

The Avalonia Trading Company would be honoured to establish a trade route between us!

is it to late to join in the guild?

Nope, welcome to Eurobricks!

Post an introduction and picture with your sig-fig and your good!

Hey, I was thinking that maybe I could make up a whole big, rounded out, detailed story and legend behind the creation of Mitgardia, when i was working on a MOC.

For the first scene I want a massive statue dedicated to the Gods being erected, hundreds-thousands of years in the past. The first known civilization in Mitgardia. Next, I want a large scene, with men fighting the dragons, fighting hopelessly out powered by the dragon, but managing to push most dragons out of our realm. Next, shall be the scene depicting the Legendary Warrior who defeated the drow as the attempted to take Mitgardia as their own home, but he shall defeat them using the power of the ancients, a power none today still possess, the Language of Supernal Beings, like the Dragons. Next we see the great decline, a period of time when civilization became scarce as the Jarl at the time was corrupt and cared not for his people. Finally i shall depict the rise of the New Dynasty, a period of time where a very popular and kind family took the Jarl's throne, and still rules today.

Yes/No?

(of coarse thats just the basics)

Edited by Gondabuggan

Anthony johanson and his block of pikeman pledge their loyal aliance to the great and almighty Jarl.

his block of pikes come from all around Historica united by the flag of Mitgardia ready to fight t'il the end.

380873_365848856763861_100000162489764_1714479_325624783_n.jpg

375446_365848890097191_100000162489764_1714480_1500784725_n.jpg

here we see Anthony himself carrying the standard colours of Mitgardia into battle

400152_365848930097187_100000162489764_1714482_39642559_n.jpg

Hey, I was thinking that maybe I could make up a whole big, rounded out, detailed story and legend behind the creation of Mitgardia, when i was working on a MOC.

For the first scene I want a massive statue dedicated to the Gods being erected, hundreds-thousands of years in the past. The first known civilization in Mitgardia. Next, I want a large scene, with men fighting the dragons, fighting hopelessly out powered by the dragon, but managing to push most dragons out of our realm. Next, shall be the scene depicting the Legendary Warrior who defeated the drow as the attempted to take Mitgardia as their own home, but he shall defeat them using the power of the ancients, a power none today still possess, the Language of Supernal Beings, like the Dragons. Next we see the great decline, a period of time when civilization became scarce as the Jarl at the time was corrupt and cared not for his people. Finally i shall depict the rise of the New Dynasty, a period of time where a very popular and kind family took the Jarl's throne, and still rules today.

Yes/No?

That's friggen great!

Hello Guildsmen!

As has been already stated, congratulations are in order for we have won the First Challenge! :grin:

Not only did Mitgardia win the highest overall score, but it's creations accounted for 1/3 of the top 6 entrees!

I am immensely proud of our achievement; it was a group effort, as all towers were considered in calculating our guild's overall score!

Let's keep this up in round two with the embassy challenge!

Yes/No?

It would be great to have a creation story like that, just make sure you treat it like a Legend, not actual events. Early on the guild leaders decided that gods of any sort will not be actual participants in events of Historica. But if it's something like the Greek or Norse Myths, then I say go for it! :wink:

Anthony johanson and his block of pikeman pledge their loyal alliance to the great and almighty Jarl.

his block of pikes come from all around Historica united by the flag of Mitgardia ready to fight t'il the end.

Welcome to the Guild! Great to have you, I assure you you have chosen wisely! :thumbup:

It would be great to have a creation story like that, just make sure you treat it like a Legend, not actual events. Early on the guild leaders decided that gods of any sort will not be actual participants in events of Historica. But if it's something like the Greek or Norse Myths, then I say go for it! :wink:

Well if thats a problem (The first one) then i can leave that part out or have it be statues in the likeness of... heroes? Something Else?

And after all, the drow seem to have a pretty big and complex religious thing going on ;)

{Omurtag | C3} -------------------------------------------------------------- {???} --------------------------------------------------- {...} --------------------------------------- {Dwarven Citadel, North} ---------------------------------------------- {???}

Saw this in the City guide... might i be able to use it as my own town thing? (The history will revolve around it maybe?)

Happy new year to everyone! Its been a busy time for me (new job, moving to the big city etc) but I have the internet set up at last. Noticed theres been a few inquiries as to building locations, I shall be updating the map at the end of the month to reflect the addition of a few more settlements, please PM me if you have any queries. Also check out my little thread where I've tried to compile as much info as I can about Mitgardia.

@Gondabuggan I think it would be best if Omurtag remained property of the Jarl/a free-build city (along with Valholl and the Royal Port of Erikson). Just because its the largest dwarf city in the land and an economic powerhouse of Mitgardia - perhaps too much for one person to tackle alone and provides a great resource/focal point for all memebers wishing to have a go at Dwarven Mocs. Feel free to build there though!

I have been working on a little legend of my own actually, the tale of Magnus Mitgard, a legendary warrior who slew the King of the Giants and lead the first norse settlers into Mitgardia. I have a MOC built but I have to move it from my parents house to my new place without it falling apart :hmpf_bad:

Congratulations to everyone who contributed in the first round and helped the guild do so well. And also to those that have built some great MOCs since then.

@SOT Love the latest Rise of the Magi installment, the tale is really starting to come along nicely.

EDIT: Also a big welcome to more new memebers, glad to have you in Mitgardia, pull up a chair by the fire, have some mead, some wild boar perhaps? Mitgardia can be a challenging land to build in but thats what makes us and our MOCs strong! :tongue:

Edited by Viceroy

Happy new year to everyone! Its been a busy time for me (new job, moving to the big city etc) but I have the internet set up at last. Noticed theres been a few inquiries as to building locations, I shall be updating the map at the end of the month to reflect the addition of a few more settlements, please PM me if you have any queries. Also check out my little thread where I've tried to compile as much info as I can about Mitgardia.

@Gondabuggan I think it would be best if Omurtag remained property of the Jarl/a free-build city (along with Valholl and the Royal Port of Erikson). Just because its the largest dwarf city in the land and an economic powerhouse of Mitgardia - perhaps too much for one person to tackle alone and provides a great resource/focal point for all memebers wishing to have a go at Dwarven Mocs. Feel free to build there though!

I have been working on a little legend of my own actually, the tale of Magnus Mitgard, a legendary warrior who slew the King of the Giants and lead the first norse settlers into Mitgardia. I have a MOC built but I have to move it from my parents house to my new place without it falling apart :hmpf_bad:

Congratulations to everyone who contributed in the first round and helped the guild do so well. And also to those that have built some great MOCs since then.

@SOT Love the latest Rise of the Magi installment, the tale is really starting to come along nicely.

EDIT: Also a big welcome to more new memebers, glad to have you in Mitgardia, pull up a chair by the fire, have some mead, some wild boar perhaps? Mitgardia can be a challenging land to build in but thats what makes us and our MOCs strong! :tongue:

Ahhh i see, i just saw that it was open and was dwarven, fitting into what I've been building lately. :P