I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

can i sign up for nocturnus or is it too late just got a acount

Right now, you can join any guild except for Avalonia, so Nocturnus is fine. Welcome to EB. :classic:

I would like to join the guild of Kaliphlin. I just joined Eurobricks, so let me know if this is alright!

I would like to join the guild of Kaliphlin. I just joined Eurobricks, so let me know if this is alright!

Greetings Kayne, I cannot speak for Lord Dextrus Flagg but I think you are more than welcome. Please create a sigfig (army optional) showing the guilds colours, dark blue (normal blue is alright if you don't have dark) and normal red then post in the Kaliphlin guild's thread with a short story then moc away! :classic:

Hey All, a friend of mine told me I should check this site out and I'm glad I did. You guys have some wonderful MOCs displayed and a cool premise to go along with them. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the works coming from the members here.

I was wondering if there is any room in Historica for Privateers, not really belonging to any one guild but traveling to all of them? I was thinking it would be cool to do ship and crew sailing around looking for work (sort of like Firefly but not in space). So if you need goods (legal or otherwise) shipped you could call on this crew to do the job.

Hey All, a friend of mine told me I should check this site out and I'm glad I did. You guys have some wonderful MOCs displayed and a cool premise to go along with them. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the works coming from the members here.

I was wondering if there is any room in Historica for Privateers, not really belonging to any one guild but traveling to all of them? I was thinking it would be cool to do ship and crew sailing around looking for work (sort of like Firefly but not in space). So if you need goods (legal or otherwise) shipped you could call on this crew to do the job.

Well, your profile fits exactly for a Kaliphlin trader. As somewhat oldest Guild (check the history of Kaliphlin in our thread (last posts)), we got the respect of the other 3 Guilds for our wisdom and tradeart. Our merchants are welcome in almost every place in every Guild. And as we have such a good relations with all 3 other Guilds, we will probably the last Guild who will be at war.

So if you sign in for Kaliphlin, you will be a part of a Guild, famous for its traders and in times where the future becomes darker and darker, it is certainly a good thing being part of a Guild who will protect you

Well, your profile fits exactly for a Kaliphlin trader. As somewhat oldest Guild (check the history of Kaliphlin in our thread (last posts)), we got the respect of the other 3 Guilds for our wisdom and tradeart. Our merchants are welcome in almost every place in every Guild. And as we have such a good relations with all 3 other Guilds, we will probably the last Guild who will be at war.

So if you sign in for Kaliphlin, you will be a part of a Guild, famous for its traders and in times where the future becomes darker and darker, it is certainly a good thing being part of a Guild who will protect you

I did some reading up on Kaliphlin Guild and while I had originally not planned on doing any land structures I do like their building policy. It did give me some ideas that my Samurai and Ninjas could find a home there and it could give me chance to try some Oriental style structures. If darker days are coming having some guild protection would not hurt and it seems like there will be plenty of "work" chances for a ship captain that doesn't ask too many questions. I'll see what I have and can put together and then go from there.

there will be plenty of "work" chances for a ship captain that doesn't ask too many questions.

Not asking too many difficult questions is our specialty in Kaliphlin! Of course, some of the other guilds say that's because we only have sand between our ears...

As a privateer, you'd actually be one of the more honest and upstanding members of the guild. Most of our members probably have more checkered backgrounds than that...

I did some reading up on Kaliphlin Guild and while I had originally not planned on doing any land structures I do like their building policy. It did give me some ideas that my Samurai and Ninjas could find a home there and it could give me chance to try some Oriental style structures. If darker days are coming having some guild protection would not hurt and it seems like there will be plenty of "work" chances for a ship captain that doesn't ask too many questions. I'll see what I have and can put together and then go from there.

Seafarers, Ninjas and Samurai are all very welcome in Kaliphlin. If you don`t ask us questions about why we want dragontooth and devil`s bone, we won`t ask you where you got it, capice?

My character is actually a former privateer too, and orchestrates a pretty large fleet of privateers... er, I mean tradesmen. (sort of like Jean Laffite and the Baratraian Pirates of New Orleans fame.) So I think we can accept you with pretty open arms!

Thank you guys for all the comments and recommendations. It sounds like Kaliphlin is the guild for me.

Not asking too many difficult questions is our specialty in Kaliphlin! Of course, some of the other guilds say that's because we only have sand between our ears...

As a privateer, you'd actually be one of the more honest and upstanding members of the guild. Most of our members probably have more checkered backgrounds than that...

I can assure you that I don't have sand between my ears...all the sea water in there flushes it out.

I may not end up with too checkered of a past (still writing the final version of the story in my head) but I'm not too worried about getting a checkered future.

Seafarers, Ninjas and Samurai are all very welcome in Kaliphlin. If you don`t ask us questions about why we want dragontooth and devil`s bone, we won`t ask you where you got it, capice?

My signature character will be the seafarer and more than willing to try to help you out with that dragontooth (as long as I don't have to fight the dragon to get it) and that devil's bone even it means a trip into Nocturnus (yikes). I do have some of the older samurai and ninjas along with a few of the newer ninjas that I could use to start a small towns population and may even get the bug to make a little port and some buildings eventually.

My character is actually a former privateer too, and orchestrates a pretty large fleet of privateers... er, I mean tradesmen. (sort of like Jean Laffite and the Baratraian Pirates of New Orleans fame.) So I think we can accept you with pretty open arms!

I don't think I'll ever get to Admiral status with a fleet but if you ever need an "independent contractor" to take on a shipment you may need to deny later, you know who to call.

I have noticed most people (in all of the guilds) use yellow minifigs and I'm hoping that is just because they are more common. I've seen some forums where fleshy (peachies) are looked down upon as mutants and outcast. From what I've read so far I'm pretty sure that is not the case here but if it is then be prepared because I'll be bringing in some fleshy minifigs.

I have noticed most people (in all of the guilds) use yellow minifigs and I'm hoping that is just because they are more common. I've seen some forums where fleshy (peachies) are looked down upon as mutants and outcast. From what I've read so far I'm pretty sure that is not the case here but if it is then be prepared because I'll be bringing in some fleshy minifigs.

No problem there. Kaliphlin accepts all races and creatures, even fleshies. We'd even accept Friends :wink:

My 'army' (such as it is) is probably about half fleshie anyway...

No problem there. Kaliphlin accepts all races and creatures, even fleshies. We'd even accept Friends :wink:

Same here :D

In Kaliphlin all races comes together to trade!

I even got a drow, fleshies, Avalonian, Mitgardian, dwarve, forestman, ... knighted in my army!

we are multicultural as we have seen many places and sometimes stayed their or took soldiers from there back home!

Most of my modern stuff is fleshie, it doesn't really bother me, other than when I try to customize figs, finding cheap flesh hands are the worst. But I have no problem with them side by side, I always imagined them just different pigmentations.

Now friends... that would be an interesting army. Maybe brickforge will make some Friends armor? hahaha.

Most of my modern stuff is fleshie, it doesn't really bother me, other than when I try to customize figs, finding cheap flesh hands are the worst. But I have no problem with them side by side, I always imagined them just different pigmentations.

Now friends... that would be an interesting army. Maybe brickforge will make some Friends armor? hahaha.

I dunno...

Friends would be only interesting for slaverygirls, but my haremplace of my palace is already overcrowded, such as the slaverymarket has already so many candidateslaves it are 1+1 free sales atm...

so as long as the LOTR minifigs are not friends-alike, I'll let them in the toyshops :D

btw, LOTR will us provide many many many new fleshies :p

We'd even accept Friends :wink:

I don't think I could accept myself if I bought any Friends set...way too much pink in there to feel the least bit manly. I think if I came home with a Friends set all my minifigs would come to life and pull a Gulliver's Travels scene on me. I can just imagine them trying to kill me with their little swords, axes and spears after making me watch them melt the Friends down into little plastic puddles. And if someone has the time to make a YouTube, stop-motion video of their Lego minifigs doing that please send me the link.

btw, LOTR will us provide many many many new fleshies :p

My friend who told me about this site is all about staying yellow (except for skeletons and "demons"). Once I heard that LotR sets were going to be made I decided it was time to embrace the flesh.

Edited by Odin's son Fred

Hey guys, I'm actually looking forward to Lotr because of the new weapons etc and under these circumstances I can make an acception for fleshies, but I do like sticking to yellow minifigs for mocs and stuff, but I do tend to see them as outcasts in my own collection but I have no problems with other people using them in their mocs. It's just personal preferences really. I already have Pop, IJ, HP and Potc characters and sets, just a few though :tongue: for overpriced extra bits I use BL. IMO I can't see how Friends figs would work unless you put a sheet over them and say they're ghosts.

Cheers.

I don't think I could accept myself if I bought any Friends set...way too much pink in there to feel the least bit manly.

I'm not planning on getting any Friends sets. But I'm sure some of my male minifigures wouldn't turn down a date with a figure that actually had some curves and breasts! :wink:

And if someone has the time to make a YouTube, stop-motion video of their Lego minifigs doing that please send me the link.

I'm sure someone will do something like that. They're probably working on it as I write this. I imagine there are plenty of funny stop-motion videos involving Friends minidolls already on Youtube.

My friend who told me about this site is all about staying yellow (except for skeletons and "demons"). Once I heard that LotR sets were going to be made I decided it was time to embrace the flesh.

Yeah I started all-yellow, but you just cut yourself out of too many good minifigs and sets that way, and the kids don't care, so we abandoned that stance pretty quickly.

I don't think I could accept myself if I bought any Friends set...way too much pink in there to feel the least bit manly. I think if I came home with a Friends set all my minifigs would come to life and pull a Gulliver's Travels scene on me. I can just imagine them trying to kill me with their little swords, axes and spears after making me watch them melt the Friends down into little plastic puddles. And if someone has the time to make a YouTube, stop-motion video of their Lego minifigs doing that please send me the link.

Wow, the power of a tiny bit of pink plastic, that it can incite insurrection like that! :laugh: I understand though, that kitten in the treehouse set truly is scary... :wink:

Seriously though, i wouldn't go melting any figs, that s**t can give off some toxic fumes.

Wow, the power of a tiny bit of pink plastic, that it can incite insurrection like that! :laugh: I understand though, that kitten in the treehouse set truly is scary... :wink:

Seriously though, i wouldn't go melting any figs, that s**t can give off some toxic fumes.

If my Yellows didn't way out number my Fleshies there would have been trouble when the Fleshies started showing up in my collection. Thankfully, some of the newer Yellows had printing on the front and back of their torsos or they would have been jealous of the Fleshies. Fortunately a peaceful resolution was made before all out war started (now they just have planned battles to blow off steam).

In all seriousness you are correct that burning the plastic Friends (or most any plastic for that matter) does give off toxic fumes. I wouldn't seriously burn and Friends at the stake (mainly because I wouldn't spend the money to get any...but that is beside the point) but it is funny to joke about.

As a Mitgardian Bard passed by in my city of Mpya Stedor for telling the tales of Mitgardia, my history-writer-monk writed it down next to our Kaliphlin history. The tales are not detailed yet, but the Historica-history can been seen like this:

(as nobody exactly used data, he used the data he thinks would be right. Of course those will be slightly different of data of some other scientists)

More than 6000 years ago:

- The powerful race of the Druids lived in the regions of nowadays Avalonia. They are the first signs of life in this continent. Only remainings of their temples and shrines can be found with drawings of their rituals.

4000 years ago:

- The last of the Druids died. The Spell Of Peace And Protection is cast and buried in a mysterious shrine, still not found.

3500 years ago:

- Being banned from the surfaces of other continents, the Drow starts construction of it's first mayor city inside the Rakath Mountains. Living under the surface for the next 1200 years.

- All kinds of mysterious creatures are living on the surface of the continent.

3400 years ago:

- Elves arriving at the continent in their crusade against the Drow, starting a tribe in the forrests.

3000 years ago:

- Some traders from another continent arrives at the Great Southern Grasslands (nowadays Kaliphlin). They are nomads so they come and go. Only a few of them stays here to start a new nomad life.

2700 years ago:

- Elves finally found a Drow city. Start of many Elves-Drows wars in our continent.

2500 years ago:

- A few nomads decides to construct a city somewhere in the Great Southern Grasslands. They call it Kaligem and call themselves Kaliphlins.

2300 years ago:

- After 400 years of war, the resources of the Drow starts to being empty. The current Drow-lord starts with conquering nowadays Nocturnus. At this moment a green area with many vegetation.

2000 years ago:

- The first known civilization in Mitgardia with men fighting the dragons, fighting hopelessly out powered by the dragon, but managing to push most dragons out of our realm.

- The city of Kaligem is getting more and more fame across the globe as wealth rained for the residents of the city and the Kaliphlins decided to make a second wall, defended by golden towers.

- Nocturnus is getting darker and darker as the Drow together with the Dragons are adapting the region to their needs.

- Drow starts with conquering rest of Historica

1900 years ago:

- Drows conquered the last big Elves city. The surviving Elves lived as outlaws in the forrests, hiding for Drow-patrols.

1800 years ago:

- the Legendary Warrior who defeated the drow as the attempted to take Mitgardia as their own home, but he shall defeat them using the power of the ancients, a power none today still possess, the Language of Supernal Beings, like the Dragons. He was given the title of Jarl, and is leader of the Northern Lands of Mitgardia.

- Failed siege of Kaligem by the Drows. The Kaliphlins constructs the major temple for Bonash, their deity to thank him for their victory.

- The Drow are banned to their cities under the Rakath Mountains again. Drow Raids in every part of Historica starts.

1500 years ago:

- the great decline of Mitgardia, a period of time when civilization became scarce as the Jarl at the time was corrupt and cared not for his people.

- Santani Bela'Sti Fi'Ru of the House of Santani is the new Lord of Kaliphlin. He starts spreading the wealth of Kaligem throughout the continent and starts conquering Historica.

1400 years ago:

- Kaliphlin conquered almost all of nowadays Historica. Cedrica is founded to make a more central capital.

1350 years ago:

- Kaliphlin starts the siege of the last holdout not yet conquered, the Darkland Bastion Everlast in the East, leader of the army is Santani b'Rack Ji'Fall. His son Santani Ar'Mani Ji'Teel decided to transport the wealth of Kaligem to Cedrica.

1345 years ago:

- Everlast falled as the enemy disappeared. Kaliphlin controls now all of Historica.

- the God Bonash and the God Ashroth starts the siege of Kaligem as revenge for all the wealth deported to Cedrica. The residents started offering all their wealth at once and even people to please Bonash again.

- Bonash and Ashroths starts fighting eachother. Ashroth has been killed and Bonash heavily injured and one of their magic waves casted a hugh standstorm allover Kaligem, making Kaligem disappear from the map. The Great Southern Grasslands are transformed into a hot desert.

1300 years ago:

- Due the fall of Kaligem, Kaliphlin was not able anymore to control Historica, new factions arrised and they started fighting eachother. Thousand years of war started.

200 years ago:

- the rise of the New Mitgardian Dynasty, a period of time where a very popular and kind family took the Jarl's throne, and still rules today.

120 years ago:

- The Avalonia guild conquered the Western region of the continent. The tribe of Elves pledged their alliance to the house of Rex.

102 years ago:

- The western region of the continent was finally reunited under one flag: the flag of Avalonia.

100 years ago:

-Origins of Historica

The bard’s song tells a tale of a world long forgotten,

Race against race, clan against clan, shields clashed with swords; long ago when Men of the Lion fought Men of the Falcon, and human armies succumbed to Orcs and undead. Each group clashed with its neighbor for power, unleashing upon the world a great scourge, and the arcane land was thrown into chaos. When it all seemed but lost, a council of wise men and sages was summoned. From all the lands they came to convene in the old world’s great city; the fortress of Cedrica.

To settle the grievance and end a millennium of bloodshed, the sages declined all the treaties of old and joined all the clans into one mighty Kingdom; Historica. They founded the Four Great Regions- each one a realm in itself; - Mitgardia in the North, Nocturnus in the East, Kaliphlin in the South and Avalonia in the West, so that trade routes would spring up and clans would meet in the markets and not in the theatre of war. The wise men chose a family of great honor, to uphold the truce and to keep the four guilds from dispute, and descendants of that mighty kin to this day rule the Central lands of Historica. So goes the legend. For ten decades the races of old have migrated and spread through the world, following the trade routes, establishing cultures and prospering towns.

Today

- it is a world of wonder and natural beauty; a realm where a man and a woman may find peace. But peace is short lived…

Treacherous assassins have tried to murder the King! The capital is in shock and there will be repercussions; the Four Regions assemble their forces as the balance of power shifts, and blame is passed around. For the first time in a century, the guilds of Historica build up old defenses and prepare for the inevitable confrontation; everything hangs in the balance, and Historica is on the verge of chaos once more…

Guildsmen; this is the world you inhabit, this is the place where you will make your fortune, build a mighty empire and battle for the glory and honor of the banner…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note:

stories:

- I Scream Clone (Historica)

- Gondabuggan (Mitgardia)

- SkaForHire (Kaliphlin)

- Damaximus (Nocturnus)

- Derfel_Cadarn (Avalonia)

It's up to Avalonia and Nocturnus to put their history too somewhere!

Edited by DaMaximus

edited the timeline with the history of Avalonia found at their first post ;)

I picked up a $5.00 friends set with some TRU cash (so it only cost me a dollar (It would have cost me at least a couple of bucks on Bricklink, so I came out ahead :tongue: ) and I gotta say, I was disappointed with the hairpiece. I don't want all my female figs to have "big hair" so I guess I'll be passing on these unless I decide to do a retro MOC someday. (I doubt I will) It was definitely worth the dollar to find out, so I can just ignore all those friends sets.

I picked up a $5.00 friends set with some TRU cash (so it only cost me a dollar (It would have cost me at least a couple of bucks on Bricklink, so I came out ahead :tongue: ) and I gotta say, I was disappointed with the hairpiece. I don't want all my female figs to have "big hair" so I guess I'll be passing on these unless I decide to do a retro MOC someday. (I doubt I will) It was definitely worth the dollar to find out, so I can just ignore all those friends sets.

All the pink bricks in the sets were enough to let me know to ignore them.

Nothing against pink bricks, but there are no MOCs I could use them in since there are not Fairy Princesses in my collection.