Sign in to follow this  
Praiter Yed

Attack of the Wilja

TOP SECRET

For MCW eyes only

Date: 13th September 2099

The following transmissions have been compiled in chronological order.

Transmission from Commander Frank Bowman:

OK, I'm at the hydroponic pod now, it looks OK from out-here, wait, the air-lock is open, that's weird, XXXX, there's something alive out here, what the XXXX. Is that you Freeman, XXXX!!! (Apart from Bowman's breathing there is a moment of silence as he discharges his weapon). I think I just killed Freeman Lovell, or what's left of him. I'm bringing him in. Set up a Level 42 quarantine.

Recording of Doctor Helena McCoye's Preliminary Report:

Early tests show that the body has gone through a radical transformation, in layman's terms the human tissue is providing both food and the raw genetic material to create a new organism. Lovell is no longer human, his DNA has completely altered and is remarkably similar that of the Earth potato. Just one more thing, the use of energy weapons has speeded up the process, the creature is still ali... (Audio ends)

Transmission from Professor Hans Chandra, Chief Science Officer, Moon Base Beta:

Earth base, I hope you're receiving this... 4 Hours ago one of our Hydroponic Experimentation Pods received an alien signal, I've traced it to somewhere beyond the Maris Piper Nebula. This transmission has activated genetic mutation in some of our vegetable crops and either by accident or design caused our chief botanist, Freeman Lovell, to, I don't know, let's say; alienate. Doctor McCoye ran some tests and I've included her preliminary report within this transmission, XXX, I hope she's OK.

I'm taking a military team over to the hydroponics bay 51, we lost contact with them around 2 hours ago. I fear the worst. If I don't survive this, you need to know, this is an invasion, I've discovered a message hidden in the data stream;

"This is the voice of the Wilja. We have observed you boiling, mashing and putting our Earth bound brethren in stews for too long. Never have you heeded our warnings, and now you will pay the price. Now it is you who shall be consumed! BTW resistance is futile"

We're here. No! Don't open them yet. Stop, put your weapons down.

...My God, it's full of spores....

Transmission ends.

6273463579_41aa8c7c0e_b.jpg

6270061741_2093742625_b.jpg

6270592354_213d02b442.jpg

6270061915_97703eb05b_b.jpg

6273464087_7bf7a1ddfa_b.jpg

I've only used materials I already owned for this so it's not really cost me anything. If I were to take a guess for someone who doesn't have any decal papers varnish, parts etc to make this I'd go for around £25.

I hope to add one more image if I have time and update my flickr asap.

More in my flickr.

I think I've had more fun with this classic space adventure than any when I was a kid, hope you enjoy it too :wink:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Interesting concept, Praiter Yed.

I was worried for that lovely Classic Space golden logo torso for a moment, then I noticed it's all a new decal :laugh:

What did you do to that poor helmet? :laugh: Great figure and good luck in the contest!

Hello!

That's a very original idea! :classic: The use of the spine as a tentacle arm is perfect. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

:wub: That is one amazing custom!

The green and the red really compliments each other :sweet:

Thanks ceroknight.

Interesting concept, Praiter Yed.

Thanks Luxor V. My original idea was to use an actual potato, paint a face on it and add minifig legs, arms and maybe some horns/foliage but I decided I'd probably fall foul of the 51% Lego rule :grin: .

I was worried for that lovely Classic Space golden logo torso for a moment, then I noticed it's all a new decal :laugh:

You were right to be worried. I did use a Classic Space torso but I found one that the Logo had almost completely faded away. Even then I was so sentimental I couldn't Brasso it - so I turned the torso round, the logo is still under the oxygen tank. A pointless exercise as I had to bore out the arm hole anyway, this torso will never have two arms again :cry_sad: .

What did you do to that poor helmet? :laugh: Great figure and good luck in the contest!

Don't worry K-nut, I found a helmet that was already broken and just broke it some more :laugh: . And, thanks.

Hello!

That's a very original idea! :classic: The use of the spine as a tentacle arm is perfect. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you Legostein.

Very... crisp!

Seriously, very well done on the decals and the accompanying story.

this one looks great! amazing vignette, and great use of purist parts for the arm. Sure has the 'lego' feel to a zombies in space outbreak. Goodluck for the contest!

Very... crisp!

Seriously, very well done on the decals and the accompanying story.

Thanks SilentMode. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say thanks for the advice you gave on dry-rub decals in my earlier topic (which I didn't want to bump at the time of your reply). It was largely down to your comments that I purchased some and have used it here for the face and torso. :thumbup:

That face is my favorite part, excellent job.

this one looks great! amazing vignette, and great use of purist parts for the arm. Sure has the 'lego' feel to a zombies in space outbreak. Goodluck for the contest!

Thank you both. I looked at the Lego Zombie mouth for reference when designing the face :wink: .

I definitely like this customization, because it keeps the LEGO style (as in "This could come from an actual set") and still is something completely original. The Lovecraftian look of the fig is expertly done, and it is one of the finest figs I have seen in a while.

I LOVE the background story, because it channels several SciFi/Horror Stories from the beginning of the genre. It is at the same time trashy, tasteful and funny.

Thumbs up.

The vignette looks cool. I especially like the plants behind the windows. They actually look quite menacing, once you get into the story. Yeah, I totally like the story, why do you ask?

Very cool, I like how it's starting to pop out of his uniform. Reminds me a bit of the fella from District 9.

I definitely like this customization, because it keeps the LEGO style (as in "This could come from an actual set") and still is something completely original. The Lovecraftian look of the fig is expertly done, and it is one of the finest figs I have seen in a while.

I LOVE the background story, because it channels several SciFi/Horror Stories from the beginning of the genre. It is at the same time trashy, tasteful and funny.

Thumbs up.

The vignette looks cool. I especially like the plants behind the windows. They actually look quite menacing, once you get into the story. Yeah, I totally like the story, why do you ask?

Thanks Zyniker. I try to make my customs look as much like 'proper' Lego as I possibly can so it's cool that you think I have been successful. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed the story, yes it is 'trashy' :sweet: and very derivative, I very much enjoyed cramming all the sci-fi references in there.

Very cool, I like how it's starting to pop out of his uniform. Reminds me a bit of the fella from District 9.

Thanks Legocrazy. I was thinking about what aliens 'take-over' a body; at first I thought 'The Thing, Body Snatchers', but then I remembered that they were duplicates, the only one I could think of similar to this was not an alien as such... The Fly. I totally forgot about the guy from District 9 :hmpf:

EDIT: I've remembered 2 more similar aliens from; The Quatermass Experiment and the 1976 Doctor Who serial, The Seeds of Doom.

Edited by Praiter Yed