I Scream Clone

New Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

There has been no official LOTR announcement. Only rumors.

It is hard to guess what is next for castle, but judging from the rumors and what has happened before I like to think we will get more kingdoms sets in 2012 as well as LOTR!

Has there been a comparable case of an elaborate Part in an expensive set that everywhere wants, such as the black horse barding in the joust? I have plans for a regiment which would need 4 of these and I am trying to estimate the costs in bricklink... What do you think? More like 7 Euro or more like 15 per piece?

Has there been a comparable case of an elaborate Part in an expensive set that everywhere wants, such as the black horse barding in the joust? I have plans for a regiment which would need 4 of these and I am trying to estimate the costs in bricklink... What do you think? More like 7 Euro or more like 15 per piece?

Well, the cows are popular pieces, although there were two per set and the sets only cost ~$100, not $150. So, if you figure relative rarity of the barding is three times that of a cow (given the cost and # differences), I'd estimate Bricklink prices will start ~$20 and stabilize around $15 per barding.

On the other hand, the lion barding in 7946 can be had for ~$4, so that would intimate ~$6 for the joust barding. However, I think we can all agree the price will be considerably higher than that.

This set will be available in Europe on the 26th of December though L@H or a Lego Brand Store!

Dang would have been nice for X-mas :wub:

Edited by grogall

This set will be available in Europe on the 26th of December though L@H or a Lego Brand Store!

Dang would have been nice for X-mas :wub:

I'm suprised its coming out so early. I guess TLG's hand is being forced sometimes to bring stuff forward when things are leaked etc?

Will be nice to see what people do with this set and MOCing it, or including it in displays etc.

I'm suprised its coming out so early. I guess TLG's hand is being forced sometimes to bring stuff forward when things are leaked etc?

Will be nice to see what people do with this set and MOCing it, or including it in displays etc.

What does this have to do with leaks? There was an official announcement as early as October. It's a January release, so is it that bizarre for it to be pushed up a single week?

What does this have to do with leaks? There was an official announcement as early as October. It's a January release, so is it that bizarre for it to be pushed up a single week?

Yep - It's only going to be out a few days earlier than expected, so no big deal.

Nice looking set, though - I've even gone and bought the Kingdoms Castle set in readiness....

D.

Edited by drdavewatford

Nice looking set, though - I've even gone and bought the Kingdoms Castle set in readiness....

Seems like a lot of people are leaning this way. Makes me wonder why the castle is sold out on LEGO shop at home...

I am sure LEGO has a strategy though. They are not stupid. I just wanna know what it is :wink:

I wonder what our chances are of seeing this on the 26th here in the US. Definitely would head up to Mall of America on Monday to pick this up. Merry Christmas to me! :laugh:

Seems like a lot of people are leaning this way. Makes me wonder why the castle is sold out on LEGO shop at home...

I am sure LEGO has a strategy though. They are not stupid. I just wanna know what it is :wink:

The castle is sold out because Kingdoms is being discontinued. Both it and the MMV will be in the Exclusive section in LEGO Stores soon.

Funny - I always thought of this set as an alternative to the Kingdoms Castle. Those two towers are pretty imposing and I think they can act as a castle-ish background nicely. Anyway, with this Joust set coming, I don't mind that I didn't buy the Castle.

Edited by Stiel

Funny - I always thought of this set as an alternative to the Kingdoms Castle. Those two towers are pretty imposing and I think they can act as a castle-ish background nicely. Anyway, with this Joust set coming, I don't mind that I didn't buy the Castle.

With the different ways to configure the Castle, I think the Joust set will couple with it very well.

so the release for this is 5 days away ??

Indeed. December 26th is ticking ever closer!

Edit: post 1234. I can count. :tongue:

Edited by Legocrazy81

I hope that I didn´t act like a silly guy ordering a Pet Shop and a Camper Van instead of a Pet Shop, and the Kingdom Joust... But I had no option... I think If I would took the second option, my order could be delayed until a week after Christmas... :)

I hope it comes out on the 26th or the 27th in America. I will probably check my local store out on those days...though both Lego stores in Denver said it comes out in January, I just hope it's sooner!

Then again, if it is a January release (Say like the 1st) for the stores, that might give me some extra time to acquire some more funds for what will be a very costly but fun purchase day.

Edited by tiggerkiddo

Crazy question, but would this connect with the King's Castle? The end parts look like they could plug in with the castle, at any rate. I wonder how they'd look merged...

Looks like it does. I think the two would look good together since they have all the same pieces and colors. As amazing as this set is I don't even think I am gonna build it. I just want the pieces!

Crazy question, but would this connect with the King's Castle? The end parts look like they could plug in with the castle, at any rate. I wonder how they'd look merged...

Possibly, but then you would get a huge hole in your castle wall where the joust archway is - not the smartest defense design! :laugh:

Possibly, but then you would get a huge hole in your castle wall where the joust archway is - not the smartest defense design! :laugh:

It's all a ploy to lure the enemy in. While, on the other side, a regiment laying in wait. Choke point. :wink: