skyliner

Vector W8 Super car Instructions

I have now completed a set of pdf instructions for the vector W8. It is a 12 part modular build.

here to buy:

My link

Edited by skyliner

Your Countach > Your Vector

I am thinking about buying one of those(instructions to either one of them), perhaps later on when I get tired of looking at my current Legos and my wife stops nagging me about finding them a proper place.

Amazing cars by the way, hope you do great with the instructions sale :)

Cheers.

Hi,

Are you also providing a part list? it isn't clear from the description

(I am not talking about a PDF part list, but rather a text file that can be imported into bricklink)

Nice model. Great you have the instructions. I will definitely buy a copy when I am done with Nathanael's Concept Car pirate_thumbup.gif

I am tempted to get these, very nice model

Same here! It looks cool and it's yellow instead of red default_laugh_new.gif

Cool Car! The only thing that I don't like very much is all of the places that are only catching a half a stud of axle length on the suspension. Seems very easy to work itself loose. Especially when you are talking about something that moves about like suspension does. :classic:

2,500 views in 24 hours? *huh*

...are these instructions photos of the building steps or actual instructions like Nathanael Kuipers' Concept car?

Since I just bought and downloaded Skyliner's 5-part PDF instructions, I can say that these are "actual instructions". The typical instruction page consists of three closeup photos (stacked top-to-bottom on the left side of the sheet), with helpful arrows and numerals pointing to key areas. On the right side of each page, there appears an inset photo of the parts & quantities you need for each step, just like one would see on the official Lego building instructions. The combination works quite well. :thumbup:

Edited by DLuders

How many parts btw? ~1500...?

Using a calculator and Skyliner's 3-page visual Parts List, I counted 1,463 parts for his Vector W8 model (which looks pretty close to the real thing):

800px-VectorW8.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Hi,

Are you also providing a part list? it isn't clear from the description

(I am not talking about a PDF part list, but rather a text file that can be imported into bricklink)

i will create a excel parts file for import.

2,500 views in 24 hours? *huh*

Skyliner, are these instructions photos of the building steps or actual instructions like Nathanael Kuipers' Concept car?

Hi

They are CAD enhanced photo steps in sequence, with 3D CAD parts required graphics, not a 3D graphics CAD file, so unlike the concept car i guess, but do the job fine.

Your Countach > Your Vector

I am thinking about buying one of those(instructions to either one of them), perhaps later on when I get tired of looking at my current Legos and my wife stops nagging me about finding them a proper place.

Amazing cars by the way, hope you do great with the instructions sale :)

Cheers.

thanks!

Cool Car! The only thing that I don't like very much is all of the places that are only catching a half a stud of axle length on the suspension. Seems very easy to work itself loose. Especially when you are talking about something that moves about like suspension does. :classic:

thanks, the design is very low, hence the single stud suspension travel distance, however it works fine, and enables the car to retain the low profile lines. The suspension is very solid.

I meant the 2 length axles that are just catching 1/2 a stud of length by the shocks. That area seems like it could work itself loose. This also looks similar to the suspension that crowkillers did in one of the Lamborghini models that he did.

I meant the 2 length axles that are just catching 1/2 a stud of length by the shocks. That area seems like it could work itself loose. This also looks similar to the suspension that crowkillers did in one of the Lamborghini models that he did.

ok i see, the suspension is pretty solid, but you need to build it to see that, it wont work loose.

The suspensions can only be built in so many configurations, however, although similar, this suspension is different from the crowkillers Murcielago

crowkillers:

lm507.jpg

vectors rear suspension:

rear1.jpg

Edited by skyliner

No, I just meant similar to how the suspension works. :thumbup: I wasn't saying that it was a copy. :classic:

Skyliner, how large is the file?

...how large is the file?

After I paid for Skyliner's Vector W8 PDF building instructions, he e-mailed me 5 different files:

Part 1 (3.595 MB)

Part 2 (3.145 MB)

Part 3 (0.996 MB)

Part 4 (2.268 MB)

Part 5 -- Part Inventory (0.415 MB)

7 minutes ago, Ceo_of_Shitbox said:

Is there still a way to get the instructions now?

Hi. Welcome to EB.

Please be aware that joining a forum to revive a 12 year old topic is frowned upon and it's against forum guidelines.